Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2005 8:05:58 AM EDT
Out of curiosity, when is enough enough? Over the past few years I have compiled a collection of AR15-30 round magazines. In my possession roughly 30 altogether. This of course is excluding my range mags, about 4 - 30 rounders and 4 -20 rounders. For a total of 900 rounds of firepower. Exceeding the US military basic combat load by 690 rounds.  Every so often, I will purchase a few if the price is right.  I then toss them into the safe where they idly collect dust next to the 2000 rounds of Federal American Eagle 62 grain  I have stored in anticipation of an all out assault on my homeland.  

Personaly , I favor the phrase, "it's better to have them and not need them, than to need them and not have them". But when is enough enough.  Will the time ever come when my collection will be put to use and I will claim a heroic battle  or will I just go broke in this anticipation and never use what I have purchased.

SOmeone , give me a clue
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:09:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you have enough, but LOTS of people have you beat.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#2]
You can NEVER have enough mags and ammo.

[Sarah Connor] "There's a storm coming"[/Sarah Connor]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:11:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Preach it bro. sarge.
I have about 1300 mags for various weapons I own. It's a sickness ya know.

A small sample of mine. Those totes are full.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:19:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Preach it bro. sarge.

usera.imagecave.com/heyheybooboo/Dansroom.JPG

U have not water or MRE's , Better trade some of your mags for the essentials. LOL
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:20:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Preach it bro. sarge.

U have not water or MRE's , Better trade some of your mags for the essentials. LOL

Sure I do, I just don't store it in my gun closet
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:26:55 AM EDT
[#6]
They're not going to get any cheaper as there is no AWB to sunset in most states.  As far as how many are enough, it would in part depend on how many rifles you have (no, I don't want to know).  Thirty magazines per AR is a good amount, but others would argue that it is not enough.  You make a good argument with the the 900 rnds.

Just curious why you chose Federal American Eagle 62 grain over Fed XM193 or Win Q3131?  Has it shot better/more reliably in your rifle?  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:27:01 AM EDT
[#7]
As with any other psychological disorder, it's only serious if it disrupts your everyday life.  If you choose to buy one more magazine instead of a case of ramen and you're starving, you have a problem.  If you can afford all the necessities in life and want to spend your money on more magazines, knock yourself out.  At some point, you'll come to the same realization that many of have - we've got all these magazines, but need more ammo to fill them and more rifles to use them in.  Only then will you be enlightened.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:31:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They're not going to get any cheaper as there is no AWB to sunset in most states.  As far as how many are enough, it would in part depend on how many rifles you have (no, I don't want to know).  Thirty magazines per AR is a good amount, but others would argue that it is not enough.  You make a good argument with the the 900 rnds.

Just curious why you chose Federal American Eagle 62 grain over Fed XM193 or Win Q3131?  Has it shot better/more reliably in your rifle?  

Personally , I chose American Eagle 62grain because I think it outperforms XM193 and Win Q3131.  Again, this is my opinion and it will vary from person to person. Also, it is super fresh ammo. Over the years I have heard mixed reviews on the quality of xm193 going to civilians. The actual Mil Spec Issued is considered grade 1. What we gt is grade 2.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:37:54 AM EDT
[#9]
dont forget the good ol knife...
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#10]
PISS BROKE IT ISSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Preach it bro. sarge.

Maybe u should sell a rifle or refrain from buying the next one and get a nice safe to give them there peacmakers  a good home.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:43:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Preach it bro. sarge.

Maybe u should sell a rifle or refrain from buying the next one and get a nice safe to give them there peacmakers  a good home.

Way ahead of you, I have 3 safes.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>

Personally , I chose American Eagle 62grain because I think it outperforms XM193 and Win Q3131.  Again, this is my opinion and it will vary from person to person. Also, it is super fresh ammo. Over the years I have heard mixed reviews on the quality of xm193 going to civilians. The actual Mil Spec Issued is considered grade 1. What we gt is grade 2.

I've had solid experience with Fed XM193 or Win Q3131, but as you point out it is a personal decision.  

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:09:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Preach it bro. sarge.

Way ahead of you, I have 3 safes.

I was messing with you.  But three SAFES is NICE to house those liberators.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top