Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2005 3:44:52 PM EDT
I just watched it again.  That movie scared the shit out of me when I was a kid. I first saw it at a movie theatre in Baton Rouge when I was a young teenager.  The next day my daddy took me to north Louisiana, deer hunting.  We got into the woods about an hour before first light and I got settled in good.  The movie was still fresh in my mind but since I was carrying a .30-06 Remington 742 I wasn't scared.  That is untill that huge Black Angus bull walked towards me out of the swirling fog!  I hunt from the ground and was sitting with my back against a tree so that sucker looked seven feet tall!

I can laugh about it now but it took several hours to get over it back then.

Ever been startled/scared in the woods?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:48:32 PM EDT
[#1]
That movie scared me as a kid too.   Damn Bog Monster,  er,    I mean Wetland Monster.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:48:53 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL, I saw it too at the movies back in '73, scared me pretty good too.

When I was young, my first few times hunting in the woods alone got kinda scary.  Eventually got over it, but it took a few trips out and getting used to things.

I used to always hate it when the dang rabbits would jump at my feet.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I ran that movie at our local theatre before it closed down years ago. I was the youngest projectionist using carbon-arc machines in the world prolly at 12-13 years old.

I nearly shat myself when that thing was at the window.

I could not find the movie for years and finally got it on DVD through Amazon.com.

The original movie was better than "Return to Boggy Creek". IMO.

Danny

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:20:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered it. Been meaning to buy it for years, thanks for reminding me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top