Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 8:03:58 PM EDT
Went car shopping with my girlfriend today. She's her own worst enemy. It was worse than watching girls play basketball.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Details, please?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Tell them to be quiet and there body language alone gives them away. Take them to look after the dealership is closed.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#3]
lemme give you a hint;  if she's hot and has *any* any brains at all,  and maybe a decent low cut shirt she'll get that car cheaper than you could *ever* get it.

this spring my wife got a flat tire by the Big O and didn't have her wallet with her cause she was coming home from the gym.  She didn't get it fixed,    repaired or changed.  She got a brand new @#$@#$ tire!  Brand new!  

And we didn't have Big O's on the truck,  we had BFG's that came with the truck when we bought it. And we didn't buy it from Big O.

She does crap like this all the time.  Take advantage and work the used car salesman for once.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
lemme give you a hint;  if she's hot and has *any* any brains at all,  and maybe a decent low cut shirt she'll get that car cheaper than you could *ever* get it.

this spring my wife got a flat tire by the Big O and didn't have her wallet with her cause she was coming home from the gym.  She didn't get it fixed,    repaired or changed.  She got a brand new @#$@#$ tire!  Brand new!  

And we didn't have Big O's on the truck,  we had BFG's that came with the truck when we bought it. And we didn't buy it from Big O.

She does crap like this all the time.  Take advantage and work the used car salesman for once.

Well, if you think it'll work, I'll give it a try. I have kind of a slutty outfit I'll wear next time.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, if you think it'll work, I'll give it a try. I have kind of a slutty outfit I'll wear next time.

wait now Im confused
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:48:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

wait now Im confused

so is he

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:49:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

wait now Im confused

so is he

Sgat1r5

Maybe he would rather pimp himself rather than his girl. I dunno.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:51:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GAAAAAKKKK!!!!   MY MIND'S EYE! MY MIND'S EYE!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Went car shopping with my girlfriend today. She's her own worst enemy. It was worse than watching girls play basketball.

While that may or may not be true . I've been in the
automotive biz a long time , and I know quite a
few car salesmen .

The good ones are like old time big game hunters .
They pride themselves on only killing the most
dangerous game . Women and young guys will
usually get a fair deal without much fuss , but
the seasoned male negotiator is a trophy .

In the end , most walk out with a smile on their face
and an overpriced vehicle . With the salesmen in the
office laughing his ass off for unloading one of the
optioned out commission king vehicles that all dealers
keep in stock for just such occasions
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Women and young guys will
usually get a fair deal without much fuss , but
the seasoned male negotiator is a trophy .

Some young guy was working on her. All the usual stuff. "What will it take for you to drive a car home today?" "How much can you afford per month, I want to work with you." "This is the last one in stock, can you leave a deposit so it will still be here tomorrow?" "This deal is only good for today." "Subarus are so good that we don't care how cheap Fords and GM's are."

We were there for a couple hours test-driving stuff, NO other customers in sight. Lots of '05's left on the lot.

There's a factory rebate of $2,000. That still gives the dealer about $2,000, plus a 3% holdback and whatever incentives they've got going at the end of the month and the end of the model year.

EB was ready to write a check, I had to keep telling her to "sleep on it". They use some pretty good psychology to encourage impulse buying. The guy was not happy that I was there.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, I've gone to a dealer and turned by back on my wife for about 60 seconds and when I turn around they are getting her into a car for a test drive... I'm like Wtf are you doing? "Going for a test drive."  You don't like that car. "I know."  We already both decided we hate that car "Yeah I know" So wtf are you doing? "Well, they wanted me to drive it"  Mr salesman, now is the time for you to fuck off sir.....

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Are you kidding me?

I am so much better at closing a car deal then any man I've ever seen. I KNOW how to shop!

"How much do you want to pay" is countered with a blank stare, then I say "1.00"

"How much of a payment can you afford" is met with the same blank stare, and "I can write a check for this thing right now...How much is it?"

"Can you afford the car" is countered with "I can afford anything you have, I'm not really sure if I want it"...

"Want to drive it home today?"  Is just them fishing to see if you are serious...I usually keep them hanging for a while. "Maybe..."

I go prepared to be there for HOURS, and ready to walk out if they jerk me around. The thing I hate most is when you finally iron out the details, and they have to take it to be "approved" by the manager...They get to do this ONE time with me before I say "If you aren't able to make this happen yourself,  I'll only work with the manager."

I saved myself some time, and did most of the work over the phone with my last car.  

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:21:52 PM EDT
[#13]
If you lived a little closer, all three of us could wear slutty outfits and go car shopping
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:26:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If you lived a little closer, all three of us could wear slutty outfits and go car shopping

I don't need slutty outfits, I just bring my credit rating, and a checkbook
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:30:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I don't need slutty outfits, I just bring my credit rating, and a checkbook

Damn.

You can't blame a Rodent for trying, though.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top