Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 12:20:10 PM EDT
the house on fire.......... Instead of me typing out what happened, I'll cut and paste the wifes blog.\

July 21

Where there's smoke...

As I was driving home from work yesterday, I called Shelly (relative & baby sitter) to let her know I was on my way home and to see if Drew had gotten there yet (he was still at work).  I heard Brenden say something to her in the background and then Shelly started asking "what is that smell?". She walked down the hall and then told me that the boy's room was filled with smoke and it looked like it was coming from a lamp.  She told me she was going to call Mr. Ben (boyfriend of shelly & fellow fire fighter) who was on duty at the fire station and for me to call back and hung up!   I, of course, started imagining what could be going on, with my main thought being that it was an electrical fire and the kids were in the house!  She called me back and said she figured out that there was a sock on the lamp that was causing all the smoke and that Ben was on his way to the house.  They arrived with Engine 10 and the Rescue 75 with lights and sirens blaring.  They ended up taking the lamp outside with the smoldering sock and had to use their large fan to suck the smoke out of the house.  Brenden was really upset and got a lecture from Capt. Hill   Hayden, being the sweet little brother he is, kept yelling at him "you almost caught our house on fire you dummy!".  

Later Hayden gave me the Broadway musical rendition of what happened:

Brenden went into our room...  He got on the top bunk... He was playing with my acceleracers... Then he put a sock on the lamp... Then it started to smoke...  And that's all.

Brenden was upset all evening and kept saying he didn't want to talk about it.  We had dinner at the fire station and when we got home, Hayden put on his play gas mask and all three kids put on their fire helmets and searched the house for fire.    When it was bedtime, both boys refused to sleep in their room.  Hayden kept saying it smelled and he couldn't breathe in there and Brenden kept insisting that there was going to be another fire in the room.  They both ended up sleeping on the futon and Brenden had me lay down with him until he was asleep.

We weren't angry with Brenden because we know it wasn't intentional.  Kids just do dumb things sometimes and he had no idea it would start a fire.  I just hope he has learned his lesson now!

Talk about embarissing............. Being a fire fighter and having guys responed from your own station to your house for a structure fire. It was paged out as such, and I was at my other job in another town..........
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:20:48 PM EDT
[#1]
The wife's blog?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The wife's blog?

Sgat1r5

yes sir
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#3]
wife's blog?

sounds kinky
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The wife's blog?

Sgat1r5

yes sir

You divorced?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The wife's blog?

Sgat1r5

yes sir

You divorced?

Sgat1r5

nope....... why? You aren't hitting on me are you?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top