Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 7:28:02 PM EDT
United has lost ALL of my luggage. I am stuck in a hotel in Souix Falls, SD with no clothes except what I'm wearing. What a PITA.

While I was at the airport, they claimed they were at my last connecting airport (O'Hare)
Now 5 hours later......they can't find them.

The worst part is one of my bags was my golf clubs. (appox $2000.00). Plus I came up 2 days early just to play golf.

How often do they never find lost luggage?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:35:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#2]
That's why you being a backpack with a change of clothes and 2 pairs of socks and undies... God, such a traveling newbie!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#3]
My girlfriend went to Scotland and British Airways lost her luggage.  They never found it.  They cut her a check big enough to cover all her stuff and just about half the flight!  She was actually happy about it in the end.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:41:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

How often do they never find lost luggage?

I don't know, but I just found a nice set of golf clubs in a crater out in a corn field today.

Hope you get your stuff (except the clubs of course, I'm gonna use those as hammers)

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#6]
AFAIK, if the delay is more than a certain amount, you can buy new clothes and the airline will reimburse you.  Obviously not a new huge wardrobe, but clothes for a day.

If you don't have the bag by tomorrow AM, you might want to check into that with United and get a ruling from them.  I'm PRETTY sure about this, but not 100% certain.  (Obviously, it's not something airlines want to advertise, so ask).
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:42:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That's why you being a backpack with a change of clothes and 2 pairs of socks and undies... God, such a traveling newbie!

I have never had a bag lost or delayed before.....I have learned a valuable lesson.
I usually don't want to take alot carry-on, my laptop and meds and not much more.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That's why you should never leave Texas.

I'm learning that the hard way.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I don't know, but I just found a nice set of golf clubs in a crater out in a corn field today.

Hope you get your stuff (except the clubs of course, I'm gonna use those as hammers)

WIZZO

lol....don't use my new G2's as hammers.....please.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:50:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
AFAIK, if the delay is more than a certain amount, you can buy new clothes and the airline will reimburse you.  Obviously not a new huge wardrobe, but clothes for a day.

If you don't have the bag by tomorrow AM, you might want to check into that with United and get a ruling from them.  I'm PRETTY sure about this, but not 100% certain.  (Obviously, it's not something airlines want to advertise, so ask).

Thanks, I will check that out tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have never had a bag lost or delayed before.....I have learned a valuable lesson.
I usually don't want to take alot carry-on, my laptop and meds and not much more.

When I was coming home from Afghanistan one of my connections out of BWI got canceled.  I walked up to the gate and said "I'm coming home from a place where we right our blood types on our boots and the only things that scares my right now is calling my wife and telling her I won't be home tonight."  the lady said "first of all, welcome home and thank you for your service.  I can get out out on another carrier but you'll have to go back through TSA.  the plane leaves in 30 minutes so your bags won't make it."  I told her "thank you for your help and I didn't give a shit about my bags right now as I ran way from the counter."  My bags showed up at my front door the next morning...  It was actually nice not having to wait at baggage claim and haul all that shit home.  Delta did it for me!

~Dg84
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:54:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
That's why you should never leave Texas.

I like the way you think!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top