Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2005 8:46:25 AM EDT
Hey Guys,

My girlfriend and I are taking a road trip to Reno in a few weeks. I want to bring my guns but don't know where to shoot. Does anyone know of any good rural area where I can go blasting without getting arrested. Any help is appriciated. Thanks All.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:08:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Ask in Hometown --> Nevada forums

Or you can just start driving away from the city and towards the desert.. if the road goes right, you go left.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:17:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I figured as much, that is what I usually do when I go to vegas, we got 4 wheel drive so we can do some exploring. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:55:58 AM EDT
[#3]
stay in cali to many of your kind here already.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:57:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
stay in cali to many of your kind here already.

Just what the hell do you mean, your kind?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:25:00 PM EDT
[#5]
There's a nice range north of Reno on Pyramid Road (almost to Pyramid Lake say 20 miles???). It's run by the county and is open Friday Through Sunday (maybe monday) 8-4:30. $6 per person per day.  Has 36 benches w/ paper targets out to 200 yards and gongs out to 600.  Lots of cool guns are usually there and the range master, Dick, is a really nice guy  Best shooting is in the morning because the wind usually kicks up around 11.  Take food and drink.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
There's a nice range north of Reno on Pyramid Road (almost to Pyramid Lake say 20 miles???). It's run by the county and is open Friday Through Sunday (maybe monday) 8-4:30. $6 per person per day.  Has 36 benches w/ paper targets out to 200 yards and gongs out to 600.  Lots of cool guns are usually there and the range master, Dick, is a really nice guy  Best shooting is in the morning because the wind usually kicks up around 11.  Take food and drink.

If you go another 2-3 miles further north, there is some gravel pits and such on the left. You can find it by the cattle guard crossing. A nice place to shoot, do your own thing and not have an RO down your throat all the time. It's BLM and open to the public. Careful, Pyramid Reservation is a little further up and it is Indian Country = no guns off the highway. The Tribal Po-po sometimes pulls people over who have been shooting around there to mess with them. If you hit the lake, you are on the res.

I used to do CQB and drills there all the time. Check the area before you shoot as others sometimes bring ATV's to ride.

You can also head up north of Sun Valley or Lemmon Valley. BLM land up there as well and lots of trails.

Stop by Frank's Guns - I think it's on Mouana or something. It's been almost 10 years since I lived there. He's in the book and he's a real stand up guy. C3 dealer as well.

You can also head out east past Sparks. BLM all over there. The rule is 1 mile away from structures or populated areas or posted "no shooting" areas.

For T-3 fans, Crystal Peak is about 45 minutes away up 395 North. No secret complex - just a mountain top with lots of clear rocks and radio/TV repeaters. Be advised, it is in occupied territory, CA. So watch the guns.

Harrahs Auto Museum is worth the trip as well as Incline Village and Tahoe.

Lots of things to do in Reno.

Good trip to you.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you go another 2-3 miles further north, there is some gravel pits and such on the left. You can find it by the cattle guard crossing. A nice place to shoot, do your own thing and not have an RO down your throat all the time.

At the Regional Shooting Facility, the RO's will only be "down your throat all the time" if you're doing something unsafe or stupid.

Since you'll often see other people doing unsafe and stupid things at the gravel pits, I prefer the Range...

~Dan
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#8]
your kind as in people from cali.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top