Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/13/2005 8:12:21 AM EDT
The 9/11 commission is really squirming now. I really hope that this thing blows wide open. The Clinton lawyers who prevented ABLE DANGER (and the FBI) from connecting the dots and getting Mohammed Atta and others into custody before 9/11, need to be brought up on treason charges.
Congressman Curt Weldon (R-PA) needs to be listened to.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:15:35 AM EDT
[#1]
there are no excuses for what this scum did.  unfortunately I fear that this will become another sandy berger case(who might have been covering this up).
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:17:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
there are no excuses for what this scum did.  unfortunately I fear that this will become another sandy berger case(who might have been covering this up).

I really want to know exactly what was on the documents the Sandy Burglar stole. (accidentally)
You just know that it was directly involved with this.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#3]
[DU]Sandy Berger did nothing wrong. HE just forgot that he sutffed classified documents into every available place to remove them for.......research.. ya that's it....

Karl Rove is the one who needs to be investigated.....[/DU]

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:33:49 AM EDT
[#4]
For m_zwerlein, when he gets over here:

ABLE DANGER was a military intelligence unit put together by the Joint Chiefs of Staff in 1999 to investigate Al-Queda. They found 5 AQ cells, one on which was in Brooklyn, and being run by Mohammed Atta. Clinton lawyers prevented the info gleaned from their investigations to be turned over to the FBI. They said that Mohammed Atta had a green card, and couldnt be apprehended. Later we get 9/11

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:34:20 AM EDT
[#5]
The chief lawyer responsible for Atta walking is now a direct-report to Condi Rice.  I wonder if the lawyer will get the boot or a slap on the wrist ... and why did they keep this little matter out of the 9/11 report?  Could it be because this same lawyer sat on the 9/11 commission?  Hillary Clinton pushed to get this lawyer a job in the DoD, by the way, so SHE is indirectly responsible for the 9/11 terrorists getting away with what they did.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:35:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:35:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The chief lawyer responsible for Atta walking is now a direct-report to Condi Rice.  I wonder if the lawyer will get the boot or a slap on the wrist ... and why did they keep this little matter out of the 9/11 report?  Could it be because this same lawyer sat on the 9/11 commission?

That lawyer needs to be prosecuted
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:35:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I really want to know exactly what was on the documents the Sandy Burglar stole. (accidentally)
You just know that it was directly involved with this.

I suspect we will never know.

The BS that Berger was taking documents the Commission already had was not very believable to begin with it is laughable now, just a cover story. The whole Berger document stealing incident now makes sense when we actually know what he was really after.

You can bet your ass whatever he was really after has been destroyed.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:37:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Google Jamie Gorelick.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:38:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Google Jamie Gorelick.

Needs to be prosecuted for treason
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Google Jamie Gorelick.

It is quite clear she used her position on the 9/11 commission to cover up  this little matter, perhaps with the help of Sandy Berger, who stole some papers from the National Archives.  She is a good friend of Hillary, and that crew is known to do some strange things with docuemnts ... "I don't know how those Rose Law Firm papers you've been asking for for years ended up on the table at the White House..."
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:48:57 AM EDT
[#12]

What you care about:

What the media cares about:

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:27:06 AM EDT
[#13]
thanks painter...........................clears it up for me.

now the more i read about this the madder i get.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:38:19 AM EDT
[#14]
I wonder if they are going to ask about Clinton "What did he know and when did he know it?"

If not, then they will be showing their hypocritical asses again......
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:38:21 AM EDT
[#15]
nothing will happen

they're all dirty
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:42:54 AM EDT
[#16]
All those fucks inside the beltway should be locked up over 9/11!!!

They ALL fucking KNEW what was going on. They were told.

By the FBI !!!

My neighbor was Ken William's partner .

( The Agent who wrote the memo about possible terrorists learning to fly).
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#17]
The 9/11 commission is a joke and is costing the demoncrats seats in congress. Didn't they already outlive their supposed "purpose"? Shouldn't they have been disbadned?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:48:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Tag for after work.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:23:54 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Google Jamie Gorelick.

It is quite clear she used her position on the 9/11 commission to cover up  this little matter, perhaps with the help of Sandy Berger, who stole some papers from the National Archives.  She is a good friend of Hillary, and that crew is known to do some strange things with docuemnts ... "I don't know how those Rose Law Firm papers you've been asking for for years ended up on the table at the White House..."

Amen.

Quoted:
thanks painter...........................clears it up for me.
now the more i read about this the madder i get.

You and me both.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:28:28 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The 9/11 commission is a joke and is costing the demoncrats seats in congress. Didn't they already outlive their supposed "purpose"? Shouldn't they have been disbadned?

Remember when they released their conclusions, which basically laid blame at GWB's feet, how the leftist media just piled on? What about the lady that was on every single morning with Katie Koran (couric) whose husband died on 9/11. How she just blamed everyone but clinton. I knew she was an idiot then, but now she should be embarassed. And the fucking liberal media needs to wake the fuck up
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:32:29 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

What you care about:

www.mattfoto.com/blog/images/war.jpg

Let's not forget Natalee Halloway is still missing in Aruba.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What you care about:

Poor Natalee.

Are there any other pretty white women we can be distracted with concerned about?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What you care about:

Poor Natalee.

Are there any other pretty white women we can be distracted with concerned about?

Distracted is right.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:54:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I wonder if they are going to ask about Clinton "What did he know and when did he know it?"

If not, then they will be showing their hypocritical asses again......

Any claim of journalistic integrity the leftist liberal medial had evaporated
after they tried to ignore the rathergate debacle and the Swift Boat Vets
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#25]
9/11 attacks were planned out and ready to go way before Bush was in office. I would like to see what was going on in 1996-2000 when the attack were being planned with clinton in office.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:00:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
9/11 attacks were planned out and ready to go way before Bush was in office. I would like to see what was going on in 1996-2000 when the attack were being planned with clinton in office.

Clinton was busy with his impeachment over lying about Monica.

Clinton and his administration should be getting ready for hard time in a federal prison.

Of course, they will get a total pass.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#27]
I think we should drop this. First of all, Clinton didn't fly one of the planes, lay the blame where it belongs. Second, the media will say,"see Bush DID know about it ahead of time"
The left will absolve Clinton because he was a short timer at that point.

Alot of mistakes were made, pointing fingers and shouting treason won't fix them.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:14:28 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I think we should drop this. First of all, Clinton didn't fly one of the planes, lay the blame where it belongs. Second, the media will say,"see Bush DID know about it ahead of time"

Alot of mistakes were made, pointing fingers and shouting treason won't fix them.

You are typing, but all I am reading is blah blah blah blah blah
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:22:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Yeah, but when concrete steps like the Patriot Act are taken, the sort of people who put the domestic/foreign firewall in place start howling again for the same reasons: too much government power is always a bad thing, no matter what the defense condition at the moment.

Maybe that would have flown in the 1990s.  Maybe.  But the aggravating thing is seeing the Left and the libertardian right saying the same things when we're at war and after an attack worse than Pearl Harbor, and hearing them make equivilences between Bush's attempts to facilitate the defense of our country and the takeover of the Weimar Republic by the Nazis.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are typing, but all I am reading is blah blah blah blah blah

OK , sorry, get back to what you were doing.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:28:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Yeah, you too

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:31:07 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Please allow me to bust your bubble.  The reason the clinton-picked lawyer decide to not pursue the Mohammed Atta matter was the fear of political fallout.  The Clintons put political considerations over national security.  The lawyer was a personal friend of Hillary, she got her job because Hillary pushed for it, and she consulted with them on this decision.  Denial is not a river in Egypt, son.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:33:53 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What you care about:

If the self promoting, career windbag politicians on the 9/11 Commission could have been replaced by Natalee Holloway's mother, it might have actually achieved some results. At least she's determined to get to the truth behind what happened to her daughter, whereas those blowhards were more concerned with camera time and giving the appearance they were doing the people's business. Each and every one of them wanted nothing more than to appear like "statesmen" who could work with the opposite party. Once the dust had settled, they achived diddly squat. Assclowns.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Can someone please explain this to me in a little more detail? Give me some links maybe?

I kinda understand this story but I've been busy lately and dont have a good handle on it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Can someone please explain this to me in a little more detail? Give me some links maybe?

I kinda understand this story but I've been busy lately and dont have a good handle on it.

Readers Digest version:

We could have stopped 9/11 but it would not have been Politically Correct.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Able Danger's mission was to locate Al Qaeda operating in this country.  They located four cells, including the cell whose leader was Mohammed Atta, one year before 9/11.   They asked the higher ups for permission to notify the FBI, who could arrest them.  A lawyer at the Pentagon, a person who got their job because Hillary Clinton nominated her, decided that there would be significant "political fallout" because Atta and his friends were here legally.  In other words, after this lawyer talked with her friends Bill and Hillary, they were concerned about lost votes if they acted on the information Able Danger provided them.  They put political considerations ahead of national security.  Last year, a prominent member of the 9/11 Commission ended up being the same lawyer who blocked the apprehension of Atta, and for some reason, this little matter never made it into the 9/11 Commission Report.  Coincidentally, another friend of BIll and Hillary, Sandy Berger, stole some secret documents from the National Archives -- it is believed they may be documents pertaining to the Able Danger findings, but we will never know.  It is a cover up of a cover up, which had the lawyer not blocked the investigation, 9/11 might never had occurred, and the Clintons are directly responsible.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

10 steps to  building a legacy:

1. Clinton runs for president
2. Loral space gives $$$ for campaign
3. Loral space wants to sell missile guidance systems to Chinese
4. Clinton admin. moves authority to authorize such sales from state dept. to commerce dept.
5. Sale of technology goes through
6. Investigation of various Clinton scandals (including campaign finance)
7. Gorelick (running the Justice department for Reno) realizes potential fallout and prevents FBI from talking to CIA so the truth about Loral, missile technology, and Chinese doesn't come to light.
8. Able Danger tracks Atta, but can't tell the FBI
9. Atta walks free
10. 9/11 happens after Clinton leaves office, so GWB can be blamed

Edited to add: I guess I better change my screen name so they can't find me.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:37:52 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

10 steps to  building a legacy:

1. Clinton runs for president
2. Loral space gives $$$ for campaign
3. Loral space wants to sell missile guidance systems to Chinese
4. Clinton admin. moves authority to authorize such sales from state dept. to commerce dept.
5. Sale of technology goes through
6. Investigation of various Clinton scandals (including campaign finance)
7. Gorelick (running the Justice department for Reno) realizes potential fallout and prevents FBI from talking to CIA so the truth about Loral, missile technology, and Chinese doesn't come to light.
8. Able Danger tracks Atta, but can't tell the FBI
9. Atta walks free
10. 9/11 happens after Clinton leaves office, so GWB can be blamed

Edited to add: I guess I better change my screen name so they can't find me.

Gorelick is also the lawyer who blocked Able Danger from providing the FBI the information regarding Atta.  Blood is on her hands.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#39]
I've been staring at this post for at least ten minutes. I'm dumbfounded as to the gravity of this and the total lack of news headlines and outrage. I knew there had to be more to the Sandy Berger story.
This goes beyond "left leaning" media. It borders on treason and no one is reporting it.
I honestly dont know what to say.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Able Danger's mission was to locate Al Qaeda operating in this country.  They located four cells, including the cell whose leader was Mohammed Atta, one year before 9/11.   They asked the higher ups for permission to notify the FBI, who could arrest them.  A lawyer at the Pentagon, a person who got their job because Hillary Clinton nominated her, decided that there would be significant "political fallout" because Atta and his friends were here legally.  In other words, after this lawyer talked with her friends Bill and Hillary, they were concerned about lost votes if they acted on the information Able Danger provided them.  They put political considerations ahead of national security.  Last year, a prominent member of the 9/11 Commission ended up being the same lawyer who blocked the apprehension of Atta, and for some reason, this little matter never made it into the 9/11 Commission Report.  Coincidentally, another friend of BIll and Hillary, Sandy Berger, stole some secret documents from the National Archives -- it is believed they may be documents pertaining to the Able Danger findings, but we will never know.  It is a cover up of a cover up, which had the lawyer not blocked the investigation, 9/11 might never had occurred, and the Clintons are directly responsible.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I've been staring at this post for at least ten minutes. I'm dumbfounded as to the gravity of this and the total lack of news headlines and outrage. I knew there had to be more to the Sandy Berger story.
This goes beyond "left leaning" media. It borders on treason and no one is reporting it.
I honestly dont know what to say.

Quoted:

Quoted:

I cannot recall the senator's name, but the senator brought this whole matter to light in June.  It was not covered by the mainstream media at all, and someone happenned to read it in the congressional record, and only a very few in media have discussed it.  I heard the recording of the Senator basically asking "WTF happenned here?", but as you said, the left-wing media is ignoring this matter.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Able Danger came out of SOCOM at MacDill right?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

No but that lying fuck clinton can still be tried fro treason and appropriately sentenced.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm also curious about the connection between the oklahoma city bombing and the 9/11 attacks and how OKC may relate to Able Danger, as well. The Clintons hands are covered in American blood and they should hang for it (literally), IMO.

What's even more sickening is that, even now---despite all of this recent news about Able Danger and all that it entails---there are still millions and millions of Americans who even today----even right now---would still vote for hillery for President in spite of the fact that the clinton administration, when all is said and done,  will probably go down in history as THE most corrupt presidential administration to ever take office in this great country. The longer I live the more convinced I become that liberals are terminally stupid and that liberalism itself is little more than a mental disorder.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Able Danger is the code name of a secret team of U.S. Army military intelligence operatives created in 1999 under a directive signed by General Henry H. Shelton, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, to assemble information about al Qaeda networks around the world. In mid-2000, the Able Danger team discovered the existence of the key 9/11 terror cell of Mohammed Atta, Marwan al-Shehhi, Khalid al-Mihdhar and Nawar al-Hamzi inside the U.S. and recommended to their military superiors that the FBI be called in to “take out that cell,” according to Representative Curt Weldon, the Pennsylvania House member and vice chairman of the House Armed Services Committee. That information was presented in the summer of 2000 in the form of a chart complete with photographs of the terrorists to the Pentagon's Special Operations Command headquarters in Tampa, Florida. Our intelligence was dead-on accurate, but was not acted upon a full year before the 9/11 attacks

In fact, Representative Weldon said Able Danger members had recommended that the information they uncovered be shared with the FBI, but the idea was rejected and they “were directed to take those 3M yellow stickers and place them over the faces of Atta and the other terrorists and pretend they didn’t exist.”

Despite the findings of Able Danger, absolutely no action was pursued to take out the cell during the weeks leading up to the 2000 presidential election, said Weldon. The reason? Mohammed Atta possessed a “green card” at the time. Under the rules of the Clinton Justice Department, lawyers working for Special Operations decided that anyone holding a green card had to be granted essentially the same legal protections as any U.S. citizen. They did not want to recommend that the FBI go after someone holding a green card, Weldon told his House colleagues on June 27, 2005 during a speech, known as a “special order,” which he delivered on the House floor. Defense Department lawyers were also said to be reluctant to suggest a bold action by FBI agents after the bureau’s disastrous 1993 strike against the Branch Davidian religious cult in Waco, Texas

http://powerballplace.blogspot.com/2005/08/able-danger.html
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#46]
The apropos portion of the Congressional Record:

www.fas.org/irp/congress/2005_cr/s062705.html

See also the following from the 9/11 Commission Testimony Record ----------

Ashcroft's Testimony before the 9/11 commission

According to Weldon, staff members of the 9/11 Commission were briefed on the findings of the Able Danger intelligence unit within the Special Operations Command and about the specific recommendation to break up the Mohammed Atta cell, yet those members reportedly decided not to brief the commission’s members on those matters. Why not?

Clearer now is the conflict of interest of having Jamie Gorelick, the Assistant Attorney General under Bill Clinton serving on the 9/11 Commission. Ms. Gorelick worked directly for Janet Reno and was directly involved in matters that were under review by the 9/11 Commission.

Remember the reason the findings of Able Danger were not acted upon? In his testimony before the 9/11 Commission, Attorney General John Ashcroft stated the following:

"In 1995, the Justice Department embraced flawed legal reasoning, imposing a series of restrictions on the FBI that went beyond what the law required," he said. "The 1995 Guidelines and the procedures developed around them imposed draconian barriers to communications between the law enforcement and intelligence communities. The wall left intelligence agents afraid to talk with criminal prosecutors or agents. In 1995, the Justice Department designed a system destined to fail."

Continuing his testimony, Ashcroft stated:

"Somebody built this wall.” Ashcroft added: "The basic architecture for the wall . . . was contained in a classified memorandum entitled 'Instructions on Separation of Certain Foreign Counterintelligence and Criminal Investigations. Full disclosure compels me to inform you that its author is a member of this Commission."

Ashcroft was referring to Jamie Gorelick, who served as Deputy Attorney General in the Clinton Administration as well as general counsel at the Department of Defense. Both jobs put her at the very center of the former administration's anti-terrorism efforts. Consequently, her actions, as well as those of her superiors, were the subject of review by the very commission on which she is a member. Most assuredly, that is a huge conflict of interest. In her position at the Justice Department, Gorelick wrote a memo that provides a picture of the role she played setting policy for intelligence gathering and sharing during the Clinton Administration. The memo stemmed from the Justice Department's prosecution of the 1993 terrorist attack on the World Trade Center.

Gorelick wrote in 1995:

“During the course of those investigations, significant counterintelligence information has been developed related to the activities and plans of agents of foreign powers operating in this country and overseas, including previously unknown connections between separate terrorist groups." We believe that it is prudent to establish a set of instructions that will clearly separate the counterintelligence investigation from the more limited, but continued, criminal investigations. These procedures, which go beyond what is legally required, will prevent any risk of creating an unwarranted appearance that FISA (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act) is being used to avoid procedural safeguards which would apply in a criminal investigation."

And therein is the framework for the legal conundrum faced by Able Danger, and why Atta and his minions were free to hijack 4 airliners on 9/11.

http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/abledanger.asp
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
nothing will happen

they're all dirty

EXACTAMUNDO!

Anyone who believes there is true justice is wearing some very big rose colored glasses.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Good God.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:16:49 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Able Danger is the code name of a secret team of U.S. Army military intelligence operatives created in 1999 under a directive signed by General Henry H. Shelton, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, to assemble information about al Qaeda networks around the world. In mid-2000, the Able Danger team discovered the existence of the key 9/11 terror cell of Mohammed Atta, Marwan al-Shehhi, Khalid al-Mihdhar and Nawar al-Hamzi inside the U.S. and recommended to their military superiors that the FBI be called in to “take out that cell,” according to Representative Curt Weldon, the Pennsylvania House member and vice chairman of the House Armed Services Committee. That information was presented in the summer of 2000 in the form of a chart complete with photographs of the terrorists to the Pentagon's Special Operations Command headquarters in Tampa, Florida. Our intelligence was dead-on accurate, but was not acted upon a full year before the 9/11 attacks

In fact, Representative Weldon said Able Danger members had recommended that the information they uncovered be shared with the FBI, but the idea was rejected and they “were directed to take those 3M yellow stickers and place them over the faces of Atta and the other terrorists and pretend they didn’t exist.”

Despite the findings of Able Danger, absolutely no action was pursued to take out the cell during the weeks leading up to the 2000 presidential election, said Weldon. The reason? Mohammed Atta possessed a “green card” at the time. Under the rules of the Clinton Justice Department, lawyers working for Special Operations decided that anyone holding a green card had to be granted essentially the same legal protections as any U.S. citizen. They did not want to recommend that the FBI go after someone holding a green card, Weldon told his House colleagues on June 27, 2005 during a speech, known as a “special order,” which he delivered on the House floor. Defense Department lawyers were also said to be reluctant to suggest a bold action by FBI agents after the bureau’s disastrous 1993 strike against the Branch Davidian religious cult in Waco, Texas

MacDill is in Tampa.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:24:37 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MacDill is in Tampa.

This is true.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top