Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/13/2005 7:53:11 PM EDT
On Monday, my mom heard her dogs go apeshit, and decided to ignore it. The sound changed and she got up thinking it was my wife and me stopping back by. It turned out to be the neighbor's son, reaching in through the dog door. She asked him what he wanted, and long story short, he and his friend bailed when she reached for the phone.

Today, he went to his mother's house and beat her with a rock in an apparent attempt to get her to give him all her money. She escaped and dialed 911, and when he heard the sirens, he fled outside.
Apparently, her neighbor had heard the noise from the fight, and had come outside to see if she needed help. Her son shot and killed him. He got into a vehicle (we don't know if it was stolen or not) and tried to run over a Mesa Police Officer. He was (rightfully) shot and died on the scene.

His father (my dad's neighbor and friend) is recovering from a heart attack suffered a few weeks ago, and is undergoing chemotherapy for prostate cancer. His son (32 years old) is dead, another innocent is dead, my Parent's trust in people is shaken (the dead guy worked for my dad for a time) and now my mother is playing the what if game (what if he had gotten in the house on Monday, what if I had been around to listen to him while he still worked for us, what if I had been forced to shoot him....).

Keep your awareness up. People, even people that you would never suspect, can turn bad. What kind of rot would drive Brian to attack his mother and kill someone, I do not know. I hope to never know. This came within a hair's breadth from involving my family, and it is a sobering event.

GT
( I worked with Brian while helping my dad with some projects. He seemed like a good guy that had gotten tangled up with some bad shit, but was getting it back together. Apparently, this was not the case.)
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:55:42 PM EDT
[#1]
That is some crazy stuff there, I read the first story about it as well. Was he on Meth ? Sounds like it.

ETA: Glad your Mom is OK, my aunt was talking about a doggy door a couple of days ago and I remembered your story and told her to nix that idea.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Was this guy on drugs?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:57:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That is some crazy stuff there, I read the first story about it as well. Was he on Meth ? Sounds like it.

They aren't sure what he was on, but Meth is a good guess. Bad shit that.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#4]

GT
( I worked with Brian while helping my dad with some projects. He seemed like a good guy that had gotten tangled up with some bad shit, but was getting it back together. Apparently, this was not the case.)

They never get it back together. Stay clear of them.

Tell your mom he's alot better off now .

Glad your parents are alright!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:03:32 PM EDT
[#5]
That sounds like a bad situation, but I am having a little trouble following who is who.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:03:56 PM EDT
[#6]
What a tragic waste of life. Meth is really doing a great job of fucking up our country.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:04:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Wait.. I'm not too clear on it..

So ex-employee (neighbor's son - Asshat A) was caught on the first night trying to break in through the dog door of your mom's house, and he and his friend (Asshat B) ran away.

Today, neighbor's son went to his mom's house and bashed her with a rock. Neighbor (mom) ran away and called 911 and when the LEO arrived (sirens) Asshat A ran outside.

Other neighbors were outside in response to the commotion.

Asshat A killed one of those neighbors.

Asshat A ran to vehicle, and tried to run over responding LEO.

LEO fired, killing Asshat A.

Ok, making sense now.. I read it the first time and it sounded like Asshat A attacked your mom then killed Asshat B then commited suicide-by-cop.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:04:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#9]
So, where was the dog when all of this went down?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:08:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Wait.. I'm not too clear on it..

So ex-employee (neighbor's son - Asshat A) was caught on the first night trying to break in through the dog door of your mom's house, and he and his friend (Asshat B) ran away.

Today, neighbor's son went to his mom's house and bashed her with a rock. Neighbor (mom) ran away and called 911 and when the LEO arrived (sirens) Asshat A ran outside.

Other neighbors were outside in response to the commotion.

Asshat A killed one of those neighbors.

Asshat A ran to vehicle, and tried to run over responding LEO.

LEO fired, killing Asshat A.

Ok, making sense now.. I read it the first time and it sounded like Asshat A killed Asshat B or something similar.

Asshat boy (Brian)'s parents are divorced. Brian's dad is my parent's neighbor. Brian beat his own mother with a rock and killed his mother's neighbor. Then apparently barricaded himself in his mother's neighbor's house for an hour, then tried to make a run for it in the neighbor's car. He drove at the cops, cops shot him (he was apparently waving a gun, and his outstanding warrant indicated armed and dangerous).

The only asshat killed was Junkie Boy (Brian).
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Good question, good scenario for a pitbull to earn his reputation there
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Not in much of a jovial mood. This could have been my folks.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good question, good scenario for a pitbull to earn his reputation there

I have a Pit Bull. My mom has Aussie shepherds. My mom and dad were going ask about borrowing my dogs tomorrow. This is now a moot point.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#14]
why wasnt he picked up for the outstanding warrant after he tried to bust into your parents place?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#15]
GT,

Hope your family is okay.

Do you know who the Mesa officer is that was involved or what district it happend in? I have many friends at Dobson and Falcon district. I worked with a bunch of guys from Falcon, including Tac Air guys.

This sucks all the way around.

Best wishes to your family and friends.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
why wasnt he picked up for the outstanding warrant after he tried to bust into your parents place?

When my mom picked up the phone, he and his buddy ran. No known address. Mom was shocked to see someone she had had over for dinner many times trying to break into the house.

She thought it was my wife and me coming back (our air conditioning was out), and didn't even think of taking the gun to see what the noise was. I have informed her that my feelings won't be hurt a bit if she answers the door with a gun in her hand when we come over.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Any idea where he got the gun to shoot the neighbor with ? My family members make fun of me for carrying a .38 when I'm doing stuff outside around the house in our neighborhood Just reaffirmed my way of thinking there. I mainly do it because I have had a couple of run-in with stray dogs in the past, no drug-crazed neighbors have come by yet though.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:18:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
GT,

Hope your family is okay.

Do you know who the Mesa officer is that was involved or what district it happend in? I have many friends at Dobson and Falcon district. I worked with a bunch of guys from Falcon, including Tac Air guys.

This sucks all the way around.

Best wishes to your family and friends.

Would have been Falcon (greenfield and brown). No release of the officer's name yet, but the media is making a big deal about it. PM inbound
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:22:54 PM EDT
[#19]
bag one bad guy, hope his mom recovers well
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:23:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Good, fucking POS deserved it.

Glad to hear your loved ones are ok and safe.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Any idea where he got the gun to shoot the neighbor with ? My family members make fun of me for carrying a .38 when I'm doing stuff outside around the house in our neighborhood Just reaffirmed my way of thinking there. I mainly do it because I have had a couple of run-in with stray dogs in the past, no drug-crazed neighbors have come by yet though.

the original post

He stole the guns from his dad.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Dude, that sucks.  I hope your mom and your neighbor's family are alright, emotionally.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Dude, that sucks.  I hope your mom and your neighbor's family are alright, emotionally.

I imagine that the whole family is going through hell right now. And my folks are pretty shaken up too. This is thier neighbor kid. He went batshit crazy enough to beat his own mother with a rock and threaten her at knifepoint, and then kill someone that tried to help.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:45:01 PM EDT
[#24]
My family had a recent event aswell.  My mom (alone) walked in on a burglary in progress at our house.  Thankfully no one was hurt except the badguy via the K9.  Popo's got his ass.  Turned out he was a felon and illegal alien.  

My point is be thankfull your mom was not hurt or killed.  Its a sham the neighbor was killed aswell.....but atleast the BG was able to meet his maker.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#25]
sounds like typical drug addict behavior: steal or rob for drug money
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

And my wife thinks I'm crazed for having a least one of my pistols on me during the day when I'm working in the yard.

Mr. Sig is your friend.

wganz

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Jeez.

My part of town, not far from my neighborhood. Good thing this POS is dead now.

Need anything?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:58:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Thats all pretty rough, you must be thinking of what else could have happened.

I'm very glad to hear your parents are unharmed.

NH.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:44:44 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Jeez.

My part of town, not far from my neighborhood. Good thing this POS is dead now.

Need anything?

No, but thanks for the offer.

I keep running the whole sequence through my head. Had my air conditioner not been crapped up, we would not have gone down to my parent's house. Had we not gone to my parent's house, my mom would not have stayed up too late drinking wine with my wife and called out from work.
Had she not called out from work, Junkie Boy might have stolen yet more guns, gotten more drugs, and been picked up by the police prior to running out of money and then not beaten his mom up and killed her neighbor.

Random series of events can change things a whole bunch...
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:48:55 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

... What kind of rot would drive Brian to attack his mother ...

... Rent the movie Requiem for a Dream
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:50:47 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I keep running the whole sequence through my head. Had my air conditioner not been crapped up, we would not have gone down to my parent's house. Had we not gone to my parent's house, my mom would not have stayed up too late drinking wine with my wife and called out from work.
Had she not called out from work, (she might have been dead asleep) Junkie Boy might have stolen yet more guns, gotten more drugs, and been picked up by the police prior to running out of money and then not beaten his mom up and killed her neighbor. Thank God that for whatever reason, he was scared that night.

First off, I'm glad you and yours are OK.

Don't play the game of trying to figure out what you could have changed or what if this or that.  He was a guy that was not in a normal state of mind, and allegedly (probably) doped up.  Nothing will change that, and he made his choices.

BTW:  I found the LINK to the story.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:01:00 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Had she not called out from work, (she might have been dead asleep) Junkie Boy might have stolen yet more guns, gotten more drugs, and been picked up by the police prior to running out of money and then not beaten his mom up and killed her neighbor. Thank God that for whatever reason, he was scared that night.

First off, I'm glad you and yours are OK.

Don't play the game of trying to figure out what you could have changed or what if this or that.  He was a guy that was not in a normal state of mind, and allegedly (probably) doped up.  Nothing will change that, and he made his choices.

BTW:  I found the LINK to the story.

Yup, that's the link. And the original break in happened at about 0830. Not a midnight break in, but a daylight one.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:05:23 AM EDT
[#33]
hang the meth dealers....................
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:22:36 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Good, fucking POS deserved it.

Glad to hear your loved ones are ok and safe.

+1
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:26:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Damned shame about the neighbor & the mom.

1 more dead drug addict = +1 for society
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:28:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:32:57 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Do us all a favor, lose the dog references from your arfcom vocabulary.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:33:53 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
hang the meth dealers....................

Oddly enough, I still don't think that drugs should be illegal.
And here is why.

Brian apparently had a huge ammount of dental work needed. I think that he was injured in Somalia.
He got strung out on pain meds by his dentist while he was working for the Border Patrol. He lost his job and went to jail because he was buying meds in Mexico and bringing them back for his own use. He quite likely was fully functional (though horribly addicted to opiates), but the conviction cost him his job and put a felony tag on his record. Pretty tough to get a decent job with a conviction on the books. He ended up with some girl who dragged him back into the drug world, and he became flaky (probably trying to hide his use from my dad) so dad canned him. Now he is strung out again, in violation of his parole, and jobless. Money to feed that monkey has to come from somewhere, so he started stealing. Who knows how much shit he stole, but we know that he stole his dad's guns for sure.

He ended up at my mom's house, hoping to steal more shit, to feed that fucking monkey on his back, and wasn't desperate enough to do any harm yet (thank God), so he went off wherever junkies go to regroup. His monkey gets the better of him, and he tries to rob his OWN mother. He needs money, can't get a job, and now the police are looking for him. He ends up dead, his family is traumatized, an innocent is shot, my parents are forced to change their outlook and willingness to trust people, and some poor cop has now gotta deal with the fact that he killed someone.

Here on Arfkom, we talk about shooting baddies like it would be fun. I am not so sure. I will be quite happy if I make it all the way through my life and am never forced to end someone else's life to save my own. I don't think I would hesitate, but I do know that it would quite likely haunt me.

Had he been able to work and still support his habit, (hell--if all drugs were legal, he would still be a Border Patrol Agent) he quite likely would have never done the things he did. I am fairly certain that he got spun out on meth, and that is bad bad shit, but it is also possible he was strung out on opiates once again.

He made his own choices. He didn't look for help when he realized the docs strung him out, and he tried to smuggle (illegal) pain meds back from Mexico when his docs cut him off. Being a junkie justifies NONE of his actions. I am in no way saying that he is absolved of anything. But had he been able to legally use his choice of poison, the whole train of events would have been derailed from the get go.

I hate what drugs do to people. But I hate that people who get caught up in them get forced further and further from help by the illegality of their actions. If an alcoholic could go to jail for being drunk after work, they would only try harder to hide their drinking. But it's legal, so they CAN get help. Their drinking is more visible.

I dunno, the whole thing is fucked up.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:34:23 AM EDT
[#39]
But we should legalize drugs. They don't really effect anyone in a bad way. Right?

Glad your Mom is OK. Metheads are some serious psychos.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:00:02 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Here on Arfkom, we talk about shooting baddies like it would be fun. I am not so sure. I will be quite happy if I make it all the way through my life and am never forced to end someone else's life to save my own. I don't think I would hesitate, but I do know that it would quite likely haunt me.

The people making those statements never have had to use a firearm in combat, or are just nuts.  You're outlook on their use seems dead on to me.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:00:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Bummer that the mothers neighbor got killed in the mess. But atleast your parents don't have to wory about the scum bag brian any more.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:04:53 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Bummer that the mothers neighbor got killed in the mess. But atleast your parents don't have to wory about the scum bag brian any more.

And I don't have to loan my folks my big scary dog.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:06:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Glad your Mom is OK and buy that dog a steak as a treat.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
On Monday, my mom heard her dogs go apeshit, and decided to ignore it. The sound changed and she got up thinking it was my wife and me stopping back by. It turned out to be the neighbor's son, reaching in through the dog door. She asked him what he wanted, and long story short, he and his friend bailed when she reached for the phone.

What's his "friend" doing these days? Is he still any theat?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:02:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Yet another notch in the belt for the Mormon Death Squad.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:04:13 AM EDT
[#46]

bookertbab
Time to move. That scum bag will be back.

Posted :: 8/9/2005 10:29:13 AM

Well, I guess someone called this one right.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:12:49 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When my mom picked up the phone, he and his buddy ran. No known address. Mom was shocked to see someone she had had over for dinner many times trying to break into the house.

She thought it was my wife and me coming back (our air conditioning was out), and didn't even think of taking the gun to see what the noise was. I have informed her that my feelings won't be hurt a bit if she answers the door with a gun in her hand when we come over.

Be very careful with that because you dont dont want your mother shooting you or your wife on accident.. Or perhaps I have seen too many movies

But, sorry to hear about this.  Your mother must be quite shaken up over this. Just tell her to be careful with the gun.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:18:03 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
sounds like typical drug addict behavior: steal or rob for drug money

Wheres the board libertarians to claim none of this would have happened if drugs were legal?

Gravity, Im glad YOUR mom came through this unscathed.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#49]
GT,

First, I'm glad your family is OK.  Your mom will recover from the emotional impact of being that close to the end for a drug addict.  Being there will help.  This whole event is a sad thing.

Now, be a good son and do a few things:

1)  Spend an extra hour with your mom just being there

2)  Since you are there why not evaluate her home for security and upgrade all possible entry points.  Not hard to do just walk around and try to break in yourself.  If you can figure it out they can.

If she doesn't have good security think about hiring someone to harden the house.  The dogs are GREAT but multiple layers are better.  And of course this is ARFCOM and all of us here believe the last line of defense involves gunpowder and lead.

And if anyone takes exception to your belief in legalizing all drugs - count me in your corner.  The war on drugs is causing more casualties than it is saving IMO.  This guy is a typical example.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Wheres the board libertarians to claim none of this would have happened if drugs were legal?

Well that would be pretty stupid but after spending hundreds of billions of dollars on the "war on drugs" in this country we have not done anything to stem the smuggling or illegal use of drugs in this country . In fact by making it so profitable at every layer of the drug trade we have made the situation far worse.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top