Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 9:54:40 PM EDT
Well I'm actually just going to the viewing at the funeral home.
Penny, girl I went to highschool with, died on Tuesday. 26 years old. Not sure of cause of death but likely related to the fact that she was paralyzed from the neck down due to a car accident*. I wasn't a close friend, but always got along with her in highschool. Too young to be dying.

*Senior year another member of our class drown in Lake Erie, I think in late May, early June, pretty close to the end of the year.
On the way to the funeral home the girl driving the car Penny was riding in ran a stop sign about a quarter mile from the school. Kid in my class plowed into them, totally not his fault, and Penny got thrown out the back window and got a broken neck, was paralyzed ever since.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Stand the f**k by, as my DI used to say. It's going to get a lot worse.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Stand the f**k by, as my DI used to say. It's going to get a lot worse.

I didn't know you're a Jarhead!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:02:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I didn't know you're a Jarhead!

You're the only one who didn't know

An ordinary mortal couldn't stir things up like I do.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:15:12 PM EDT
[#4]
At 13 I had a friend die when him and some of my other friends were playing in a flooded creek. Calm water. But he got close to a 12'' in diameter colvert. He was a pretty hefty boy. He was sucked inside a 12'' colvert. Took 3 hours to get him out of it

Two months ago a friend of mine who has been manically depressed was put on two meds that made it worse. Doctor cancelled his follow up. Shot himself that night He was 20.

2 weeks ago a friend of mine from back in the day died in a really bad car accident. He was 21 years old.

Its getting old. Luckily all my friends who are in Iraq or have been in Iraq are still with us. And I shall be joining them soon.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:34:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I really hate going to funerals, especially when it is a young person there , graveyards creep me out too
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:10:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, the funeral was right after the viewing hours so we stayed for it. Probably about 10 of us that knew her in high school made the drive.
I hate to use this word when talking about funerals, but it was a good funeral. Well as good as one could be.
Afterwards we hit the village our school district is named for, got some food and hit the couple bars there and made some toasts.

too bad there isn't a version of that smilie with a neutral expression
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#7]
It gets worse, I am 36

Lost:

4 or 5 to car accidents
1 to a fire
2 or 3 to suicide
1 to a plane crash
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:42:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I graduated in '99, and so far my class of about 300 has lost:
4 to a DUI accident (they were all drunk and being stupid)
1 suicide (the chick was a heroin user, hung herself)
2 shot to death (1st guy drug related, and the 2nd guy broke into the wrong house and got shot)
2 in Afghanistan Both Marines. (I knew one of them)
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Sharky, sorry for your loss.

Can you find out what she died of?

I have a friend who is paralized from the neck down, and I am just curious as to what happened.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:27:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Sharky, sorry for your loss.

Can you find out what she died of?

I have a friend who is paralized from the neck down, and I am just curious as to what happened.

Thanks

I can try. I overheard her mom talking to someone and she said the doctors didn't know yet (not sure why) but that the peliminary thought was a coronary something, I think she said coronary annurism (spelling?)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top