Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2005 4:11:19 PM EDT
My son's best friend is returning to Davidson after a year in Germany as an exchange student. He's a very bright 21 year-old, a devout Christian, and an entertaining companion. He's been shooting with me and my sons for years. I gave him an AR for his birthday last year, and he will be taking it with him to Davidson. He lives off-campus. He is very safety conscious, and is not a know-it-all.

I'd like to hook him up with somebody near Davidson to show him the local shooting spots and gun shops, go shooting with him, and generally get him linked up with the "gun culture" while he's at school. He will be back up there next weekend (August 20 - 21). He's like a son to me, and I'll be grateful for any help in this regard.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Some good guys in NC. Might want to link to the hometown forum.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#2]
you should post this in Hometown Carolinas, always a bunch of folks shooting at Uhwharrie national Forest.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, guys. I put it up over there, too. He's a great guy - if he hooks up with the NC delegation, they'll be thanking me.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Shameless bump for a good guy. (The lad, not me.)
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:38:34 PM EDT
[#5]
FLAL1A, I'm in Charlotte, and probably 35-40 miles south of Davidson.  The range to which I belong is probably 15 miles south of me so there's likely a place thats nearer to him.

Have him check out the Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club.

If he's willing to make the drive I'd be happy to take him.

I'll search around and see if I can find a place that's closer to him.

Here's a link from the NC Rifle and Pistol Association showing places to shoot in NC.  I've been to the Rowan County Wildlife Association facility in Salisbury, it's also very nice (and they don't bug you about working all the time) and closer to him.

NRA list of NC ranges

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:55:42 PM EDT
[#6]
How far from TN?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How far from TN?

I don't know. It's in the mountains, near (IIRC) Henderson, NC. Per Mapquest, 210 miles from Gatlinburg, 22 miles from Charlotte NC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top