Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2005 7:57:57 PM EDT
My house has CPVC piping and I am adding a whole house water filter, when I use the CPVC primer/purple, how long do I wait for it to dry before the CPVC cement/orange goes on? Or do I use the cement immediately? I'm a nub on this, I'm use to copper where I use compression fittings.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:09:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Wipe the inside of the fitting with the primer, wipe the outside of the pipe going into the fitting.

Wipe the inside of the fitting with the glue, wipe the outside of the pipe with the glue. You do not have to wait any length of time between the applying the primer and applying the glue.

Insert, twist a bit and hold for a few seconds. The sections will cement together fast!!!!

If certain fittings have to be in a certain position, say you want to glue a street 45 into a tee or wye and it has to be rotated a certain way, make sure you twist it into position quick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top