Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2005 8:53:06 PM EDT
"I have a lot of black friends."
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:54:31 PM EDT
[#1]
because you were wearing a white robe when you said it?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

it's usually the "but......." that follows
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:56:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I have alot of black relatives.

That's even better. It's the truth, too.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I was born a poor black child. Huh? I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was born a poor black child. Huh? I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

The new phone book is here.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The new phone book is here.

Sgat1r5

Is my name in it?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
"I have a lot of black girlfriends."

J/K

The statement alone is fine ...but usually there's something connected to it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#11]
The conversation goes something like this:

Man 1: "Are you a bigot?"
Man 2: : "No, I have a lot of black friends."
Man 1: "That statement alone makes you a bigot."
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#12]
where is that "Niger please" map

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:11:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Actually, my robe is blue.

Wait - we're talking about bathrobes, right?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:12:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
where is that "Niger please" map

Nice knowing you. Let us know what your new screen name is when you register a new account.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#15]
No.

Bigotry is not "intolerance," but "unreasonable intolerance". For example, some Jews may be intolerant of Nazi Anti-Semitism; that doesn't necessarily make them anti-Nazi bigots.    But you're not a bigot if you claim Bush is Hitler or that Neocons are Nazis...see the subtle difference

A bigot will continue to hold these opinions even when confronted with evidence that challenges such stereotypes.

But if the evidence agrees you're still a bigot...but don't feel bad, the original meaning of the word, "having strong views, not easily swayed" was not pejorative.  This word has gradually become a tool of the media and to a certain extent, the educational system to bludgeon any difference of opinion from anyone that's not "open-minded", whatever that means.

To protect his views, he may either dismiss the challenges he encounters as an aberration to the norm and ignore the fact that they threaten to undercut his prejudices. On a more extreme level, he may deny the evidence altogether. Both reactions can be classified as forms of cognitive dissonance.

They could also be some good common sense  

BIGOT was also a D-Day codeword, defining ultra top-secret clearance required to know details of the landing plans. Those with this knowledge were called "BIGOTed".

And proud bigots they were

All it really means is that you have a big mustache and look real sure of yourself.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:16:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It's because we can't recognize our diversity anymore for the sake of diversity.  Your friends who have black skin should not be your black friends they should just be your friends.  The muslim terrorist should not be identified as muslim terrorists they should just be recognized as terrorist.

Wait, terrorist is not diverse.  Ummm......

Ok if you have a friend that is from Britain, it's ok to say this is my British friend but.   No wait.........

Wow, you are such teh Bigot.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:17:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Well the reasoning goes like this.  simplely by having the word Black in there means you are marking a diffrence between your friends.   To not be a bigot you must be color blind when it comes to people.

bigot is just a slightly more polite way of saying racist

People how hate black people are racist
People that support affirmative action are racist
People that make any distinction between races are racist

If I were a black person I would be extreamly offened by affirmative action.  "What you think I'm not good enough.  I'm so inferior that you white people have to give me a handout.  Well screw you!"  Is what I would think and that's exactly what affirmative action says.  Acually got into a big argument over this with some people in my college Christian club.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:17:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

It doesn't, unless you then proceed to make bigoted statements and think that that protects you.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:19:41 PM EDT
[#19]
The premise might be silly, but I've seen it happen.

First place I saw it was on TV. If my rememerator wasn't busted, I could tell you where. Maybe "All in the Family" or "The Jeffersons"?  Maybe "Sanford and Son"?

But, I've seen the comment repeated in real life more than once. Actually, once in the Equal Opportunity Course.

Life imitating art? Maybe someone saw the same episode I did.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The premise might be silly, but I've seen it happen.

First place I saw it was on TV. If my rememerator wasn't busted, I could tell you where. Maybe "All in the Family" or "The Jeffersons"?  Maybe "Sanford and Son"?

But, I've seen the comment repeated in real life more than once. Actually, once in the Equal Opportunity Course.

Life imitating art? Maybe someone saw the same episode I did.

Some people are hyper sensitive.

Don't sweat it, but note their sensitivity so you can mess with them later.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:21:54 PM EDT
[#21]
You're white, that makes you a bigot, Crackah.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#22]
found it

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:26:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

simplely by having the word Black in there means you are marking a diffrence between your friends.   To not be a bigot you must be color blind when it comes to people.

Well, that's what I kinda thought what it meant, but I though that that it couldn't be right. There must be something deeper that I'm missing.

If I said, "I have a lot of Army friends", that's not bigoted, right? I mean, other than to civilians or other branches of service.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:27:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
found it

Oh, fuck.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:29:04 PM EDT
[#25]
I have no black friends and maybe only see one black person one a week
So am I a bigot
there really is not any blacks in this part of the state
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:29:47 PM EDT
[#26]
What's the big deal?  Some of my best friends know black people.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#27]
"I have a lot of white friends"

I am twice the bigot that you are
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:32:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Hey dude, long time no see hear
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:34:19 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

simplely by having the word Black in there means you are marking a diffrence between your friends.   To not be a bigot you must be color blind when it comes to people.

Well, that's what I kinda thought what it meant, but I though that that it couldn't be right. There must be something deeper that I'm missing.

If I said, "I have a lot of Army friends", that's not bigoted, right? I mean, other than to civilians or other branches of service.

You'd think that wouldn't you but nope that's it right there.  

One time I was talking about my LEO friend here and some people got upset that I said that he was my LEO friend instead of just my friend.  In this case I'm proud of him being a LEO.  But it's the same type of thing.  People that are overly sensitive can interpret anything to anything they want.  And they usualy interpret it so that it offends them.

Had a relationship with someone that was overly sensitive.  Had to constanly remind her to use logic instead of emotions.  Sometimes she succeeded.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:35:35 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't have any black friends.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#31]
To answer the original posted question

Back in the old days in the infancy of pc

the enlightened "annoited ones" would
identify the bigots by the phrase.......

"some of my\our best friends are _______"
(they didn't really have _______ friends)

it was usually fictional jewish or black friends

now they just call anyone that is not a liberal "racist"
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:42:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I hear the horses hooves already.

Get ready for bitch-slappin' and possibly a lock.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:43:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Because apparently it CANNOT just be a simple stement of fact..................The militant blacks wouldn't have anyhting to bitch about if they just took it as such!!

I said it once to a Black kid at work and he not only did not believe me, but said "All racist rednecks say that!" I had to actually take photos of me and them in to show the little mentally twisted dork I was being honest!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:57:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Gee Wally this is really really deep.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:11:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:  found it  

Take comfort, or maybe it's small comfort, in knowing you were not the first person banned for posting that pic here.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
found it

Edited

Dude, If I were you, I would go back and edit that picture out of your post.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Take comfort, or maybe it's small comfort, in knowing you were not the first person banned for posting that pic here.

Buh Bye!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:30:28 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I don't get it.  Is it just that the name of the country is only one letter short of the "n" word, or is there some significance to the word "please" where it should say Niamey?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:43:52 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
found it

tinypic.com/ad2jk8.gif

Hasta la vista buddy, sorry we never got to know you!!!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:57:36 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Buh Bye!!

Something like 3 or 4 now?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:40:20 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
found it

Hey!  Didn't Quietshooter post that pic once?

Now, where the hell did he go anyway?

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:41:42 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
found it

Hey!  Didn't Quietshooter post that pic once?

Now, where the hell did he go anyway?

after he posted the pic, he went away...........
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:03:20 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I don't have any black friends.  

I don't have any friends at all. Does that make me a bigot too?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:21:17 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Ok if you have a friend that is from Britain, it's ok to say this is my British friend but.   No wait.........

I've always wanted to know, what country is Britain in?  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:49:20 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Jerk.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:54:52 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

A better answer would have been...

Man 2: : "Fuck off, Douchebag."
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:08:50 AM EDT
[#47]
racial
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:09:23 AM EDT
[#48]
racial
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top