Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/12/2005 3:51:05 PM EDT
If the President was a little younger and decided he wanted to be an LEO instead of a politician, do you think he would pass the background check with a DUI and his supposed cocaine use?

Would he pass a form 4473 check for that matter?

For the sake of argument lets say he was just an average joe instead of having the father he has.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#2]
who cares?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If the President was a little younger and decided he wanted to be an LEO instead of a politician, do you think he would pass the background check with a DUI and his supposed cocaine use?

For the sake of argument lets say he was just an average joe instead of having the father he has.

Lets say his name was Bill Clinton and apply the same......

WALKEN '08!!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:55:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, he would pass the check.  However, the DUI might stop him from working for UPS.

-HS
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#5]
You'll get banned here for knocking a Republican President. Even "for arguments sake."

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You'll get banned here for knocking a Republican President. Even "for arguments sake."

Post 102

Makes it less likely to be "for arguments sake."
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#9]
He's not dumb enough to apply for an LEO job but he's pass if he did.

Lon Horiuchi made the FBI and he's a sociopath.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:05:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not trying to troll I just find it ironic someone might be allowed to be President of the United States, but not a "simple" cop.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

"Supposed cocaine use"...... Political bullshit.

Lets turn this around, are you even qualified to shine his shoes? Would you pass a security check?

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:08:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm not trying to troll I just find it ironic someone might be allowed to be President of the United States, but not a "simple" cop.

don't worry Billy Bob Bledsoe wouldn't have passed neither.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:08:45 PM EDT
[#13]
LEOs are held to higher standards than politicians, but it really is a stupid question with an irrelevant answer.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:09:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Really? Who'd that happen to?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:13:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Why all the fucking hostility?  It's a legitimate question and I love the guy.  I also have no doubt that he was a drunk for a long time and probably used cocaine.  To me, overcoming those things makes him a more rounded person and a better President.  

I also doubt he could have passed a background check up until recently.  He admitted himself he had an alcohol problem until he turned 40, and drug use is frowned upon.  I think that nowadays he could pass, given the amount of time that's passed since he's had a drink.

And yeah, I've held a clearance since I was 18.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:14:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

You think being a cop is simple?

You think just anyone can be a cop?

You think you are smart enough to stay alive flying an F-102 Intercepter?

Are you good enough to pass Six weeks of basic training. Fifty-three weeks of flight training. Twenty-one weeks of fighter-interceptor training. GWB was good enough.

Are you good enough? I doubt it very much.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#18]
"Supposed cocaine use" shows that you are a member of the radical left and a troll as accusations aren't held against people in background checks in the REAL WORLD, which your type does not associate with.

As for the DUI, I'm sure he'd still pass especially since he is wealthy like ALL national office holders. If you have the money, nothing is impossible.

And what does it matter? Politicians shouldn't be compared to "cops" because they are 2 totally different things. A "politician" is supposed to be "a man of the people"(though they never are) but a LEO is supposed to be "above" the "citizenry" for whatever reason.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

So now unproven accusations are fact?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lets turn this around, are you even qualified to shine his shoes? Would you pass a security check?

Well I can truely say I've never even had a speeding ticket in my life let alone a DUI. It's really not that hard to follow the law and to not take drugs. I've never had to wait longer than 5 seconds for a NICS "go".
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you good enough to pass Six weeks of basic training. Fifty-three weeks of flight training. Twenty-one weeks of fighter-interceptor training. GWB was good enough.

Do you have any idea what it means to put a word in quotation marks? Apparently they don't do punctuation drills wherever you went to school.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:23:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you have any idea what it means to put a word in quotation marks? Apparently they don't do punctuation drills wherever you went to school.

Yes I know what it means. Do you? Or are you just being an idiot again?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I can truely say I've never even had a speeding ticket in my life let alone a DUI. It's really not that hard to follow the law and to not take drugs. I've never had to wait longer than 5 seconds for a NICS "go".

Do you understand what "supposed" means? It means it's based on no solid evidence. I can say that you're a "supposed LSD abuser" and I don't have to provide solid evidence.

"Supposed" does not have anything to do with background checks and invalidates your argument, you leftist loony. Should I go about referring to your hero, Willy the Zipper Clit-face's accusations?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:24:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think my quotation marks went right over your head buddy.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#25]
I passed it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:26:46 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think my quotation marks went right over your head buddy.

I'm not your "Buddy"
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:27:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Is there some sort of history with this poster that I should be aware of here, or are you guys just that reactionary?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
"Supposed cocaine use" shows that you are a member of the radical left and a troll as accusations aren't held against people in background checks in the REAL WORLD, which your type does not associate with.

As for the DUI, I'm sure he'd still pass especially since he is wealthy like ALL national office holders. If you have the money, nothing is impossible.

And what does it matter? Politicians shouldn't be compared to "cops" because they are 2 totally different things. A "politician" is supposed to be "a man of the people"(though they never are) but a LEO is supposed to be "above" the "citizenry" for whatever reason.

Damn I hate to full up this troll thread with posts but am I an "88'ER NAZI" (see pervious threads) or a "RADICAL LEFTIST"??? Wish you fella's would make up your mind. Maybe I am neither I just enjoy a thing called FREE THOUGHT.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

The drug use story is total BS. When he ran for governer the first time, he received a "candidate questionnaire" with the usual  are-you-still-beating-your-wife yes-or-no questions. He did what any smart candidate does and tossed the whole thing. One of the questions was something like "have you ever used cocaine". Since he didn't answer the questionairre, he didn't answer the question.
The dems have spun that to "refused to answer questions about cocaine use", and "won't deny using cocaine".  

Since the whole thing is BS, he wisely ignores the whole issue.

Its an example of the cheap crap that the Dems and some members of the media have been trying. Its actually a fairly common stunt seen in political races. When my father was on the local School Board (budget $1 Billion), and running again, the local teacher's union sent him one of these survey's. It was full of loaded questions. He tossed it as well.

Other than a DUI, where  GWB was just at the legal limit, there isn't any indication of a drinking "problem" at that time. It sounded to me like he figured he was headed towards a problem, and thats why he quit.

Yes he would pass an FBI background check with no issues, as well as a 4473 (he has).

Clinton, on the other hand, well, the FBI agent assigned to the whitehouse, responsible for doing background checks, did have a problem with Clinton's anti-war activities, confirmed drug use, and visits to the USSR during the Vietnam war....

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:30:07 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn I hate to full up this troll thread with posts but am I an "88'ER NAZI" (see pervious threads) or a "RADICAL LEFTIST"??? Wish you fella's would make up your mind. Maybe I am neither I just enjoy a thing called FREE THOUGHT.

I just think of you as a DU jackass troll.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So now unproven accusations are fact?

I was under the impression that background investigators will talk to people who know/knew you and probably ask things like "did such and such every party alot and do drugs" or "did such and such every talk about shooting up their school"?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:34:06 PM EDT
[#32]
*yawn*
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:36:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Why would he wanna be a "simple" cop when he gets to be Maximum Commander-In-Chief...?!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

BFD

I can say that I have a criminal record, have done drugs, and I too get approved in under  1 min.
I am also prior service and held a secret clearence, with all the stuff mentioned above...

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:42:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It seems you do not know what the quotation marks mean. A fat girl is obese. A "fat" girl is one some (incorrectly, in the writer's view) might consider fat. The quotation marks indicate irony or sarcasm. The fact that the poster referred to "a 'simple' cop" rather than "a simple cop" means that the answer to your first two questions is "No," or less charitably "No, you moron, that's why 'simple' is in quotation marks." Reading is fundamental.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The drug use story is total BS. When he ran for governer the first time, he received a "candidate questionnaire" with the usual  are-you-still-beating-your-wife yes-or-no questions. He did what any smart candidate does and tossed the whole thing. One of the questions was something like "have you ever used cocaine". Since he didn't answer the questionairre, he didn't answer the question.
The dems have spun that to "refused to answer questions about cocaine use", and "won't deny using cocaine".  

Its an example of the cheap crap that the Dems and some members of the media have been trying. Its actually a fairly common stunt seen in political races. When my father was on the local School Board (budget $1 Billion), and running again, the local teacher's union sent him one of these survey's. It was full of loaded questions. He tossed it as well.

Other than a DUI, where  GWB was just at the legal limit, there isn't any indication of a drinking "problem" at that time. It sounded to me like he figured he was headed towards a problem, and thats why he quit.

Yes he would pass an FBI background check with no issues, as well as a 4473 (he has).

Clinton, on the other hand, well, the FBI agent assigned to the whitehouse, responsible for doing background checks, did have a problem with Clinton's anti-war activities, confirmed drug use, and visits to the USSR during the Vietnam war....

Dude, that's a total mischaracterization.  This wasn't just one questionairre.  W has responded to questions about drug use by saying "when I was young and irresponsible I was young and irresponsible."  That's not a denial, that's a tacit admission, and that's nothing I hold against him.  Add that to statements by several of his friends and aquaintances and I'm pretty sure he used drugs.  If you had that same amount of evidence about a Dem candidate, would you still say that there's nothing conclusive?  And he himself has admitted he had a drinking problem until he accepted Christ into his life and really became devout.  I've also never seen any reference to a BAC for his DUI, so I can't comment on that.  But your contention that Bush got his DUI and then decided to quit is incorrect; he didn't quit until over ten years after he got that arrest.  

Bush was a pretty wild guy until he was 40 or so.  So what?  Doesn't impact his ability to lead the country.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:51:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:07:19 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It seems you do not know what the quotation marks mean. A fat girl is obese. A "fat" girl is one some (incorrectly, in the writer's view) might consider fat. The quotation marks indicate irony or sarcasm. The fact that the poster referred to "a 'simple' cop" rather than "a simple cop" means that the answer to your first two questions is "No," or less charitably "No, you moron, that's why 'simple' is in quotation marks." Reading is fundamental.

You assumed the poster knew this and used quotation marks correctly, I dont give him that much credit. I choose to believe his use of "simple" indicated low regard for Cops.

You made a false assumption about my interpretation of "simple", and in typical fashion for you, you try to demonstrate how "supperior" you are by correcting someone. The last time you tried to correct me you the only thing you demonstrated was was your complete ingnorance of the topic being discussed.

So, shove it.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#40]
if he did, i wouldnt want him as president.  we need the shiftiness and the sly!!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:42:35 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You assumed the poster knew this and used quotation marks correctly, I dont give him that much credit. I choose to believe his use of "simple" indicated low regard for Cops.

You made a false assumption about my interpretation of "simple", and in typical fashion for you, you try to demonstrate how "supperior" you are by correcting someone. The last time you tried to correct me you the only thing you demonstrated was was your complete ingnorance of the topic being discussed.

So, shove it.

Not likely. Everyone but you knew what it meant. You read something, made and instant, and incorrect, judgement, and went off the handle. If there is any wonder why public mistrust of the police is growing then you only need look in the mirror to get your answer.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:48:50 PM EDT
[#42]
ARFCOM:  Yes
Real World:  No
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

OK, I'll play...

The answer to that question would be relative to the particular department a person might be applying to. The cocaine use is pure allegation and rhetoric so as long as the applicant could pass a physical and drug screen it would not even be considered.

The DUI (was there one?) could be a problem if it was a Felony. Is it was a misdemeanor that was over 5 years old it might not even be considered.

His military service and honorable discharge would definitely be considered.

Different departments (and agencies) have different requirements and restrictions.

It's not like W was impeached or anything like that. And he never has been charged, much less convicted of perjury or stripped of his license to practice law. The perjury conviction would immediately disqualify a candidate because it would cast a cloud on any future testimony. There are also "Moral Terpitude" clauses to consider, but there's not enough bandwidth here to get into that now, is there?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:29:23 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
[You assumed the poster knew this and used quotation marks correctly, I dont give him that much credit. I choose to believe his use of "simple" indicated low regard for Cops.

So, shove it.

Not likely. Everyone but you knew what it meant. You read something, made and instant, and incorrect, judgement, and went off the handle. If there is any wonder why public mistrust of the police is growing then you only need look in the mirror to get your answer.

How do you know what the troll meant? I see crappy grammer here all the time, missuse of quotes, I took it one way, you are free to take it anyway you like, you have no idea how everyone else took it. That you would attack me over it says something about you.

And whos making assumptions? You think I'm touchy because I'm a cop? Sounds like you have a problem with cops, not me. I'm not sure that looking in the mirror will help any as I'm not a cop nor do I speak for them. I speak only for myself.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[You assumed the poster knew this and used quotation marks correctly, I dont give him that much credit. I choose to believe his use of "simple" indicated low regard for Cops.

So, shove it.

How do you know what the troll meant? I see crappy grammer here all the time, missuse of quotes, I took it one way, you are free to take it anyway you like, you have no idea how everyone else took it. That you would attack me over it says something about you.

And whos making assumptions? You think I'm touchy because I'm a cop? Sounds like you have a problem with cops, not me. I'm not sure that looking the mirror will help any as I'm not a cop nor do I speak for them. I speak only for myself.

I have no problems with cops in general, hell I WAS ONE.

I do have problems with people in "power" positions who jump to conclusions and seem angry about it. You COULD have simply asked the OP what he meant. Instead you lashed out.

And unlike a cop in another thread today, I won't tell you to learn to use the quote feature.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And whos making assumptions? You think I'm touchy because I'm a cop? Sounds like you have a problem with cops, not me. I'm not sure that looking the mirror will help any as I'm not a cop nor do I speak for them. I speak only for myself.

I have no problems with cops in general, hell I WAS ONE.

I do have problems with people in "power" positions who jump to conclusions and seem angry about it. You COULD have simply asked the OP what he meant. Instead you lashed out.

And unlike a cop in another thread today, I won't tell you to learn to use the quote feature.

I know how to use the quote function, I just screwed up trying to shorten the quote, unlike you.

You see me as a person in a "power" position? You must, considering that "look in the mirror" comment. I'm not a cop, I have no power, just opinions and I will express them whether or not you like it.

As for lashing out..why not? The OP was trying to stir shit and succeeded. Though I admit I should have just ignored this crap thread.

As for you, you may want to recheck your spelling, if we're going to be anal about such things.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, very good point. I own the book "Unlimited Access" by retired FBI Agent Gary Aldrich and love to read it on occassion. He has alot of good info in there about the "Klinton Years"

I highly recommend reading it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:44:24 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Is there some sort of history with this poster that I should be aware of here, or are you guys just that reactionary?

Knowing bullshit when you smell it ain’t being reactionary.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#49]
You won't get hired around here with a DUI/DWI conviction on your record.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:30:31 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Not in my agency.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top