Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 5:59:30 PM EDT

A handout picture released Monday Aug. 1, 2005 shows Duncan Rooke, 32, left and Stephen Buss, 30, as they haul in a record-breaking catfish in the River Ebro, near Barcelona in Spain on July 6, 2005. The 7ft 7in, (2.3 meters) 212lb (96kgms) female fish is the biggest freshwater catch ever made by a British angler and nearly pulled 32-year-old gas engineer Rooke back into the river once he had hold of her. After weighing the fish and burping her to get rid of the air in her stomach she was released. Photo taken on July 6. (AP Photos/HO/PA)

A van sits in the front window of 'Say Dez School of Safe Driving' after an accident in Hamilton, Ontario, Friday, Aug. 12, 2005. The elderly couple driving the van was shaken up after the accident. (AP PHOTO/CP, Hamilton Spectator-Sheryl Nadler)

The New York Liberty's Becky Hammon, in front, guards the Connecticut Sun's 7-foot-two-inch center Margo Dydek, of Poland, during the second half of their WNBA game at Madison Square Garden in New York Tuesday, Aug. 2, 2005. (AP Photo/Gregory Bull)

An orangutan plays on water skis at an event marking 100 days to the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation meeting in Pusan, southeast of Seoul, August 10, 2005. The APEC meeting will be held in Pusan in November.

U.S. Marines lead the donkeys that they use to transport supplies to drink water from a river in Kandagal village, Kunar province, eastern Afghanistan, Thursday, Aug. 11, 2005. Hundreds of American Marines and Afghan special forces Sat. Aug. 13, 2005 trekked from the base in Kandagal far into remote Afghan mountains to retake a valley controlled by militants suspected of ambushing a team of U.S. commandos and shooting down a special forces helicopter. (AP Photo/Tomas Munita)

One-day-old baby Tomas listens to music as a part of an experimental program that uses musical therapy to stimulate communication, adaptation and ease the stress after birth at the first private hospital in eastern Slovakia. (AFP/Joe Klamar)

This photo provided by Jeep shows 140 vehicles positioned by Jeep owners in the form of an American flag Thursday, Aug. 11, 2005, in Mount Pocono, Pa., to promote the National Anthem Project, a national effort to re-teach Americans the words to 'The Star-Spangled Banner.' Two out of three Americans do not know the words to the National Anthem, according to a Harris Poll survey. The flag, measuring 73 feet wide by 191 feet long, was created to celebrate the first year of this multi-year national education initiative of which Jeep is a national sponsor. (AP Photo/Jeep, Stuart Ramson)

A German youth sticks his head in the mouth of a dinosaur figure in Kleinwelka 05 August 2005. AFP PHOTO DDP/NORBERT MILLAUER (AFP/DDP/Norbert Millauer)
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#1]
My favorite recurring thread recurs once again!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:22:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Remember that thread with the guy with the trout up his ass? Yeah... the catfish...
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#3]

That's one big girl.  The little one looks like a midget next to her.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#4]

One-day-old baby Tomas listens to music as a part of an experimental program that uses musical therapy to stimulate communication, adaptation and ease the stress after birth at the first private hospital in eastern Slovakia. (AFP/Joe Klamar)

Ease stress? Give me a friggin break!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#5]

"hi I'm Duece Biggest girl I've ever seen!"
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20050812/capt.ham10108121715.safe_drive_accident__ham101.jpg

A van sits in the front window of 'Say Dez School of Safe Driving' after an accident in Hamilton, Ontario, Friday, Aug. 12, 2005. The elderly couple driving the van was shaken up after the accident. (AP PHOTO/CP, Hamilton Spectator-Sheryl Nadler)

The only thing funnier would have been if the door sign read "OPEN."  

Thanks Johnny!!!

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20050803/capt.nygb10408030156.sun_liberty_nygb104.jpg

That's one big girl.  The little one looks like a midget next to her.

DAYUUUUUUUM!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#9]
IBTPSA
in before the photoshop accusation   on the catfish pic.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:14:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

A German youth sticks his head in the mouth of a dinosaur figure in Kleinwelka 05 August 2005. AFP PHOTO DDP/NORBERT MILLAUER (AFP/DDP/Norbert Millauer)

I've actually been to this place!

Saurierpark Kleinwelka

My wife, our then two-year-old son and I visited relatives outside of Dresden, in the former E. Germany in 1994.

Lots of fun, a great place to take the kids, even back then. It has expanded considerably. Amazingly enough, I learned the place was started in somebody's backyard back during the Iron Curtain era, using scrap metal and leftover concrete to make the dinosaur models. The guy who did it was not educated, but rather a self-taught guy who learned everything in his spare time about fossils and dinosaurs. Somehow the guy kept it all together and made the transition from the Communist world to the capitalist one, and the place is making money nowadays.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

An orangutan plays on water skis at an event marking 100 days to the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation meeting in Pusan, southeast of Seoul, August 10, 2005. The APEC meeting will be held in Pusan in November.

w00t!

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:32:58 AM EDT
[#12]
AM bump.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top