Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2005 11:42:13 AM EDT
It’s coming. I can’t stop it. Every year that day comes and goes but I still feel the pain. I ask God why the pain is still there, but he does not answer. My sadness and pain turns to anger. Hate rages in my once peaceful heart. I think of the friends I have lost on that September day. They are still in my thoughts. I sometimes speak of them, as they are still alive then realize the evil that is Islam took them from me. I dream of fire and death. I dream of those who took up the sword against us. I have no forgiveness in my heart. There is only hate for them. Why is the only word that I can force through the tears. No matter the politics, no matter the indiscressions of days past; what has been done was evil at it’s blackest. As the day draws near, I can’t stop thinking about it. I can’t make the pain go away. God can’t make the pain go away. No one can. Only the hate burns away the pain but only for a short time. In my waking dreams I see flames. I see smoke. I see the bodies fall from the towers…….and I start to weep. I cry the tears of mourning even after these few years. The tears stop and my fists ball. Hate consumes me over and over. How can I stop the hate? Will the blood of the enemy be enough? Will the death of an entire people be the end to this horror? I don’t know. There are those who would call me lustful for blood. I was not always that way. Not until I saw what evil can do. What evil minds have devised. I walked the hallowed ground there. A sense of peace crept into my heart. It was them. My friends. They are here. They call to me. I drop to my knees not able to stop the tears. I vow vengeance for them. I voice sooths me and says, “Hush now, all will be at peace soon.” I look into the sky and see them. I see the faces of all of them, yet the pain returns. I am no soldier. I am no hero. I am a simple man. I mourn for them. I support their avengers. I pray to God that justice will be done. Until that day, I will weep every September. Like a storm it comes…..and I just can’t stop it alone.

As September 11th fast approaches I get these feelings that I just had to put to words. As a former firefighter from upstate New York, I share the pain of all those who lost loved ones in the rescue of those trapped in the towers. Many good smoke eaters died that day. I dedicate this to them. My brothers both firefighters and LEOs. This musing is in no way intended to offend anyone so please no flames. Mods please email me if this violates any of the CoC rules. I don’t see myself as a writer but I had to write this in order to relieve some of the sadness I feel around this time of year. It’s the sadness and pain of that day that draws this out of me. I chose to share this with all of you because I will never forget. My soul won’t let me.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:44:53 AM EDT
[#1]
we wont forget with you.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:45:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I am with you.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:09:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I knew 11 people on AA #11, and one in the WTC.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:14:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I promise to Never Forget!

Danny
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Although I didn't lose any friends or family there, I still mourn those who lost their lives on that day.  America WILL NOT forget.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:07:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Condolences from Scotland.

Standing shoulder to shoulder with you guys as always.

Blair "Pellet Boy" Houston
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#9]
RABIDFOX50: Hear! Hear!

BlairHous: A GREAT BIG AMERICAN WELCOME!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:17:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I don't set aside anniversaries of 9/11 to hate what happened and swear to do my part to keep it from ever happening again and help to defeat all those who were in support of terrorism.

I do it EVERY day.  

An anniversary is only a date.   Don't store up your anger to express it one day a year.   Express it
every day, never forgive, never forget, and never let one of them get away while you still have one bullet left.

CJ

Believe me dude I do think about it every day. I can't even watch those videos any more. It's haunting.

On a lighter note.....WELCOME to our brother from Scotland!    

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:26:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a good friend on UA 175. I will never forget.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#15]
+1
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I couldnt get those people falling off of the towers out of my head for months, whenever I closed my eyes I could see them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Rest In Peace.

You shall be avenged.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:02:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
It’s coming. I can’t stop it. Every year that day comes and goes but I still feel the pain. I ask God why the pain is still there, but he does not answer. My sadness and pain turns to anger. Hate rages in my once peaceful heart. I think of the friends I have lost on that September day. They are still in my thoughts. I sometimes speak of them, as they are still alivw then realize the evil that is Islam terrorism took them from me. I dream of fire and death. I dream of those who took up the sword against us. I have no forgiveness in my heart. There is only hate for them. Why is the only word that I can force through the tears. No matter the politics, no matter the indiscressions of days past; what has been done was evil at it’s blackest. As the day draws near, I can’t stop thinking about it. I can’t make the pain go away. God can’t make the pain go away. No one can. Only the hate burns away the pain but only for a short time. In my waking dreams I see flames. I see smoke. I see the bodies fall from the towers…….and I start to weep. I cry the tears of mourning even after these few years. The tears stop and my fists ball. Hate consumes me over and over. How can I stop the hate? Will the blood of the enemy be enough? Will the death of an entire people be the end to this horror? I don’t know. There are those who would call me lustful for blood. I was not always that way. Not until I saw what evil can do. What evil minds have devised. I walked the hallowed ground there. A sense of peace crept into my heart. It was them. My friends. They are here. They call to me. I drop to my knees not able to stop the tears. I vow vengeance for them. I voice sooths me and says, “Hush now, all will be at peace soon.” I look into the sky and see them. I see the faces of all of them, yet the pain returns. I am no soldier. I am no hero. I am a simple man. I mourn for them. I support their avengers. I pray to God that justice will be done. Until that day, I will weep every September. Like a storm it comes…..and I just can’t stop it alone.

As September 11th fast approaches I get these feelings that I just had to put to words. As a former firefighter from upstate New York, I share the pain of all those who lost loved ones in the rescue of those trapped in the towers. Many good smoke eaters died that day. I dedicate this to them. My brothers both firefighters and LEOs. This musing is in no way intended to offend anyone so please no flames. Mods please email me if this violates any of the CoC rules. I don’t see myself as a writer but I had to write this in order to relieve some of the sadness I feel around this time of year. It’s the sadness and pain of that day that draws this out of me. I chose to share this with all of you because I will never forget. My soul won’t let me.

I am sorry for your loss and I cant imagine your pain. But this does offend me.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Great collection of Spetmeber 11th cartoons. Here Some of them still get me choked up.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#21]
BTT for 09-11-05.

NEVER FORGET.........NEVER FORGIVE!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:30:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Kennie Waldie, Raytheon, AA11; John Tobin, stockbroker Tower 2; Glenn Wilkenson, LT. FDNY.....I remember them every day......
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:36:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Never Forgive
Never Forget
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#25]
When I think of it, I think of my friend fighting in Afghanistan right now.  Godspeed to him and God bless those left behind on that horrible day.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I am sorry for your loss and I cant imagine your pain. But this does offend me.

And you will find few here that care if it does........
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:16:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Although I didn't lose any friends or family there, I still mourn those who lost their lives on that day.  America WILL NOT forget.

Oh how I wish I could say 'America will not forget.' Sadly, many have forgotten. The media in this country has villified our nation, our president and our armed men and women. We are the bad guys, in their eyes, and we deserved everything we got on 9-11 plus more.

I will not forget.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:28:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I couldnt get those people falling off of the towers out of my head for months, whenever I closed my eyes I could see them.

I still see them, and wonder if I knew any of them.  I had a couple fraternity brothers who were bond traders for Cantor Fitzgerald.  They were never found.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:35:27 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a huge poster of the WTC before it's destruction by the enemies of the US. I keep it to remind me that before it fell it was full of Americans and was a beautiful symbol and landmark of NY and the US.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, I feel sadness and loss too, but there are a lot of us out there for whom the date 9/11 has other meanings for. Birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

Never forget what happened, but we must move on.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:57:57 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Well, I feel sadness and loss too, but there are a lot of us out there for whom the date 9/11 has other meanings for. Birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

Never forget what happened, but we must move on.

Don't get me wrong, moving on is part of the healing. It's just the knowing of what that date now means is the driving factor behind the sadness. We should all move on, but we should also never forget. Kind of a difficult thing either way. Anyway, I had a burst of literary thought so I figured I would put it to words and share. Sad words for a sad day, thats all. There are a few who are offended by "some" of my words but to them I say, to each his own thoughts.

God bless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top