Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 9:08:15 PM EDT
I just interjected into the conversation that I was African American.  Then, I carried on like nothing happened...

She nearly fell over.  She couldn't call me a liar, and she really wasn't sure what to do with it, so she stopped talking.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:09:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just interjected into the conversation that I was African American.  Then, I carried on like nothing happened...

She nearly fell over.  She couldn't call me a liar, and she really wasn't sure what to do with it, so she stopped talking.

Are you a white African or something?

I remember a case where a white South African applied for an African-American scholarship. Ooooh the racism from the blacks that came out from that was astounding.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:10:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I've told a few that I'm a lesbian. Here, smell my breath.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've told a few that I'm a lesbian. Here, smell my breath.

Thats great im gonna have to use that one..
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#4]
dad was born on guam.  airbase.

i am the son of a guamanian

makes me an asian/pacific islander!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember a case where a white South African applied for an African-American scholarship. Ooooh the racism from the blacks that came out from that was astounding.

Nope.  Just plain ol' heinz 57 white.  I wasn't telling the truth, of course.  I was joking...she took me serious, so I went with it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:18:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope.  Just plain ol' heinz 57 white.  I wasn't telling the truth, of course.  I was joking...she took me serious, so I went with it.

That's awesome
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:19:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I forget what form it was at work a couple of years ago, but I checked Native American and the  HR dept went into a tailspin

I wouldn't change it either
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I forget what form it was at work a couple of years ago, but I checked Native American and the  HR dept went into a tailspin

I wouldn't change it either

LOL. I'm as native as they are! They're decendants came and wiped out the previous inhabitants just as my decendants tried to do.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:55:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm an "Appalachian American"!

I loved when Luke Duke said that to the Black guys in the Dukes of hazzard Movie, but it does describe me, I live dead center in the Allegheny Chain of the Appalachian mountains!

And we Appalachian mountains dwellers are a different sort!! In fact my Grandfather and his brothers made moonshine and ran it illegally, in fact one of them almost drove into a trap the Government set up for him but he seen the roadblock and left town, we did not know where he was for the next 50 years, because he was even afraid to contact family back here so the revenuers couldn't find him! We finnally found him in a nursing home about a month before he died, his wife and Kids thought he disappeared off the face of the earth.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:50:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Due to my mutt heritage I describe myself as a "Northern European American".  But if Darwin and the DNA evidence is right, we are all African Americans.  On the census form I always describe my race a human.

Come to think of it, what we really are is ARFICAN AMERICANS.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:54:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:56:05 AM EDT
[#12]
If there's an "Other" space and room to write, I like to put down "Irish-, Polish-, Sicilian- American"
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:57:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I was born in Texas which was part of Mexico at one time, wonder if I'm a Mexican American?  Viva Bush!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:58:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
dad was born on guam.  airbase.

i am the son of a guamanian

makes me an asian/pacific islander!

I believe they are refered to as the Guamish
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:58:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Well you can never tell what makes up a person just by looking at them.  My wife is black and my daughter is my complection with blond hair and blues eyes just like me.  My wife gets people asking her if she is her daughter all the time.  When she answers yes, then then ask if she is her birth mother.  

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:58:56 AM EDT
[#16]
I always say that I thought liberals were free thinkers, open to consider anything. They usually say "right!" Then I'll launch into talking points about how liberals are the most closed minded, narrow thinkers out there. And then I'll tell them how I don't like how liberals think they know what I want... I can think for myself. If they want to get down to brass tacks and into specifics about the liberal agenda I'll do that too. Edit: The liberals I've met tend not to be the educated illuminati types... They pick up a meme from their chosen infotainment outlet and then run with it thinking it will end all the world's woes... The slightest amount of critical thinking usually dashes it.

I don't tend to get in many political discussions with those people after that.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:11:38 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'm an "Appalachian American"!

I loved when Luke Duke said that to the Black guys in the Dukes of hazzard Movie, but it does describe me, I live dead center in the Allegheny Chain of the Appalachian mountains!

And we Appalachian mountains dwellers are a different sort!! In fact my Grandfather and his brothers made moonshine and ran it illegally, in fact one of them almost drove into a trap the Government set up for him but he seen the roadblock and left town, we did not know where he was for the next 50 years, because he was even afraid to contact family back here so the revenuers couldn't find him! We finnally found him in a nursing home about a month before he died, his wife and Kids thought he disappeared off the face of the earth.

Those moonshiner chases with the cops are the origins of stock car racing.  Sounds like you're Scots-Irish.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top