Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2005 10:28:51 AM EDT
I was on patrol on night. I noticed a car speeding towards me. I activated my radar gun and indeed the car was speeding. It was around 70 in a 35. I did my turn around, chased the car down and made the stop. It was obvious the guy had been drinking.

Went through all the FST's, he did not have a drivers liscense on him. So I ran the his name, DOB and SS number. The physical description fit and he had a valid liscense. I booked him for DUI, mug shots, finger prints the standard deal for booking.

The guy shows up for court, pleads guilty and the judge set a payment schedule for the fines. A month or so goes by and he never makes a payment. The Judge issues a FTO (failure to obey) warrant for the non-payment of fines. The warrant is entered into the NCIS.

About another month goes by and dispatch gets a call from a city about 25 miles away. They have stopped my guy and want to know if I will come get him. I tell them to put a hold on him, run by my PD to pick up the warrant and head to that towns PD to pickup my prisoner.

I get to the PD, shake hands and introduce myself to the other officers. They lead me back to their processing area. They walk me up to the guy who I was there to pick up. It's not my guy! I look around and see another guy sitting in a chair. I point to him and say that's my guy. He was brought in because when they ran his correct information he had suspeneded DL and his mom was on her to pick him up since he could not drive the car away. He was going to let his little brother go down for his warrant. Lucky for him I was the one on duty that night and recognized him.

I start questioning both of them and turns out these two guys are brothers. Same build, eye color, hair color, weight and they are about a year apart in age. Turns out the older brother used his younger brothers info when I arrested him because he had lost his DL for a previous DUI.

I rearrest my original guy. Carry him to jail. Press new charges related to the original DUI and speeding I busted him for plus Giving False Information to a Police Officer and DWS. This time the guy is held in jail until the next court date.

The younger brother shows up for this court date. The Judge was pissed. The Judge issued orders to suspened the previous warrants and citations for the little brother. The Judge then tells him that if he wants to he would allow him to take his older brother out back for a little revenge. He declined.

The Judge ended up giving the older brother maxium fines and jail time for all the offenses on the older brother. Which he ended up reducing a month later after the Mayor got pissed about the guy being locked up for so long. Costs the city something like $15 a day to lock someone up.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
..................The Judge ended up giving the older brother maxium fines and jail time for all the offenses on the older brother. Which he ended up reducing a month later after the Mayor got pissed about the guy being locked up for so long. Costs the city something like $15 a day to lock someone up.

Well, you and Andy should tell the mayor that Mayberry should go ahead and bear the cost because that's what the town is all about.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:41:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
..................The Judge ended up giving the older brother maxium fines and jail time for all the offenses on the older brother. Which he ended up reducing a month later after the Mayor got pissed about the guy being locked up for so long. Costs the city something like $15 a day to lock someone up.

Well, you and Andy should tell the mayor that Mayberry should go ahead and bear the cost because that's what the town is all about.

I agree. But politicians don't see it the same way.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The younger brother shows up for this court date. The Judge was pissed. The Judge issued orders to suspened the previous warrants and citations for the little brother. The Judge then tells him that if he wants to he would allow him to take his older brother out back for a little revenge. He declined.

Awesome!

Is this judge called Roy Bean?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Awesome!

Is this judge called Roy Bean?

This Judge carred a Sig 226 everywhere.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Which he ended up reducing a month later after the Mayor got pissed about the guy being locked up for so long. Costs the city something like $15 a day to lock someone up.

Oh Boy..if a mayor got involved it would be hell for him. they are lucky our lock up is bargain basement at $144 to process and $58 a day.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:35:10 PM EDT
[#6]
evening bump
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Another great story Bama!

Thanks for sharing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top