Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2005 6:32:57 PM EDT
Expired Inspection and an Expired Registration . Yes, my dog is fine. She didn't like the Police Officer getting that close to me but I got her to shutup with a peice of fried fish from Long John silvers....

My phone starts ringing and continues ringing the whole time he's there, he asks me "Are you going to answer that?" I kept silent , since a shut mouth can give no incriminating words

Good doggy...nice doggy...

AHEM! THE TWO TICKETS HAD NOTHING, I REPEAT NOTHING TO DO WITH FAILURE TO MAINTAIN VEHICLE INSURANCE!

Ben

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought Texas was a free state.

Guess not

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:36:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Guess not

Sgat1r5

I didn't get my Muffler and engine checked for "illegal mods" !

I was freaking out the whole time because I didn't have my license with me and it wasn't coming up on the computer as he called it in...I thought I was going to go see bubba in the jail tonight .

Doggy is fine, albeit traumatized at being so close to death !

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:42:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, Doggy might be fine right now, but that Long John Silver's will give him/her tha shits....

That said, I love me some LJS or Captain D's!!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Gotta love Crowley's finest, where did they get you? Better watch out next year though, the chief put in a request to get Tasers with the next budget.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Guess not

Sgat1r5

Just not free to drive with expired tags and inspection
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Expired Inspection and an Expired Registration . Yes, my dog is fine. She didn't like the Police Officer getting that close to me but I got her to shutup with a peice of fried fish from Long John silvers....

My phone starts ringing and continues ringing the whole time he's there, he asks me "Are you going to answer that?" I kept silent , since a shut mouth can give no incriminating words

Ben

Crowley?  You live there?  Move to Mansfield, our Chief signs Form 1's and 4's......
I haven't seen a Mansfield cop in weeks, even when I've needed one....

Move 5 miles east.....
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:50:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Gotta love Crowley's finest, where did they get you? Better watch out next year though, the chief put in a request to get Tasers with the next budget.

Going towards Crowley on 1187. I didn't see him at all until it was too late, like a moth he was attracted to my one headlight....

Doggy is sleeping very well

Ben
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like you have "multiple" issues...

"Don't do the crime, it you can't do the time"  - Baretta   ... hahahah
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:54:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guess not

Sgat1r5

What's the inspection for, to see if you've got a rifle rack and beer holder(s)?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:59:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Crowley?  You dang hick!  

City slicker

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Sounds like you have "multiple" issues...

"Don't do the crime, it you can't do the time"  - Baretta   ... hahahah

Issues? I ain't got no stinkin issues....
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:02:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guess not

Sgat1r5

What's the inspection for, to see if you've got a rifle rack and beer holder(s)?

No, make sure my pintle mount and Minigun are compliant with all local and state regs
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Inspections?  INSPECTIONS? We doan got no steenkin inspections in California.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:00:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I got pulled over for doing 51 in a 35 through karnes city a few months ago.  6 months expired safety inspection sticker too.

All I got was a verbal warning on both counts.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:02:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Oklahoma did away with inspections a couple of years ago, good thing too, since I hadn't had my truck inspected in about 8 years, good also since it wouldn't have passed one for about 5 yrs of that time, glad your dog could be bought off with a piece of fish, mine woulda kept barking and probably got us both shot.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#18]
And Texas inspections are a ridiculous thing anyway.  I have a 1987 Porsche that has
a peculiar gas cap on it.   One of the things they test in Texas during inspection is
the containment ability of the gas cap.  Since none of the test equipment will fit
my funky gas cap you'd think they would just give me a pass right?  Nope.
I had to get a letter from the Texas DOT stating that my gas cap would not fit the test
gear and I had to provide a latter from a Porsche dealer stating the cap was in good condition.

THAT is stupid.......
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Ben

But did you get a ticket??

I got pulled over with (And I am NOT lying)

1. Expired Tags
2. Insurance Lapsed
3. Forgot my Drivers License at home

NO TICKETS... Just a warning.... A FUCKING WARNING!!!! the way I look at it... I am OWED tickets now.. The cop was real cool. He said to me "I dont give adamn about expired tags, But what I DO give a damn about is you driving without insurance. You go home NOW and get insurance NOW! and find your license!" Then here comes the kicker... He asks me "By the way, where did you get that 'Law Enforcement for BUSH' sticker?"  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Any advice on how to get these two taken care of?

Ben
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Ben

Pay them.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:23:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Cant you just get insurance and registered and they will drop the tickets?

I've heard that how it is done.

Currently my insurance has lapsed too, I need to renew it because my registration is coming up next month.

Personally I figure I'm just going to wait till its time to renew my registration to get insured.

IMO liability insurance is a scam.

Its just another state mandated tax that you pay to a private corporation instead of the government. Fucking insurance lobbyists.

BTW I'm just curious are there any states that dont mandate car insurance? I've read in Texas we didnt start requiring it till '91.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:02:19 AM EDT
[#23]
You SHOULD be able to get your vehicle registered and inspected and have the court dismiss these citations, with minimal court costs only.

There is also a provision in the Transportation Code (IIRC) that allows military folks returning to the state an extra 30 days to get their vehicles re-registered and inspected. A copy of your orders should work down at the court for those purposes. Emissions standards kick in on 1 September in several more counties near Austin and the metroplex , adding another $16 or so and an emmissions check (which a lot of vehicles might not pass), so I would hurry up and get things inspected if I were you. Most garages do inspections, and you can get your registration done at the County Tax Assessor's Office or any of their annexes. If you aren't expired or your plates aren't older than 5 years, you can usually get your registration done at many area grocery stores.

Given that there is usually a color code change on registration stickers in Texas, driving with last year's sticker is like leaning out your window yelling "pull me over" to the Police in Texas.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:31:20 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Currently my insurance has lapsed too, I need to renew it because my registration is coming up next month.

Personally I figure I'm just going to wait till its time to renew my registration to get insured.

Its just another state mandated tax that you pay to a private corporation instead of the government. Fucking insurance lobbyists.

BTW I'm just curious are there any states that dont mandate car insurance? I've read in Texas we didnt start requiring it till '91.

It's not an insurance related proble, it's inspection and registration. Not sure how much the inspection is going to be since my car is a diesel and has no AC...umm...

I will contact the court tommorow and ask the clerk about these things. I hope I can get them taken care of, hate to have a huge fine for something so small .

Thanks a bunch for the advice guys!

ben

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:34:02 AM EDT
[#25]
You should have told them you were an illegal immigrant. They would have let you go.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:03:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Update!

I went and got my inspection taken care of today. 12.50$ total cost, compared to the 37.50 it cost me when I drove a gasoline vehicle ! (Old school Corolla).

I went to the courthouse to get my registration taken care of, but my name isn't on the title so I can't renew the registration, I'll deal with that another day.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:26:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me tell you this, you hit my car without insurance and I'll be very upset.  

Also, if you're in Irving and get pulled over without insurance, you'll walk home (after they shoot your dog).  I think we're going to see more of that as "no insurance" becomes more of a social outrage like DUI and nipple rings.

R.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:31:22 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Crowley?  You dang hick!  

I thought Crowley was in LA, near Iota and Jennings?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:33:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Crowley?  You dang hick!  

I think it's a suburb of Rendon, TX.

R.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:54:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also, if you're in Irving and get pulled over without insurance, you'll walk home (after they shoot your dog).  I think we're going to see more of that as "no insurance" becomes more of a social outrage like DUI and nipple rings.

R.

Easy killer, the qouted poster made a mistake, my two tickets were NOT about insurance, but about expired registration and inspection tags.

Never been in an accident....My insurance company knows about

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:55:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Crowley?  You dang hick!  

I think it's a suburb of Rendon, TX.

R.

Nope, it's near Joshua and Burleson. Sphinx airport is between me and Rendon.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just got my car registered here a few months ago. IIRC, there is an option where you don't need insurance if you have a bond of I think $20k or $50k or something like that with someone. Of course, if you have a loan or lease on the vehicle, they'll probably require you to have insurance on it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
And Texas inspections are a ridiculous thing anyway.  I have a 1987 Porsche that has
a peculiar gas cap on it.   One of the things they test in Texas during inspection is
the containment ability of the gas cap.  Since none of the test equipment will fit
my funky gas cap you'd think they would just give me a pass right?  Nope.
I had to get a letter from the Texas DOT stating that my gas cap would not fit the test
gear and I had to provide a latter from a Porsche dealer stating the cap was in good condition.

THAT is stupid.......

I thought Texas was one of dem thar free states!

They should have inspection in IL, I've seen cars with half of the front end ripped off...
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I'd very upset if my car got hit insurance or not.  

Govenrment mandated insurance is intereference in the free market.

If you are afriad of your car being damaged then by all means get insured, but why should I be forced to get insurance when the money I would save could be used to get a newer better car.

Insurance laws have not been around all that long, in Texas its only been around since '91. OMG how did we ever get by in the past with out such nanny state laws.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

R.

Easy killer, the qouted poster made a mistake, my two tickets were NOT about insurance, but about expired registration and inspection tags.

Sorry Fade, didn't mean to include your quote on that one.  It must have been Allstate induced rage.

R.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Crowley?  You dang hick!  

City slicker

You called.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:38:33 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
You should have told them you were an illegal immigrant. They would have let you go.

+1 It costs too much to repatriate criminals back to their own country. They might get abused by their own governments.

I've seen five guys pulled over in an Aerostar with expired plates, no insurance, speeding, not one could habla, or had ID. They didn't even get a warning. Fun thing to watch with your kids from the front porch.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:49:06 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Govenrment mandated insurance is intereference in the free market.

If you are afriad of your car being damaged then by all means get insured, but why should I be forced to get insurance when the money I would save could be used to get a newer better car.

Insurance laws have not been around all that long, in Texas its only been around since '91. OMG how did we ever get by in the past with out such nanny state laws.

I appreciate the arguement here.  I was thinking of something similar on the way to work this morning.  Why does the government care if I wear my seatbelt?  It's really none of anyone's business because I should be responsible for my actions (on a side note, I would wear my seatbelt anyway) and this is no place for the government to be sticking it's nose.  This issue about insurance is different because of the third party aspect.

Back to the seatbelt.  If I get in an accident with or without a seatbelt, the effect on another driver (if one is involved) will be minimal.  You don't get hit any worse if I'm wearing a seatbelt or not wearing one.  However, if I have an accident and hit your car, and I'm at fault and don't have insurance or assets to cover the losses, then the other guy who is essentially innocent is harmed.  

So here was your question "but why should I be forced to get insurance when the money I would save could be used to get a newer better car."   Here's your answer, because most people with cars don't have the assets to cover the potential loss they may cause with a car.  Therefore, it's a public policy decision of your elected officials to mandate liability insurance coverage; and because no one cares if you could use all that money to get a better car .    

R.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Crowley?  You dang hick!  

City slicker

You called.

Umm, Yankee?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Ben

James Mallory, attorney, TCU area, very good...

JFP, fellow Crowley resident
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

R.

Sorry Fade, didn't mean to include your quote on that one.  It must have been Allstate induced rage.

R.

You have Allstate, it's perfectly understandable
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ben

James Mallory, attorney, TCU area, very good...

JFP, fellow Crowley resident

Okay, here's the lowdown.

ONE of the infractions is a "fix-it", IE if I get the offending infraction fixed and I send proof of fixing it to the the court, it "may be" dropped. The other I am not sure about, I'll have to dig up the info from the ticket.

ben
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Crowley?  You dang hick!  

City slicker

You called.

Umm, Yankee?

Guilty as charged.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top