Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2001 2:03:33 AM EDT
Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg are coming together to produce a new WWII mini series on HBO called Band of Brothers.  Starts September 9th.

Here's a link at HBO's web site for the series - [url]www.hbo.com/band/[/url]

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[B][BLUE]NRA Life Member[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.nra.org[/URL]
[B][BLUE]GOA Life Member[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.gunowners.org[/URL]
[B][BLUE]SAF Member[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.saf.org[/URL]
[B][BLUE]SAS Supporter[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.sas-aim.org[/URL]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 5:25:26 AM EDT
[#1]
The book was excellent...I hope the series can do justice to the real heroes the book was written about.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 5:29:25 AM EDT
[#2]
When will it air?
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:09:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Premieres
Sunday, September 9
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:20:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I loved the book.  The best part was that I got to meet and talk to a guy from the original, 101st, D(dog)company.  He told almost the same stories that were in the book, but from a slightly different perspective/location.  It was fascinating to listen to him.  He was wounded twice during the Normandy drop, and in Bastone.  He was one of the few to make all the drops during the European campaign.  I got him to sign my book for me.
guns762
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like it's going to be a 10 part series with each part being done by a different director.  In a interview with Tom Hanks, they mentioned it's costing over 100 million dollars to make.  Quite an undertaking for a TV mini series.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[B][BLUE]NRA Life Member[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.nra.org[/URL]
[B][BLUE]GOA Life Member[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.gunowners.org[/URL]
[B][BLUE]SAF Member[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.saf.org[/URL]
[B][BLUE]SAS Supporter[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.sas-aim.org[/URL]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Great book, if you haven't read it...I suggest you get a copy.  Stephen Ambrose's books are excellent: well written and  researched with alot of first person anecdotes.  Everything I've seen about BOB looks like it will be a quality series.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 8:52:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Finally something worthwhile to watch until they get some new episodes of the Sopranos.

HBO really does put out some good stuff. I know they did that Ellen Degenerate "If These Walls Could Talk" crap but at least they don't do garbage like Showtimes "Queer As Folk."

And HBO does do some kickass movies, such as Stalin with Robert DuVall.

I hope "Band of Brothers' is awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top