Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 4:05:37 PM EDT
I'm rehabbing an old jacuzzi, replumbing and adding some equipment.

Which of these can I glue together, are specialty glues needed?

I'm using 1.5" sched 40 PVC for main and jet plumbing, would like to use a clear checkvalve on teh air blower mount, and CPVC for connecting to the heater.

Googling my ass off for answers, have a difficult time of it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:26:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been busy playing tourist goof-off - nobody has any info on this?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:34:10 PM EDT
[#2]
99% sure normal primer/glue will work on the clear.

Afterall it has to be polyvinyl chloride or it can't be called PVC.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
99% sure normal primer/glue will work on the clear.

Afterall it has to be polyvinyl chloride or it can't be called PVC.

What I used on mine also.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:35:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an American Plastics Co.  catalogue at home that would have that information, but I am in CA and won't be home until Thursday night.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#5]
If you get the "All Purpose" stuff, it costs just a little more, but will work with everything.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:38:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I was thinking about building my own redwood tub sometime in the future and ran into Tub Plumbing Supply Site.  If in doubt, it looks like they have an email link you can use to pose a question. I note they also have flexible PVC.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was thinking about building my own redwood tub sometime in the future and ran into Tub Plumbing Supply Site.  If in doubt, it looks like they have an email link you can use to pose a question. I note they also have flexible PVC.

Somehow I figured a guy named Spudgunner could provide some insight about PVC!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top