Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 9:44:13 PM EDT
As much as I hate to I think I am going to sell my snakes. I have a 3 year old Ball python. Very tame snake. 55 gallon aquarium, heat lamp, undertank heat pad, ect. I am thinking of asking 150$ for the setup. I have about that in it. Bought the snake when it was very small off a co-worker who couldn't afford to feed it. (he must have been BAD off). Never even been snapped at by this snake.

I also have a 4 foot long grey/black corn snake. I got this snake for free from a local high school. Corn snakes are no longer available in WV because they are "native". 20 long aquarium with the works. Thinking of asking 75$ for it. This snake is alittle more wild than the ball python. Bit me once (cloudy eyes, about to shed). My own stupidity.

Think these prices sound about right?

I had to get rid of them but I don't want to leave my brother and parents to care for my snakes. I won't be home much for the next 4 years so I think this will be the right thing to do.

Fairwell snakes
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:48:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Hat bands...
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Those aren't bad prices.

I know that in the CA Bay Area that Ball Pythons are going as babies for around $100, and I bought a baby corn snake for about $50.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:59:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Corns were going for 75$ for a baby. Mines is fairly large. Eats 4-5 full grown mice a feeding. Much longer than my python but much skinnier.

Pythons sell for around 100-150$ here. I do not have that much invested so I am not going to push for big money out of them.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:54:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
As much as I hate to I think I am going to sell my snakes. I have a 3 year old Ball python. Very tame snake. 55 gallon aquarium, heat lamp, undertank heat pad, ect. I am thinking of asking 150$ for the setup. I have about that in it. Bought the snake when it was very small off a co-worker who couldn't afford to feed it. (he must have been BAD off). Never even been snapped at by this snake.

I also have a 4 foot long grey/black corn snake. I got this snake for free from a local high school. Corn snakes are no longer available in WV because they are "native". 20 long aquarium with the works. Thinking of asking 75$ for it. This snake is alittle more wild than the ball python. Bit me once (cloudy eyes, about to shed). My own stupidity.

Think these prices sound about right?

I had to get rid of them but I don't want to leave my brother and parents to care for my snakes. I won't be home much for the next 4 years so I think this will be the right thing to do.

Fairwell snakes

Per COC, snake threads all require pics.  Please correct immediately.

Thanks,

Merlin
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:56:01 AM EDT
[#5]
they good eatin?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top