Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2005 3:51:52 AM EDT

Bogus Oompa Loompa admits lying  
A 4ft-tall Nevada man has admitted he lied about playing an Oompa Loompa in the original 1971 Willy Wonka film.
Actor and hairdresser Ezzy Dame said he first made the false claim 20 years ago when his agent advised him to "pad" his resume with the bogus acting credit.

But his lie was exposed last month when Rusty Goffe, who did play one of Gene Wilder's helpers in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, refuted his claims.

Dame told the Reno Gazette-Journal the deception "was not for fame or glory".

"I never made a profit or earned a financial gain from this," he said.

"I never meant to harm anyone. It was a little white lie that became my haunted nightmare."

'Truthful'

Dame's deception came to light when the same newspaper asked him to comment on Tim Burton's new version of Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

The article came to Goffe's attention, who contacted the newspaper's reporters by email.

There were 10 Oompa Loompas in the original 1971 film

"There were only 10 original Oompa Loompas," said Goffe, who describes himself as "the United Kingdom's No. 1 Dwarf".

Of the ten only four are still alive, he said - adding that Dame was not one of them.

"I guess Ezzy is a nice guy, but we have to be loyal and truthful to the fans."

Dame would present screenings of Mel Stuart's 1971 film in his home town and host question and answer sessions.

"When you say you played that part [children] look at you and smile," he said, defending his actions.

"They see you as a human being."

In Burton's film, computer trickery is used to enable one actor - 4ft 4in Deep Roy - to play all of Wonka's helpers.

Guy lies for twenty years, lives as a fraud and they sucked his little dick on the Today Show.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top