Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2005 10:08:45 AM EDT
Anyone know a good way to remove oil stains on the ground? Is there a product available that is good for that?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Cat litter and Tide.

Pour it on and let it sit a day or two.

Sweap it around a liitle bit every few hours will help it work faster.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#2]
i have heard that WD40 will take oil stains off.  i have yet to try it though.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:12:37 AM EDT
[#3]
a bunch of privates and some drysweep
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:15:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Muratic Acid cleans eats concrete.

When used in moderation and cut down some, it will take anything off of concrete off enough concrete so your stain will disappear.

Lowes or Home Depot.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:22:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Muriatic acid.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Fire works, found out the hard way.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Cat litter is about the best/cleanest/quickest. Sprinkle over oil stain. Grind it in using your foot in a circular motion. This makes it a finer powder that gets into the cracks better. Sweep up after a minute or two.You will have nice clean concrete without making a bigger mess by using liquid cleaners.Ihave been using this trick successfully for 30 years.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks.

I had a renter who ended up using the driveway and the street in front, and across from the house as his own personal garage. Needless to say, the neighbors are pissed. So I have to clean it up somehow. I will try the kitty litter option first.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#9]
When I was changing my oil I got a bunch on the driveway.  Soap and water wasnt getting it off so I shot it with some brake cleaner.  The oil came right off with the brake cleaner.  I dont know if it will work with set in stains.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Anyone know a good way to remove oil stains on the ground? Is there a product available that is good for that?

oil eating bacteria , if you can get 'em.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:34:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
a bunch of privates and some drysweep

When I was in the grunts, we called it Dry Sweep.

When I lat moved to the wing, they called it "Speedy Dry"....Which sounded way gay
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:50:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Thanks.

I had a renter who ended up using the driveway and the street in front, and across from the house as his own personal garage. Needless to say, the neighbors are pissed. So I have to clean it up somehow. I will try the kitty litter option first.

Cheers!

Make sure its concrete

Asphalt and Muratic acid...........
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
When I was changing my oil I got a bunch on the driveway.  Soap and water wasnt getting it off so I shot it with some brake cleaner.  The oil came right off with the brake cleaner.  I dont know if it will work with set in stains.

I don't know about the new kind but the old that had trichlorethane was damn good. We had 55 gallon drums of the tri at work to degrease parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top