Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 6:26:23 PM EDT
Seems as if it is coming in  in smaller and smaller shipments. It is finite and I have to wonder if between the UN and stocks drying up that in a few years it will be gone. I really don't see some of the stocks being built up as in the past unless there is some serious stuff that happens around the world.  Been stocking up as of late but I wish I would have started several years before I did.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#1]
This is the stuff they find in the armories, God knows what they have in bunkers and burried caches.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#2]
No. It just seems to cost more because lately the American dollar isnt worth what it used to be overseas.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Seems as if it is coming in  in smaller and smaller shipments. It is finite and I have to wonder if between the UN and stocks drying up that in a few years it will be gone. I really don't see some of the stocks being built up as in the past unless there is some serious stuff that happens around the world.  Been stocking up as of late but I wish I would have started several years before I did.

It'll never dry up. The russians are always in a crunch for money, Kvar will always "uncover a forgotten case" of RPK-74 barrels, and some smart little guy in africa will figure out he can make money by making good ammo for us at cheap prices.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm buying as much as I can.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:36:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No. It just seems to cost more because lately the American dollar isnt worth what it used to be overseas.

I cannot really see who else will buy surplus but the US, Not to many Countries where you can own much less shoot the whee out of ammo anymore. I'm not really talking about the still in use ammo, more like the 30.06 and even the .308 is waning tho still strong. 5.56 is about gone, save for some RG stuff from the late 80s and early 90s. I really do not see true surplus lasting all that much longer. Hopefully new GOOD ammo will supplant it but I doubt it will be as good as in the past.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I cannot really see who else will buy surplus but the US, Not to many Countries where you can own much less shoot the whee out of ammo anymore. I'm not really talking about the still in use ammo, more like the 30.06 and even the .308 is waning tho still strong. 5.56 is about gone, save for some RG stuff from the late 80s and early 90s. I really do not see true surplus lasting all that much longer. Hopefully new GOOD ammo will supplant it but I doubt it will be as good as in the past.

I hear the russians might be importing large quantities of surplus 5.45 7n7 ammo. I'm waiting you red commies, bring it on!

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:42:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You and me both.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay, so we're not finding warehouses of WWII -06 anymore.

Pistol ammo can be had as cheaply @ Walmart as buying 'surplus' by the case.

PMP/Denel, PMC and Wolf/TCW/etc. are making cheap decent ammo for commercial sale.  Is there any reason NOT to believe they're still using their old tooling?

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You and me both.

as soon as i can get some extra money im right there with ya
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#10]
As your attorney I advise you to buy as much 7.62x39 as you can.

AB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top