Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 10:12:22 AM EDT
Gentlemen.  I am in desparate need of an image and can not find it online anywhere.  My google fu is not that weak, but I am at a loss.  I need an image of the 1st socom insignia.  Not a picture of the patches, but an actual image as if you were doing a color printout.  

This is what I need, but in this type format

Thanks for your help
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:33:53 AM EDT
[#1]

This do ??  

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#2]
That is what I am trying to avoid.....I need a smoothe edge drawing basically.  It is to be used for a tat....

Something like this style
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#4]
You might want to try this (see the lower right corner):

The  web page to order  is here.  You don't have to buy the whole CD.  They say they will send you a single image via email for a nominal fee.

If that doesn't work, you could try buying a 3" or 5" decal from this place.  They claim to have artwork for all Army units, just ask if you don't see what you want.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:39:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Here you go:

ETA - You can purchase it here if you want.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:39:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You might want to try this (see the lower right corner):

www.oldmp.com/art/armysof.jpg

The  web page to order  is here.  You don't have to buy the whole CD.  They say they will send you a single image via email for a nominal fee.

If that doesn't work, you could try buying a 3" or 5" decal from this place.  They claim to have artwork for all Army units, just ask if you don't see what you want.

Thanks big time....I have been looking everywhere.  

It is not the best image (no detail on the horse) but will actually work perfectly for what I need.  I have been looking everywhere for this.  I got it from the stickers link on page 4.  This has been a major help.  Thanks again.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:41:36 AM EDT
[#7]
You're welcome.  In case you missed it, I posted one more larger image at the same time you were posting.  See above.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That is what I am trying to avoid.....I need a smoothe edge drawing basically.  It is to be used for a tat....

Something like this style
www.airbornepress.com/82dpatch4.jpg

Oh well..... Sorry.  Wasn't exactly sure what you meant by 'this format'.  I thought you meant you wanted it on a white background, with the drop shadow...

Least somebody got you squared away  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:46:08 AM EDT
[#9]
The one you posted works even better.  Gives a little space and definition between the patch and the tab.  I had long been wanting a tat and the love of my life finally convinced me to get off my ass and do it so I got one about 6 months back.  I realized that I actually like it so will be getting some more.  Going to put the socom patch on my left arm and then the POW/MIA flag on my forearm.  From there, who knows.  It only took a little over 20 years for me to finally do it and now I am hooked.  I guess I started out the right way with a really nice one.  If you remember the thread about tats, I put a pic of it in that thread.  I know some people don't like them, but it does let ones self expression come out.    

Now I will have to get a good ARFCOM logo to get tatted on........
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:23:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The one you posted works even better.  Gives a little space and definition between the patch and the tab.

The lettering is different too.  I don't know which is more accurate, but I assume you do.  If you like the smaller one better because of the lettering or the smoother lines along the bottom of the patch, I'm sure the tattoo artist could use the small one as the model and add space between the patch and the tab for you.  Maybe you should take both and ask the artist which makes a better pattern.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:34:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Actually, the spaced one has the more accurate lettering.  Neither have the detail on the horse (yes, they actually detail the horse in the patch by changing thread direction) but she can get that off the patch and the small pin I have.  I just wanted good clean outline of the elements for her to work with.  Now I just have to get the money up.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top