Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 11:03:11 PM EDT
 Well, at about 10pm tonight my cat caught and ate a small mouse, no biggie.  Now it is after midnight and she has caught a mourning dove.  She is a damn good huntress!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:15:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sounds like you have the makings of a fine stew.

How long do you boil a fatted cat?

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:17:43 PM EDT
[#3]
What did the dove do?  Mind you, I am a dove hunter but I know how damaging cats are to wild bird populations.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:19:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Dove are symbols of peace.

This cat is a killer.

Studies have shown that those that kill animals for no reason when young end up becoming cereal (and sometimes Oatmeal) killers when they get older.

SGat1r5
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:22:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What did the dove do?  Mind you, I am a dove hunter but I know how damaging cats are to wild bird populations.

It was strange that my cat would catch a dove this late at night.  It surprised me.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:23:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:29:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Dove are symbols of peace.

This cat is a killer.

Studies have shown that those that kill animals for no reason when young end up becoming cereal (and sometimes Oatmeal) killers when they get older.

SGat1r5

Correct yourself or add a smiley!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:31:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was strange that my cat would catch a dove this late at night.  It surprised me.  

Birds roost and therefore, sleep at night.  Sitting ducks, so to speak.  Birds roost at sunset.

Back when I was varmit hunting, I would get the crap scared out of me when I startled turkey roosting in oak trees.  They roost in groups and waking one means the entire group takes to wing but not before dropping off roost.  Highly illegal to shoot them on roost.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:32:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah well, I toss live crickets in with my spiders and watch them get hunted down and ripped apart Roman style.  It is what they do.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:51:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

She is a damn good huntress!

Like this :

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top