Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2005 1:36:41 PM EDT
It seems that Iran is supplying military weapons to Iraqi insurgents, and has been for quite some time. We notify the Iraqi Government, but they continue to choose not to support that theory. The new Iraqi Government now has a strong political influence on what areas our military can target. It is well known that there is high level Iraqi's within the Iranian Government. They both support a strict radical Islamic society.

What would happen if they attacked our military within the region?

Could they win?

What would be the expected casualty rate?

Discuss.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you ever heard of the Vroadway show, "Minutemen over Iran"?

Ben

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:42:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I am sure they could get together on some level.............You know Muslin Brothers and all that................It would be huge shit storm for sure if it did happen.................But I think we would see it coming a mile away..........The Iraqi's would have to really put some distance between us and them and that would not be ignored.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:42:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It seems that Iran is supplying military weapons to Iraqi insurgents, and has been for quite some time. We notify the Iraqi Government, but they continue to choose not to support that theory. The new Iraqi Government now has a strong political influence on what areas our military can target. It is well known that there is high level Iraqi's within the Iranian Government. They both support a strict radical Islamic society.

What would happen if they attacked our military within the region?

Could they win?

What would be the expected casualty rate?

Discuss.

IF they tried to rise up against us we'd just put them down. Iran will not risk making an open attack on the US. All they do is make their country a great environment for terrorists to train and supply and to go into Iraq. They know that if they attack us as a nation that it will be the end for them.

And if we go into Iran, because of the foreign terrorists from Iran and Syria, won't stretch our troops too thin because of the source of the terrorists won't change or increase. On the contrary, we'll have control of one of their stomping grounds. Syria would be the same.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:42:52 PM EDT
[#4]
What would happen if they attacked?

They would get their asses kicked.....
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#5]
If they have a death wish. Hell, I'd rather see them do that than this pussyfooted suicide bombing these fuckwits are doing at the moment. It'd make it so much easier for us to kill them off.

-Storm
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:46:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm sorry that I don't share your rosy outlook. Our military is not as strong as you believe it to be. That is what our own Government officials have to say.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#7]
All the USA needs is an excuse to turn Iran into a glass covered placing lot.(j/k, i hope it never happens, but you never know when you're dealing with religious fanatics). At this point they is don't need an excused to destory they nuclear reactor.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:48:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I HIGHLY doubt Iran would join with a Democratic Iraq to do to much of anything..
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Remember many fundamental Iraqi's don't want our democracy. There is a large (silent) majority that want a strict Islam.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What would happen if they attacked?

They would get their asses kicked.....

Do you really think so? If our elected officials continue to strangle our military overseas with restrictive ROE's, and Iran and Iraq attack simultaneously, we're fvcked....Until they give the military the authority to handle all threats with an 'all bets are off' strategy, we're going to continue dying overseas in large numbers.....
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Remember many fundamental Iraqi's don't want our democracy. There is a large (silent) majority that want a strict Islam.

That is simply not true poll after poll has shown the Iraqi's want no such thing.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:53:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm sorry that I don't share your rosy outlook. Our military is not as strong as you believe it to be. That is what our own Government officials have to say.

Our military is better trained, has better equipment, has better leadership, and more importantly has better soldiers than any other military.
We are way stronger than YOU think.
It is just hard to fight an enemy that lurks in the shadows.

Are you trolling? Or are you really so uninformed?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is simply not true poll after poll has shown the Iraqi's want no such thing.

You are correct, and this goes for most in Iran as well.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I smell trolls.....
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:59:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I smell a dupe about 96 times over
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top