BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 2:15:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#2]
They're a good & portable email machine, and a pretty good phone.  A de facto tool for the deaf or hearing impaired to stay in touch with everybody else.  Price is reasonable.  PM me if you need detail.

-hanko
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know about their data services, but I just got rid of their cell service today and couldn't be happier.  Man, it was cheap, but I would easily drop half of my calls.  The worst coverage ever.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Get the sidekick II, the firstone wasn't built very well, and had a 100% replacement rate....
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't know about their data services, but I just got rid of their cell service today and couldn't be happier.  Man, it was cheap, but I would easily drop half of my calls.  The worst coverage ever.

the problem is mostly with T-mobile, not the phone.  T-mobile's coverage area compared to, lets say verizon, is seriously lacking.

the phone is awesome, a friend had one and liked it, just didnt like paying the extra fee to use it.

i always hated calling him cuz there was static here and there.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:15:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Sidekick II and love it.  I am the Linux Admin for a large company in Utah.  The companies I work for are fairly well locked down as far as access to outside email whether by web interface or POP/IMAP access.  Although my position makes it possible to skirt such blocks my Sidekick makes it unnecessary.  The email client works fine allowing you to POP or IMAP up to three additional accounts.  The web browser is adequate.  It has an AOL instant messenger client which works with ICQ as well and you can download an SSH client which is great for connecting to your Linux machines remotely.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:11:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:49:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am wondering just how good the web browsing is.  I mean, is it good enough to check out ARFCOM??

If all you want to do is vew postings the "Lite Version" of AR15.com works perfectly well.  I am unable to log in to the site nor post comments using my Sidekick II though.  

Basically simple pages come out fine.  No Java or Flash will work though.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top