User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2005 9:17:26 PM EDT
Boeing? Someone else?

Hivemind........
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:19:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Just put sammy the sperm inside the donut, and thats where you're a gonna go......
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:35:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the major avionic makers are responsible. Like Honeywell, Garmin, etc. Boeing uses them the most, at least. some 727s had them, 737s have tons of them, etc.

Military fighters have had VVs on thier HUD's since they came out basically.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:41:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think the major avionic makers are responsible. Like Honeywell, Garmin, etc. Boeing uses them the most, at least. some 727s had them, 737s have tons of them, etc.

Okay, well I know the NGs, 777s, and 744s have them for sure.  Some clown on this other website is claiming Boeing stole the idea from Airbus, but I think it's just like the FBW deal, where people think Boeing "stole" it too.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:44:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay, well I know the NGs, 777s, and 744s have them for sure.  Some clown on this other website is claiming Boeing stole the idea from Airbus, but I think it's just like the FBW deal, where people think Boeing "stole" it too.

Hmm, I really doubt it. REALLY. Airbus doesnt make thier own avionics, as far as I know.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:36:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Some guy on the other forum set the Scarebusser straight.  He flew a jet with FPV, and said "The concept was developed and published by aerospace research institutes.", apparently long before Airbus was around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top