Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2005 10:01:21 PM EDT
I just saw a "Gun Crime" Commercial. A bunch of inmates playing basketball, then one guy sees his son playing basketball alone. He's supposed to be missing his dipshit father, so he's got to play baskeball alone. Then it says in a truly heart touching voice, "When you commit a gun crime, your family serves a sentence too" DING DING DING, SOUND THE FUCKING ALARM!

You go to jail for ANY crime, your family suffers too! So, it took you the whole trial and part of your sentence to realize you wont be with your family in jail?

Anyone else seen this bullshit?

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:05:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just saw a "Gun Crime" Commercial. A bunch of inmates playing basketball, then one guy sees his son playing basketball alone. He's supposed to be missing his dipshit father, so he's got to play baskeball alone. Then it says in a truly heart touching voice, "When you commit a gun crime, your family serves a sentence too" DING DING DING, SOUND THE FUCKING ALARM!

You go to jail for ANY crime, your family suffers too! So, it took you the whole trial and part of your sentence to realize you wont be with your family in jail?

Yeah, I heard a radio commercial like that awhile ago.  I haven't heard or seen one again in a long time.  Course, I was listening to 94.7 in Corpus Christi (everyone who works a that station is pretty liberal), so that probably explains it.

Kinda makes you wonder who pays for these BS ads...
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:05:55 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah they have been running a bunch of them lately
have some little kid missing his older brother too
the mesage ......
if you would have just used a bat on that old lady you would be out on probation
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:16:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:19:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

My exact words when I first saw that commercial.

I was pissed.

I guess if you commit a crime with a knife, your family doesn't suffer

Idiots

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:25:34 PM EDT
[#5]
The way I see it, at least they are trying to get it through their head that their actions have a consiquence.  We have lots of dumb asses in corpus that just don't get it
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:26:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Its been playing alot here too, also seeing alot of bumper stickers that read "Gun Crime=Jail Time"
I guess their message is dont commit crimes with guns and you wont go to jail.  I guess you better use knives, chain saws, swords or whatever as long is it's not a gun
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:36:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Kinda makes you wonder who pays for these BS ads...

I don't wonder at all.  We pay for them, just like we pay for McGruff & Smokey the Bear ads.  

"THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE AND THE AD COUNCIL LAUNCH NEW PSAs FOR PROJECT SAFE NEIGHBORHOOD CAMPAIGN"
www.adcouncil.org/about/news_032105/

"Funded through a grant from the Department of Justice and sponsored by the National Crime Prevention Council, the new PSA campaign will encourage youth to think about the repercussions of gun crimes and will link the consequences of gun violence - death and jail time - to the effects on the families of the youth."

Video & Audio of some of the TV & Radio ads here -
www.adcouncil.org/campaigns/project_safe_neigh/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top