Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/13/2005 10:21:42 PM EDT
I went shooting at an unmanned range about 30 miles from my house.  When I arrived there was a gaggle (or is it covey, pod, flock...?) of gangstas  "doin dat all up in der."

How did I know they were gangstas?  

1. All their guns were in a bag that was eerily reminiscent of the one Michael "D-Fens" Douglas takes from the gangstas in Falling Down.

2.  All handguns were fired using the gangsta-cool sideway handgrip.

3. Most times the shooter had a pistol going in each hand... both turned sideways of course.

4. Their only rifle was an SKS, and great People’s Republic of California has taught us that only gangstas use those evil guns!

Anyway, my usual policy is “to each his own.”  Besides I’d much rather have them shooting up the hillside than a neighborhood.  But their lack of safety practices was making me a little nervous.  Remember, this is an open range with no safety officer.

My choices:

1. Leave: Not after driving 30 miles

2. Do nothing: Not usually my style

3. Lecture: Again, not my style

4. Make friends.  Besides, I had never shot an SKS or any other AK variant.

I wandered over and offered to let them shoot my AR if I could shoot their SKS.  They agreed, and we had a good ol’ time.  I was able to throw in a few things like “Oh, this rifle has a very light trigger.  It’s safest to keep your finger off it entirely until you’re ready to shot.” & “When everyone calls ‘Clear’ it makes us all feel safer if you remove your magazine, clear the gun, and don’t touch it until the range is hot again.”

At one point a few of them were looking curiously at the AR and whispering.  Only after they left did it occur to me that they probably saw the “Restricted Law Enforcement/Government Use Only” stamp on the lower receiver!

To quote just about every episode of South Park, “I think we all learned something today….”

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Good job.
Like they say, you catch more flies with honey then vinegar.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe misguided youth? Who knows. Punk kids.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:31:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Although you seem to have pulled it off rather well, something tells me I would have failed miserably at #4.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:38:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't trust anyone at my local range. When I see some gangsta's I stick another magazine in my AR15, load it, flip it to safety and sling it. Walk downrange like this.

I know its voodoo at a real range. But this range is miles out of the way. People have had their guns stolen, and I have seen much unsafer things at this range.

Saw a fully automatic chinese SKS "Supposedly" it was 100% stock. I don't believe it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:55:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I went shooting at an unmanned range about 30 miles from my house.  When I arrived there was a gaggle (or is it covey, pod, flock...?)...

It's a 'shitbag of Gangstas'
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:59:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
At one point a few of them were looking curiously at the AR and whispering.  Only after they left did it occur to me that they probably saw the “Restricted Law Enforcement/Government Use Only” stamp on the lower receiver!

They probably thought you were the Miltonator.

"Hay, dawg. Don't fuck wid dis foo', he be da Miltonator. Lookit dis shit! Govmint use only, foo!"
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:05:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I don't trust anyone at my local range. When I see some gangsta's I stick another magazine in my AR15, load it, flip it to safety and sling it. Walk downrange like this.....

I used to shoot at a remote range in a nat'l forest in SC, near Augusta.  I ALWAYS did that when changing targets if alone.  I usually went with a friend and one of us would keep an eye out at others at the range while one of us went downrange.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:08:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey thanks for showing me and my buddies a good time.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:11:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Punk kids.

Simply not being able to shoot properly make you a punk kid, from the sounds of it they werent horrible.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:12:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Had a guy shooting next to us one day at an unmanned range, Remington 7mm bolt action. After awhile saw him raise up and shoot a buzzard out of the sky !!! We were about done anyway and packed up and left but it was a damn good shot Illegal as hell though.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:18:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hey thanks for showing me and my buddies a good time.

Thug
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:20:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Only after they left did it occur to me that they probably saw the “Restricted Law Enforcement/Government Use Only” stamp on the lower receiver!

They probably thought you were the fuzz and got nervous.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:23:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't trust anyone at my local range. When I see some gangsta's I stick another magazine in my AR15, load it, flip it to safety and sling it. Walk downrange like this.....

I used to shoot at a remote range in a nat'l forest in SC, near Augusta.  I ALWAYS did that when changing targets if alone.  I usually went with a friend and one of us would keep an eye out at others at the range while one of us went downrange.

I shoot at an unsupervised public range and ALWAYS have a holstered sidearm at ALL TIMES when there.

Never had one bit of a problem but it's just the smart thing to do as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:26:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Did you use a lot of slang, Like calling them homies, That would have helped
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:26:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Had a guy shooting next to us one day at an unmanned range, Remington 7mm bolt action. After awhile saw him raise up and shoot a buzzard out of the sky !!! We were about done anyway and packed up and left but it was a damn good shot Illegal as hell though.

Ya gotta wonder why its even illegal to shoot them. Nasty birds they are, like pigeons, and seagulls.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:40:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Did you use a lot of slang, Like calling them homies, That would have helped

Unfortunatley, my Ebonics is rather limited.  I did try on "Be-atch" a few times and of course dropped enough f-bombs to level Dresden.  You know like, "F**k! I f**ckn f**ked the f**king f**k outta dat f**ker!"  

They didn't seem to impressed, but some of them weren't wearing ears so I don't know how much the heard!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:53:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

3. Most times the shooter had a pistol going in each hand... both turned sideways of course.

I had bought two identical handguns one time (one for me and one for my dad as a gift). A few buddies were over while I had them both and they all held them in both hands, sideways and smiled. They even said it made them feel like a gangbanger or something Maybe it is in the human DNA .....  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:07:08 AM EDT
[#18]
shooting sideways gangsta is the sweetest
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:23:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Punk kids.

Simply not being able to shoot properly make you a punk kid, from the sounds of it they werent horrible.

This isn't directed towards you olyarms. Just a mini-rant at people who try to be pc and not profile perps based on actions, attitude, and dress.

If I dress like a cop, act like a cop, and talk like a cop. Most people would rightfully think I'm a cop.

If I dress like a fag, act like a fag, and talk like a fag so that everyone within visual range or earshot can understand I'm acting like a fag. I think that most people would think I'm a fag.

Now if I dress like a scum bag degenerate gang banger, talk like a scum bag degenerate gang banger, and talk like a scum bag degenerate gang banger so that everyone within visual range or earshot can understand I'm acting like a scum bag degenerate gang banger. I once more, think that most people would think I'm a scum bag degenerate gang banger.

I despise it when people make excuses for scum bag degenerate gang banger types exposing their scum bag degenerate gang banger shit to the rest of the world.

The rest of the world doesn't buy into the scum bag degenerate gang banger shit, doesn't respect it, and think the people who buy into the whole criminal atitude deserve to be treated like scum bag degenerate gang bangers and shot dead in the streets like dogs and dumped in the nearest trash can.

Oops. I forgot to tell shooter that I'm glad he ahd a good experience at the range.

Can you tell I have a special hatred toward the gang related rap crap that the entertainment industry has decided to cram down everyone's throat. And I especially hate it when people act like it's not offensive crap and treat it like it's entertaining.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:25:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Lemme guess....Glock F0' TEE's , that they got their skank girlfriend to buy under a straw purchase.

If I'm not mistaken, Glock Mfg has done away with text Owner's Manuals ...and has opted for non-text picture format of this shooting style. However , this does include the optional sunroof firing postion pictoral also.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:57:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Did they have sights like these on that Fo-Tee?

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:20:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Now if I dress like a scum bag degenerate gang banger, talk like a scum bag degenerate gang banger, and talk like a scum bag degenerate gang banger so that everyone within visual range or earshot can understand I'm acting like a scum bag degenerate gang banger. I once more, think that most people would think I'm a scum bag degenerate gang banger.

+1 and I don't get why people think that is cool..........
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:26:41 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

www.m38a1.com/g503/glock_sight.jpg

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:22:21 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:23:48 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Ya know one of these  days I  am going  to get a  bug up my  ass and actually have a set made for me on a spare slide.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:32:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Well done, Shooter_Doug.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:39:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Anytime I see people shooting in an unsafe manner, I'm outta there.

I;d rather punt a thirty minute drive than be driven to the morgue.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:50:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Good job, but the SKS is not an AK varriant.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:47:37 AM EDT
[#29]
I was shooting in the lane next to a "gangsta style" shooter once.  I kept a close eye on him at first but I soon realized that he was safe enough with his weapon but couldn't hit shit with it.  I was shooting my  USP .45 and was doing OK (for me) with the vast majority of my shots hitting center mass at 25 feet.  He was  missing paper on all but a few of his shots.  He kept complaining that his "Piecoshit" Glock (Glock 17) was broken.  He finally asked me to shoot it and see if could hit with it.  It wasn't the pistol.  I  taught him the proper hold and he started hitting his target.  He turned out to be a very nice guy in the end.  I asked him where he learned to hold a pistol like that and he told me (what a shock) "from the movies".  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:55:18 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
But their lack of safety practices was making me a little nervous.  

When I encounter guys like this... I just conduct myself in an even less safe/more dangerous way than they are.... So much so that they get nervous and leave

A good defense is a good offense

'Just kiddin'....
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:02:25 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I was shooting in the lane next to a "gangsta style" shooter once.  I kept a close eye on him at first but I soon realized that he was safe enough with his weapon but couldn't hit shit with it.  I was shooting my  USP .45 and was doing OK (for me) with the vast majority of my shots hitting center mass at 25 feet.  He was  missing paper on all but a few of his shots.  He kept complaining that his "Piecoshit" Glock (Glock 17) was broken.  He finally asked me to shoot it and see if could hit with it.  It wasn't the pistol.  I  taught him the proper hold and he started hitting his target.  He turned out to be a very nice guy in the end.  I asked him where he learned to hold a pistol like that and he told me (what a shock) "from the movies".

so, basically what we're dong here is teaching gangbangers to shoot better? hahahahahahaha

now are we gonna start taking up collections to send them to blackwater?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:14:07 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ya gotta wonder why its even illegal to shoot them. Nasty birds they are, like pigeons, and seagulls.

Prolly 'cause they're kinda nature's garbage man. They take out the trash...
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:18:23 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

so, basically what we're dong here is teaching gangbangers to shoot better? hahahahahahaha

Possibly yes.  This guy didn't talk or dress like one, he just shot "gangsta style".  I am a nice guy, what can I say?  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:21:25 AM EDT
[#34]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
Had a guy shooting next to us one day at an unmanned range, Remington 7mm bolt action. After awhile saw him raise up and shoot a buzzard out of the sky !!!  We were about done anyway and packed up and left but it was a damn good shot  Illegal as hell though.

Prolly 'cause they're kinda nature's garbage man. They take out the trash...

So that's why you see them circling over the Capitol building when Congress is in session!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:24:45 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was thinking the same thing! The only positive thing would be that they might actually start hitting each other during drive by's as opposed to innocent bystanders.
I gots me no luv for thug life yo.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:33:11 AM EDT
[#36]
So was this your first time shooting stolen firearms?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:37:24 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was thinking the same thing! The only positive thing would be that they might actually start hitting each other during drive by's as opposed to innocent bystanders.
I gots me no luv for thug life yo.

Ever wonder that maybe, just maybe, they were targeting the innocent bystanders? I've considered it on occasion, and it's not too far of a leap thinking they're doing it to instill a little fear in the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:45:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Laugh all you want; but if you ever have to neutralze a store clerk who is hiding down behind the counter, you will appreciate the increased downward muzzle deflection available from the proven gangsta' grip.

Regards,
Mild Bill

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:27:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Excellent!

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:06:47 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, at the forest range in Tallahasse we used to go in a group of at least 3.  All with holstered pistols and a loaded rifle at target changes.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:08:26 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had bought two identical handguns one time (one for me and one for my dad as a gift). A few buddies were over while I had them both and they all held them in both hands, sideways and smiled. They even said it made them feel like a gangbanger or something Maybe it is in the human DNA .....  

It's actually possible to do this with single shot revolvers.  Because you can cock on while aiming the other.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:13:00 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Not related to the subject of hand, but I hate it when someone marks over another person's Url with theirs.  wishlamp?  Dumb asses.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:26:15 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Prolly what kept ya from gettin robbed of your $$ and rifle! (That, and your cocked and locked .45 on you hip. . . . you were carryin a pistol. . . . . right?)
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:27:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Not sure if I see an upside to teaching any gangsta (real or wannabe) how to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:36:37 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I went shooting at an unmanned range about 30 miles from my house.  When I arrived there was a gaggle (or is it covey, pod, flock...?) of gangstas  "doin dat all up in der."

How did I know they were gangstas?  

1. All their guns were in a bag that was eerily reminiscent of the one Michael "D-Fens" Douglas takes from the gangstas in Falling Down.

4. Their only rifle was an SKS, and great People’s Republic of California has taught us that only gangstas use those evil guns!

Anyway, my usual policy is “to each his own.”  Besides I’d much rather have them shooting up the hillside than a neighborhood.  But their lack of safety practices was making me a little nervous.  Remember, this is an open range with no safety officer.

My choices:

1. Leave: Not after driving 30 miles

2. Do nothing: Not usually my style

3. Lecture: Again, not my style

4. Make friends.  Besides, I had never shot an SKS or any other AK variant.

I wandered over and offered to let them shoot my AR if I could shoot their SKS.  They agreed, and we had a good ol’ time.  I was able to throw in a few things like “Oh, this rifle has a very light trigger.  It’s safest to keep your finger off it entirely until you’re ready to shot.” & “When everyone calls ‘Clear’ it makes us all feel safer if you remove your magazine, clear the gun, and don’t touch it until the range is hot again.”

To quote just about every episode of South Park, “I think we all learned something today….”

If you look anything like your avitar I am suprised they didnt beat you up and take your lunch money!

I just hope you realize fast that whole situation could have gone south.

Nice job
CH
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:40:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:51:25 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Godd for you.

I think we, the general membership of Arfcom, should TEACH these ne'erdoers the PROPER way to shoot.

That way when they do a driveby they can hit what they're aiming at, (other gangbangers), and not innocent  bystanders.

The gang problem will be solved in less than 5 years!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:11:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#49]
When I go to a public range, I keep a loaded pistol in the small of my back. After the deal in Miami where the bad guys would seek out shooters, kill them, take their weapons and vehicles, I'd rather be prepared.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:38:42 AM EDT
[#50]
You could have been mugged.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top