Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 1:05:36 PM EDT
So remind me how factually incorrect this move is?

Or is right on the mark?

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:07:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Poll should allow multiple answers
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:08:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Partial or incomplete facts twisted with outright non-truths for the purpose of entertainment.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Partial or incomplete facts twisted with outright non-truths for the purpose of entertainment.

So then what is the truth?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:14:42 PM EDT
[#4]
HARTMAN: Anybody know who Lee Harvey Oswald was? Private Snowball?

SNOWBALL: Sir, he shot Kennedy, sir!

HARTMAN: That's right, and do you know how far away he was?

SNOWBALL: Sir, it was pretty far! From that book suppository building, sir!

HARTMAN: All right, knock it off! Two hundred and fifty feet! He was two hundred and fifty feet away and shooting at a moving target. Oswald got off three rounds with an old Italian bolt action rifle in only six seconds and scored two hits, including a head shot! Do any of you people know where these individuals learned to shoot? Private Joker?

JOKER: Sir, in the Marines, sir!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:18:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So remind me how factually incorrect this move is

You cant think for yourself?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:19:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll take "What was the Johnson Administration?" for $500 Alex.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:29:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So remind me how factually incorrect this move is

You cant think for yourself?

Yes I can, thank you.  Personally I think that the  Johnson People shot him to keep us in the war.  I also think that Jesse Jackson had Martin Luther King shot.

I was born in the late sixty's.  I don't know what "really" happened...
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:21:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep its for sure the Vice Pres had him shot....  Sad day in American history
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oswald did it and Oliver Stone is a paranoid lying sack of shit.

It is no particular accomplishment to get one solid hit on a melon sized target moving at walking speed at ranges of 50-80 yards with a scoped rifle.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

oops, wrong movie
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

After watching the movie and doing research on the net.  I have decided that the Vice Pres(LBJ) had him killed.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:31:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

After watching the movie and doing research on the net.  I have decided that the Vice Pres(LBJ) had him killed.  

You decided huh? The problem is that LHO did it. Modern ballistics testing pretty much shows it played out exactly like the Warren Commission said it did. Imagine that.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You decided huh? The problem is that LHO did it. Modern ballistics testing pretty much shows it played out exactly like the Warren Commission said it did. Imagine that.

YEP!

I haven't found the site that proves the warren commission report,  Do you have a link?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

YEP!

I haven't found the site that proves the warren commission report,  Do you have a link?

No link. In 2003 there were two very well produced TV specials one by the History Channel or Discovery, and the other by ABC. They included ballistics testing, it showed how a 6.5mm bullet deforms as it travels through flesh, remarkably like the so-called "magic" bullet, which was deformed BTW. It also showed the correct seating arrangement in the Presidential car. What you see on JFK is factually incorrect. It also showed why the head appears goes back and to the left when hit. It showed how the recored audio from the motorcycle cop did not reveal 5 shots; he would have had to be in a certain position in order to account for echoes and the like. The cop was in the incorrect position.
Basically, the two specials used scientific methods to show the major points of contention were wrong and the Commission was right.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:08:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Scott McClelland's father published a book claiming the same.  Scott is the current White House Press Secretary.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Never saw the movie but I could tell you the ending!

It wasn't the mafia that did it because his family was the mafia.
And what's with the way the kennedy's off their women. Is it too much to break up with them?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

YEP!

No link. In 2003 there were two very well produced TV specials one by the History Channel or Discovery, and the other by ABC. They included ballistics testing, it showed how a 6.5mm bullet deforms as it travels through flesh, remarkably like the so-called "magic" bullet, which was deformed BTW. It also showed the correct seating arrangement in the Presidential car. What you see on JFK is factually incorrect. It also showed why the head appears goes back and to the left when hit. It showed how the recored audio from the motorcycle cop did not reveal 5 shots; he would have had to be in a certain position in order to account for echoes and the like. The cop was in the incorrect position.
Basically, the two specials used scientific methods to show the major points of contention were wrong and the Commission was right.

Yep.

And several 3-d computer recreations have definitely shown the shots could have only come from 2 windows in the School Book building. The other places conspiracy theorist claim shots could have come from were blocked line of sight (grassy knoll ect.) or occupied.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#19]
JFK-lifetime NRA member
LHO-ACLU member
I think that says it all.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:21:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
And several 3-d computer recreations have definitely shown the shots could have only come from 2 windows in the School Book building. The other places conspiracy theorist claim shots could have come from were blocked line of sight (grassy knoll ect.) or occupied.

I had forgotten about that. That was the final nail in the coffin for me. IIRC they said something like a sewer grate that some theorists said was a sniper hide wasn't there in '63, and even if it was the only thing you could see on the President's car was the bumper. You couldn't see, much less shoot at his head.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:21:22 PM EDT
[#21]
You didn't include:

E - All of the above

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:43:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Dude, the movie is so full of shit it's not even funny. And the interweb is packed with conspiracy dumbassery too.

Have a look here: mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

And as mentioned above, the specials that were on TV, combined, were very thorough. Watch them when you can.

Quoted:
I had forgotten about that. That was the final nail in the coffin for me. IIRC they said something like a sewer grate that some theorists said was a sniper hide wasn't there in '63, and even if it was the only thing you could see on the President's car was the bumper. You couldn't see, much less shoot at his head.

The sewer opening in the curb was there back then. However, it's so small a man can't even stand fully or sit down in it. And, yes, you also could not make the shot from it because you wouldn't be able to see JFK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top