Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2005 3:02:24 PM EDT
I have seen these before but another post reminded me of them again.

Are most of these bullshit or what?  www.justafreak.com/law/index.shtml

Where are the actual statutes for stupid shit like this?

# Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as can the salon owner.
# A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.
# If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.
# It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.
# Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.
# Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.
# It is illegal to skateboard without a license.
# When having sex, only the missionary position is legal.
# You may not fart in a public place after 6 P.M. on Thursdays.
# It is considered an offense to shower naked.
# You are not allowed to break more than three dishes per day, or chip the edges of more than four cups and/or saucers.
# Oral sex is illegal.
# You may not kiss your wife's breasts.
# Penalty for horse theft is death by hanging.
# One may not commit any "unnatural acts" with another person.
# Unmarried couples may not commit "lewd acts" and live together in the same residence.
# Corrupting the public morals is defined as a nuisance, and is declared a misdemeanor offense.
# Doors of all public buildings must open outwards.

ETA Not all of them are stupid but most of them are.  I didnt make up the list.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe "common law" as opposed to statutes?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#2]
You forget that for every law on the books, including ones such as you've cited, theres usually a motivating event or problem that caused the law to be enacted.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:12:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You forget that for every law on the books, including ones such as you've cited, theres usually a motivating event or problem that caused the law to be enacted.

I didnt forget anything.  I didnt think that law makers just sit around thinking of stupid shit to make into law.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:16:36 PM EDT
[#4]

# Doors of all public buildings must open outwards.

Fire code, to make sure that people can get out of a building quickly.  Nothing stupid about it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:19:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didnt forget anything.  I didnt think that law makers just sit around thinking of stupid shit to make into law.

Then they aren't as "stupid" as you may think. There was a reason why they were enacted.Maybe they have to be revisited and some voted off the books. Little local laws have a way of sticking around like that. In the meantime, no harm done except a few extra inches of local laws being printed every year.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#6]
In New York City, you can not walk backwards while eating peanuts.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then they aren't as "stupid" as you may think. There was a reason why they were enacted.Maybe they have to be revisited and some voted off the books. Little local laws have a way of sticking around like that. In the meantime, no harm done except a few extra inches of local laws being printed every year.

Did you even read the list?  I dont even think they are real laws, meaning it is a made up bullshit.  The site says these are state laws not local.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:22:01 PM EDT
[#8]

# Penalty for horse theft is death by hanging.

this is probbly from someplce where horses were very vluble in the pst (like the old west)

sorry for poor spelling, my left pinky is in splint, cnnot type letter A without pin hurting
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#9]
oral sex is a no no? hmmm..dont let any one see you eating pie
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:41:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is exactly why all laws should have a sunset within 5-10 years.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#11]
There are probably lots of places you could find laws similar to those ones that relate to sex. Nothing unusual about those at all. They had a recent USSC case about one of those.

It is also illegal in lots of places to screw a chicken, in case any of you had a hot date tonight. I believe I recently read that it is still legal in Oregon, however, if there is a love you just can't deny.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:15:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Did you even read the list?  I dont even think they are real laws, meaning it is a made up bullshit.  The site says these are state laws not local.

Yes, I read the list. There are just as many lists of "stupid" local laws.Doesn't matter whether the laws in question are state or local laws. Same idea at work.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:20:18 PM EDT
[#13]
In Jefferson Co. WV

you can beat your wife with a stick for being unruley, as long as the stick is no bigger around than your thumb.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#14]
# NFA 1934
# GCA 1968
# MG BAN 1986
# AWB 1994

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top