Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 9:18:04 AM EDT
I'm off to college!

Anybody have any useful advice, preferably relating to doing well in class and being responsible with money? Other advice is gladly accepted

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:20:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Caffiene and Top Ramen are your two best friends.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Caffiene and Top Ramen hookers and blow are your two best friends.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:23:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Join your local Protest Warrior group on campus and take the fight to the enemy.  

Also, post pics of hot coeds on ARFCOM.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Do not worry about the laws against underage drinking. Trust me on this one, find house parties and dont pay more than $3 for your cup.  Watch out for cup colors if there's three different ones offered, red means not available, yellow means might be up for something and green means you'll bang anything with legs.

Get an on-campus job for some easy money, computer labs are great and usually need someone to watch over them.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:27:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's a little tidbit of info that it took me three semesters to learn.  Class attendance is directly proportional to your grade in said class.   My grades improved dramatically when I figured this out.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Check the STD percentage of the students that attend your school.  Sounds weird, but trust me.  My friend goes to St. Mary's, and 2 out of 3 students there pick up an STD.  To quote Van Wilder: "Don't be a fool, wrap your tool."

All-nighters really are not a good idea; crash studying will take its toll.  Waking up late for an exam SUCKS.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Never play without a condom.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#8]
When in doubt, whip it out.

Seriously, have a good time.  Many women go wild as soon as they get to school (no parents around).  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:29:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hooker in a Box. Just add water.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:30:47 AM EDT
[#10]
When I started college, I've never seen so many pretty women all in one place.

Personally, I would keep the alcoholic drinking down, because it is really hard on the liver, you won't feel it when your younger, but wait until you're older, then things will catch up.

BTW-SevenMMmag: Where are you going to school at? Any idea on major or area of interest?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:30:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and remember BJs are NOT considered sex
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:31:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Join your local Protest Warrior group on campus and take the fight to the enemy.  

Also, post pics of hot coeds on ARFCOM.

Don't do that, that can get you kicked out of school if caught
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't hang out with people who have a lot more spending money than you,
you will end up spending more money than you can afford on things like
Fast food, etc...
Just trust me on this Seven, I promise you will be glad you did!!!

L.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#14]
You will get credit cards applications left and right.  AVOID THEM.  Too many kids tank their credit before age 20 because they go wild with credit cards.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:10:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Keep up your grades, do not procrastinate-do it when it is assigned......and all other things will be wonderful!   If your grades are good, you can party without guilt....and that is a good thing!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top