Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/14/2005 12:41:48 PM EDT
What is your opinion of it?

Here in California there are many cock raids where a buinch of mexican people always get rounded up for doing something they have done for years...100's of years.

Some people say it is cruel, other say it is a sport.

Of course, people say both of those things about boxing...

So, what say you?

Are you for or against Cock fighting?

Have you ever been involved in a cock fight yourself?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#1]
This one time a buddy and I were going to run a train on this cheerleader and someone missed and.........
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:43:03 PM EDT
[#2]
It has always been my policy to keep my cock away from any sort of dangerous situations.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:43:39 PM EDT
[#3]
so what is it, a hispanic gay orgy set to mariachi music?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I prefer Hamster Death Match!!

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I see no difference between that and dog fighting....and I'm indifferent to those too.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:46:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Cock fighting or dog fighting, I am against both. I don't care about any of the cultural traditions or any of that. I would like to line up, those who do that sport and
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#7]
The only reason cockfighting illegal is because there is gambling and .gov can't collect their taxes.

I could care less if the have cockfighting.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I think cock fighting should be legal. It's a damn chicken, we eat chickens.

And if it were not for the cock fighters there would not be any chickens with those primitive fighting drives. The cock fighters keep the game cock species alive.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Saw some when I was a kid.  Didnt get it then, dont get it now.  

Same goes for dog fighting.  Whats the point?

Travis
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:53:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Let them fight.  It's the nature of the beast.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:56:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I have been to probably half a dozen or so with my uncle and my dad, I've never really enjoyed it. Some of them were pretty big, one had a dedicated barn with its own concession stand (like you'd see at a county fair). It ended up getting busted about six months or a year later.

Edit to say: I don't really see anything too bad about it, we do eat chickens after all. I'd rather be a fighting chicken than a meat chicken, personally.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I couldnt care less.
The same people that think its cruel probably arent crying when they go out for steak.

Its an animal....who cares?
Eat whatever doesnt live.....pretty simple math if you ask me.

Arent there bigger things to worry about?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#13]
It's illegal and *flame suit on* degrading to the animals.  Would you want to see your dog getting the crap beat out by another dog, and have people pay to see it?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:03:46 PM EDT
[#14]
SWORD FIGHT!!!

Digital
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Around here nothing but the lowest form of white trash enjoy that bullshit... Drugs and criminality go hand in hand with it.

I am very happy to say that I have been part of shutting several rings down and arresting several of the main players.

"Entertainment" of the lowest degree for people of the lowest degree.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:06:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Here on Oklahoma it was a big thing, Its now Illegal I think. but if you have been to one, it is a dif experience i tel ya. Lot of money trading hands and people getting shot and stabbed.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Around here nothing but the lowest form of white trash enjoy that bullshit... Drugs and criminality go hand in hand with it.
I am very happy to say that I have been part of shutting several rings down and arresting several of the main players.

"Entertainment" of the lowest degree for people of the lowest degree.

+1 on that.

I don't care much about "chicken's rights" though. But the people that do it are almost always hardcore white trash.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Animals don't have rights, they can't even vote!

I'm indifferent as long as chicken shit doesn't get on my shoes.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:09:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
so what is it, a hispanic gay orgy set to mariachi music?

No, two cocks (chicken) fight till the death, often they put razor blades on the cocks feet.

VERy bloody

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Animals don't have rights, they can't even vote!

I'm indifferent as long as chicken shit doesn't get on my shoes.

That is chicken voting
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Every time I hear the term "cock fighting", I think back to that comedy "Night Patrol" where the cops see a crowd in an alley with a sign saying, "Cock Fights Today". They push their way through the crowd to see two naked men bumping in to each other. Then one grabs the other one's head and slams his head into his penis, sort of like a head butt, knocking him out and winning the match.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:15:19 PM EDT
[#22]
honestly I dont give a rats ass about what these people do with their chickens.  if you think that it is degrading or immoral, then dont enter your chickens in a fight.  if you dont own any chickens, then you have absolutely nothing to worry aobout.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#24]
I think it is just another example of "Them" bringing "Their" culture to the United States and refusing to become "Americans".........................................IBTL
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:25:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Just stick to buying those Betas in fish stores and put those together
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

but its so much more fun to do it while they are still at the store
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#27]
My friend & neighbor was a 3rd generation cock fighter.Was in his late 60's when he died. Definately not white trash.Helped him care for his birds when he got too old.Went to the fights to help him. Never saw anything bad go down. There are dumb shits that dont like black rifles. Better to keep what we've got than to lose everything someone else dont like. Wont be much left before long.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Dog fight No!!!
Chickens fight Yes!!!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:35:29 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

but its so much more fun to do it while they are still at the store

I might be guilty of that
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#30]
I'd say the difference between dog fighting and cock fighting is that an ill-tempered, escaped/loose fighting chicken doesn't pose any real danger to anyone or their pets as opposed to a ill-tempered escaped/loose fighting dog. Yes I've been attacked by chickens before, but it's not like they can actually do any real damage, although I guess if they had razors strapped on, it could get bloody.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#31]
I say its cruel. In boxing the contenstants voluntere to fight.

Quoted:
What is your opinion of it?

Here in California there are many cock raids where a buinch of mexican people always get rounded up for doing something they have done for years...100's of years.

Some people say it is cruel, other say it is a sport.

Of course, people say both of those things about boxing...

So, what say you?

Are you for or against Cock fighting?

Have you ever been involved in a cock fight yourself?

Sgat1r5

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Sgat1r5, are you and Bob fighting over the Enzyte now?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:15:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I think it is just another example of "Them" bringing "Their" culture to the United States and refusing to become "Americans".........................................IBTL

Cockfighting has been around a long time before the influx of hispanics.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#34]
I hope I nevet catch one of you anti cock fighting guys with a bucket of KFC cus I will give you hell. Eating that poor defenseless chicken, not like he wanted to be eaten.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:48:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Cockfighting is legal in Louisiana, has been since we became a state in 1812, I would imagine.  It is something that Cajuns have long been doing.  It is also big in the northern part of the state.

Cockfighting used to be legal in Hawaii and New Mexico, I think it's been banned in both places.

I don't care for it, it just seems boring to me.  Never even been to a cock fight, and they go on all the time here.  Lots of other things to bet on if you want to.  As far as being cruel to chickens, hell, do you think they have it any better in the poultry processing plants?  

How would any of you like it if, somehow, the "law" simply up and banned all firearms???  Wouldn't care for that much, would you?

Leave the cockfighters alone, they aren't hurting anyone.

The biggest problem in this country is people sticking their noses into other people's business, telling them what they can and can't do.   That's how we are in the mess we're in regarding guns and all kinds of other topics.

The Libertarian Party philosophy is looking better to me all the time.

LC

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:49:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:55:59 PM EDT
[#37]
man fighting roosters sux really imho , people oughta get a life
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

"Leave the cockfighters alone, they aren't hurting anyone."

What, are you freaking NUTS???

So tell me, how long have you been in favor of making dumb animals fight to the death for the amusement of people with the sort of sick, twisted minds that would come up with such a drop-dead stupid idea, anyway?

CJ

Maybe you ought to drop him in a pit with some big guy and make it a fight to the death.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I can't see any rational justification whatsoever in forcing animals to fight for the amusement of humans.

What rational person would?

CJ

+1
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:19:56 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
"Leave the cockfighters alone, they aren't hurting anyone."

What, are you freaking NUTS???

So tell me, how long have you been in favor of making dumb animals fight to the death for the amusement of people with the sort of sick, twisted minds that would come up with such a drop-dead stupid idea, anyway?

CJ

Tell me where in my post I said that I was in favor of anything?  What I said was to leave these people alone.  The last I heard, animals don't have any rights, but people do, particularly the right to be left the hell alone.

If you wanna go "make a statement" and rescue some of these animals, be my guest.  But be prepared to accept the consequences of your actions if you do.

Sure, I think it's bad to abuse an animal, but if you put this on a list of really IMPORTANT issues of the day, it would be roughly topic number 1000 on the list.

You sound like one of those "Temperance" wimmen from the 1920's who had nothing better to do than to proselytize on the evils of Demon Rum.   Nothing better to do than to stick your nose into other people's business and tell them how to live their lives???

Do yourself a favor and pick up a book, say, by Vin Suprynowicz, (Send in the Waco Killers is a good one) and learn something about the rights of people to do almost whatever they damn well please without government or anyone else harrassing them.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted: Nothing better to do than to stick your nose into other people's business and tell them how to live their lives???

yup, we shouldn't stop people from torturing animals, because then we'd be butting intp their personal lives.

in fact, we should take it one step further.  we'll just let people beat on their kids, let criminals rape women and rob people, and allow drug dealers to sell their products to school children.  i mean, if we tried to stop them, we's be "sticking our nose into their business", and we all know how wrong that is.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Looks like another one who needs to learn how to read.  Get an education, please.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Looks like another one who needs to learn how to read.  Get an education, please.

read what?  the part where you said those people should be left alone?

by insulting me, you've shown me that you know just as well as i do that your argument is rediculous.  can you even give me a good reason why we should stay out of these criminals' business?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:05:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Well, if you had read the entire thread, you would see that in Louisiana, they are not breaking the law.  Do I think we should throw people in jail who are not breaking the law?  NO.

Do I agree that cockfighting should be illegal?  No.  Again, animals have no rights, they are not people.  People have rights, not animals.  Only in the minds of PETA members do animals have rights.  I'll pose the question again, do you think chickens in the poultry processing plants have it any better than those in a cockfight?  In a cockfight, at least one of the animals has a chance.  In the poultry plants, none of them do.

The point is, if it hurts no one, what business do we have in telling other people what they should do in their personal lives?

Do I think it is a bad thing to abuse an animal?  Yes.  Did I advocate that we do away with laws against rape, murder, etc?  No, I did not.  These laws apply to people, the same people listed above who have RIGHTS.

I hope I have explained myself clearly enough.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I hope I have explained myself clearly enough.

yes, much better.

i think the only thing we're really disagreeing on here is whether or not cock fighting is cruel to animals.  i don't think animals should have any rights either, but it is my opinion that these fights are inhumane and cruel.

i can't comment on the processing plant, but i think i can safely say that the chickens have a less then perfect life inside the plant.  i've seen the peta videos of the processing plants, but we all know how peta is...  they probably abused the animals themselves, filmed it, and blamed it on the plants.  but either way, i don't agree with cruelty to animals anywhere - whether it be in a processing plant or a cock fighting ring.

of course, i doubt i can convince you that cock fighting is unethical, and i doubt you'll be able to shift my views either, so i think i'm done here for now.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:27:05 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I'd say the difference between dog fighting and cock fighting is that an ill-tempered, escaped/loose fighting chicken doesn't pose any real danger to anyone or their pets as opposed to a ill-tempered escaped/loose fighting dog. Yes I've been attacked by chickens before, but it's not like they can actually do any real damage, although I guess if they had razors strapped on, it could get bloody.

Once, when I was little, a chicken attacked me. I was chasing around the mother's chicks. I was very frightened. So I kicked the sumbitch.

(true story)
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:36:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:48:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Real simple and proven point.  If you enjoy any sort of animal cruelty then your a sick fuck.  Hunting for instance is NOT animal cruelty.  I can name off several reasons why we need hunting.  And yes we eat chicken,  none of us are dumb enough to believe the bullshit about eating commercial chicken and cockfighting having SHIT to do with one another.  They HUMANELY kill the chickens we eat.  There are not 50 or more stupid rednecks or mexicans or black people or regular garden variety normal appearing retards standing around the slaughter house strapping fucking razor blades on them betting on who makes it into the KFC bucket first.  This thread really brought out the retarded side of some people.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:21:55 AM EDT
[#49]
You are fulla shit Dusty....humane????....electrocuted, body spun to wring neck,  head chopped off on block, tied to closeline & throat cut......bullshit......So what if they fight, thats what they do, it is not cruel it is a fact of life that roosters'l kill one another, so what if you bet on it...Ever been in a slaughterhouse.......especially a KOSHER one?  

Moralize elsewhere, you are not gonna stop those hispanic types from doing what they have done throughout their history...Hell, what about dog racing....90 of those poor fucking dogs end up with a needle....horses....shoe leather....
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Cock fighting does present a sort of dilemma for me.....

One one hand, we do kill and eat chicken/fowl all the time and the slaughter houses are not as painless and quick as some people think. I love fried chicken.  In fact, some cocks probably die faster and with less pain in the ring than their Perdue pals.   Roosters live to do three things:  feed, fight, and fuk.

On the other hand, I agree that there should be laws against animal cruelty.  I saw my neighbor whipping the shit out of his dog and that guy was lucky I could call the police and have them take care of it because if there had not been that option I would have stepped in.   Even though the dog has no rights and it was his property, I'm glad there was a law to stop that shite.

Is cockfighting more like slaughterhouses or more like animal cruelty?  I dont know. I suppose without convincing evidence that its cruel, I have to live and let live.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top