Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2005 8:18:29 AM EDT
ok i'll admit i have been out of the loop for a few weeks with t.v. and radio, so i'm missing something on this ABLE DANGER group.

i was trying to watch the news last night (C.N.N. just cause i flipped thru the channels and it was on)

they had a little runner at the bottom of the screen that said they (ABLE DANGER) were and Elite Anti-terrorist unit.

did i read that right or did i miss part of the scroll?

someone please explain to me since right now i feel like a moron cause i have not seen t.v. or listened to the radio in close to a month and have only caught snippets of this.

thanks
mike
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:24:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:29:31 AM EDT
[#2]
ABLE DANGER was a military intelligence unit put together by the Joint Chiefs of Staff in 1999 to investigate Al-Queda. They found 5 AQ  cells, one on which was in Brooklyn, and being run by Mohammed Atta. Clinton lawyers prevented the info gleaned from their investigations to be turned over to the FBI. They said that Mohammed Atta had a green card, and couldnt be apprehended. Later we get 9/11
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:31:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Lets keep it over here www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=379140
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top