Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2005 10:57:16 PM EDT
can anyone recommend a good reputible online source for a Seiko Kinetic Titanium watch?

I can get one locally for around $300 OTD
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:03:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I would try Princeton Watches . Its where I got my Seiko Auto-Kinetic Watch a few years ago at a very reasonable price
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:13:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I was looking at this one www.princetonwatches.com/shop/SKH681.asp on their site, but I did not know about their rep.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:57:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I was looking at this one www.princetonwatches.com/shop/SKH681.asp on their site, but I did not know about their rep.

In my experince they were really good. I can't quite remember how long it took them to ship, but the product was delivered and I haven't had a problem since. I recommend them.

The only bad thing about the titanium watches is the pins that hold the band together start to slip after a few years. I've had mine for about 4 years now, and the pins have a tendancy to slip through every once and awhile. Its not a real problem, but it can be irritating. Can't comment on the stainless steel, but titanium is the way to go IMO.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:28:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Inventory Adjusters is a great store in Phoenix.  Best prices I've found anywhere.  I bought a watch at their brick & mortar store but they mainly sell online.

They have that Seiko listed at $ 190.00:
www.inventoryadjusters.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sid=1&sfid=48265&c=0&i=34750856
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:05:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Check Ebay, and be guided by the seller's feedback. I've always done well there.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In my experince they were really good. I can't quite remember how long it took them to ship, but the product was delivered and I haven't had a problem since. I recommend them.

The only bad thing about the titanium watches is the pins that hold the band together start to slip after a few years. I've had mine for about 4 years now, and the pins have a tendancy to slip through every once and awhile. Its not a real problem, but it can be irritating. Can't comment on the stainless steel, but titanium is the way to go IMO.

I bought a watch from them about a year ago. I believe they had overnight shipping for maybe $10-15 and I had it the next day. Great service.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:27:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Last one I had I broke within days of wearing
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:31:27 PM EDT
[#9]
try ebay, lots of models to choose from.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:32:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I would try Princeton Watches . Its where I got my Seiko Auto-Kinetic Watch a few years ago at a very reasonable price

There prices are very good.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:34:59 PM EDT
[#11]
You do know that by purchasing a Japanese watch you're just contributing to the downfall of America don't you?
Are you in favor of trade deficits?
Do you like sending our money overseas to the detriment of your fellow countrymen?
Why aren't you buying one that's made in the USA?

(sorry I was just reading one of those "Which truck should I buy?" threads and wondering why this kind of responns never seems to come up in other non-US made product threads.)
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:58:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You do know that by purchasing a Japanese watch you're just contributing to the downfall of America don't you?
Do you like sending our money overseas to the detriment of your fellow countrymen?

(sorry I was just reading one of those "Which truck should I buy?" threads and wondering why this kind of responns never seems to come up in other non-US made product threads.)

I wear a swiss watch.. Is that bad?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:25:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Are there any US made watches?

The Marathon TSAR is made in North america (Canada).
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:28:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I've bought from this guy in malaysia:

www.roachman.com

Good if you're looking for models that aren't usually sold in the USA.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

RGM Watches - Made in Mount Joy, PA:
www.rgmwatches.com/
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:48:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

The Marathon TSAR is made in North america (Canada).

There's a guy in Montana that makes watches.  Peter Fonda likes them and is in their ads, but to me they're a little too much on the homely side.

The Seiko watches are nice, and Princeton actually has a relationship with Seiko.  There shouldn't be any issues with warranty work, even on their Japanese only models (listed as US Exclusive Model on their site) like the Orange Monster (Model SKX781 and derivatives).

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:13:38 AM EDT
[#17]
I've had good experiences with www.skywatches.com.sg/Purchases are actually from his ebay site.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:35:31 AM EDT
[#18]
I think I've got it.

Bluedial.com Seiko Titanium Kinetic

$250 includes free UPS 2-day shipping and free sizing of the watchband.

I have used Bluedial before and they are top notch.

I have no affiliation with Bluedial.com or Seiko.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:32:49 AM EDT
[#19]
I bought my last Seiko on Ebay, but I can't remember the seller.  It shipped from Hong Kong, which really made me pause.  However, the seller had a few thousand postive feedback, so I took a chance.
Took a little over a week for shipping, but it was a helluva deal!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Order placed at Bluedial.com

Thanks for the info everyone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top