Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2005 4:14:18 PM EDT
How the hell do you do that whistle where you stick you fingers in your mouth and blow? A buddy of mine does it and it's loud as hell.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#1]
lol...

but i cant do it so.. ill wait for the answer....
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Helps if your missing teeth I hear.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't learn it that way.  Imagine you fall in a pile of cow poop and you have to wistle.  It's just not worth it.

I taught myself to wistle without the fingers and it's REALLY loud.  Ask anyone.

R.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I can whistle really loud but I dont need fingers in my mouth to do it.  

I taught myself at a very young age.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#5]
how loud is his wistle everyone?  o wait no one knows.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:23:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
how loud is his wistle everyone?  o wait no one knows.

My wife says "115 db."  

R.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:24:23 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife says if I stuck two fingers in my ass and farted I'd have better luck. I think I'm driving her nuts, spittin all over the place trying to whistle.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:25:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My wife says if I stuck two fingers in my ass and farted I'd have better luck. I think I'm driving her nuts, spittin all over the place trying to whistle.

I forgot to mention that.  You've got to do it outside.  BTW, if you're considered the "finger up the ass" thing, I'd do that outside too.

R.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I can do it without any fingers.  It’s hard to explain how to do.  I just practiced for 2 days at work until I got it.  It annoyed the fuck out of everyone there to the point they were throwing shit at me.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:39:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Don't learn it that way.  Imagine you fall in a pile of cow poop and you have to wistle.  It's just not worth it.

I taught myself to wistle without the fingers and it's REALLY loud.  Ask anyone.

R.

I whistle without the fingers too. I roll my lips down over my teeth, making my lips tight. I then put my tongue against my top lip like a reed or like a turkey call if you are familiar and then blow.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#11]

I whistle without the fingers too. I roll my lips down over my teeth, making my lips tight. I then put my tongue against my top lip like a reed or like a turkey call if you are familiar and then blow.

I'll try that as soon as I get the shit outta my fingernails.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
How the hell do you do that whistle where you stick you fingers in your mouth and blow? A buddy of mine does it and it's loud as hell.

Fold the front of your tongue up and back, put fingers on it... blow.

Hard to describe... easier to demonstate.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:49:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I've tried for years and still can't do it.

If I try the wife gets pissed.

Danny
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:56:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fold the front of your tongue up and back, put fingers on it... blow.

Hard to describe... easier to demonstate.

Damn........Now I have to wipe the screen dry.....and still no whistle.....I guess I will just flip the switch and blow my train horn.....  OOPS, forgot I was parked at the truck stop.......Sorry dude, didn't mean to wake you up....
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

R.

Damnit!!!  I just tried that and ended up spitting all over my screen.

I can whistle with the fingers, but I can't for the life of me do it without the fingers.  Been trying for years too.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Screw the link.....

How to whistle loudly using two fingers
I find the easiest two-fingered loud whistle to do is to use my index finger and thumb of my right hand. Here's how to do it:
Loosely touch the tip of your bent index finger to the tip of your thumb.
Rest the bottom of your joined fingers (if you're using your right hand, the thumb is to the right) on your lower teeth with the tips of your loosely joined fingers pushing against the bottom part of your tongue (which pushes back).
Your lips should be pressed down against your fingers. The joined fingers make the "V" into which you blow (you should blow slightly down).
It definitely makes a shrill sound that gets louder as you blow harder. Of course, this method works best if your nails are short.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I’m one of the people who get better whistles when they inhale!

Two fingers never worked for me.

But I can whistle inhaling or blowing out.  It’s just that I’m louder when I inhale.

[start]

Oh, wow!  Cool!

[/]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

hahaha, your killing me!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#20]
I just can't do it, i've passed out three times from all the blowing, and my ass hurts.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:23:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top