Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2005 7:47:52 PM EDT
It would take quite a few fuel tankers to cause mass casualties, and I don't think they can pull it off:

HH

OFFICIALS WARN: POSSIBILITY OF ATTACKS AROUND SEPT. 11
Thu Aug 11 2005 22:15:46 ET

A group of FBI counterterrorism analysts warned this week of possible terrorist attacks in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago around Sept. 11, the NEW YORK TIMES is planning to report on Friday, but officials cautioned that they were skeptical about the seriousness of the threat.

The warning grew out of intelligence developed from an overseas source indicating that terrorists might seek to steal fuel tanker trucks in order to inflict "mass casualties" by staging an anniversary attack, officials said.

The information led FBI joint terrorism task forces in Los Angeles and Newark, N.J., to alert other government and law enforcement officials privately this week about the threat, law enforcement officials said. Several government officials in Washington who were briefed on the threat said it was described as credible and specific enough to warrant attention.

Developing...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:49:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
It would take quite a few fuel tankers to cause mass casualties, and I don't think they can pull it off:

HH

Thu Aug 11 2005 22:15:46 ET

A group of FBI counterterrorism analysts warned this week of possible terrorist attacks in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago around Sept. 11, the NEW YORK TIMES is planning to report on Friday, but officials cautioned that they were skeptical about the seriousness of the threat.

The warning grew out of intelligence developed from an overseas source indicating that terrorists might seek to steal fuel tanker trucks in order to inflict "mass casualties" by staging an anniversary attack, officials said.

The information led FBI joint terrorism task forces in Los Angeles and Newark, N.J., to alert other government and law enforcement officials privately this week about the threat, law enforcement officials said. Several government officials in Washington who were briefed on the threat said it was described as credible and specific enough to warrant attention.

Developing...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=378691

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:50:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Chatter.............Chatter.................Credible..................Chatter..................Threat............Chatter...............

Hope for the Best, Prepare for the Worst
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#3]
[loading more mags]

[calling Southern Ammo]

[checking 6]

OK, I'm ready.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#4]
So, they're skeptical about the credibility?

I guess what they're saying is, there's a threat, unless there's not.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:52:19 PM EDT
[#5]
well damn, I'm scared now

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Situational awareness
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Life as normal, Im just carrying more ammo.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:58:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Soooo....I guess this means that NYPD, LAPD and CPD will be checking out every fuel tanker's driver in about 3 weeks for a week or so....

HH
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:01:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
[loading more mags]

[calling Southern Ammo]

[checking 6]

OK, I'm ready.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#10]
anybody who takes drudge with any degree of seriousnesss, is hammer forging aluminum foil on their heads. I put the guy in the same catagory as alex jones.

I bet if you look on the inside of his fedora, it will be lined with aluminum foil
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:09:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
anybody who takes drudge with any degree of seriousnesss, is hammer forging aluminum foil on their heads. I put the guy in the same catagory as alex jones.

I bet if you look on the inside of his fedora, it will be lined with aluminum foil

VISITS TO DRUDGE 08/11/05

008,719,067 IN PAST 24 HOURS
210,109,087 IN PAST 31 DAYS
3,508,224,419 IN PAST YEAR

Please, when your 7th-in-the-World most visited website gets up and running, please let us know and we'll be sure to stop by.  

HH
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:10:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
anybody who takes drudge with any degree of seriousnesss

Yeh, Bill Clinton said something like that about Drudge too.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please, when your 7th-in-the-World most visited website gets up and running, please let us know and we'll be sure to stop by.  

HH

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:17:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I will be at CMMG that weekend.

I'm set.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:24:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes, I said as much a week and a half ago, when folks were predicting an attack last week -- it is more in line with their thinking to do an attack on the anniversary of September 11th.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Now they've done it!  We're going to threat level fuschia.

(And NO, I didn't really know how to spell it.  I had to look it up. )
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:29:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Its not Fuschia! Its magenta damnit!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HH

If being famous made you correct, we'd all be Michael Moore fans.

I'm curious what the "more mags! more ammo!" crowd is planning to do against attacks like 9/11/01
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:44:59 PM EDT
[#19]
There is always the possiblity of a threat now...today...tomorrow...3 years from now...JUST BE READY TO HANDLE WHATEVER IS THROWN YOUR WAY....look for the spitter...the towel---heads like to play dirty
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I've been reading Drudge for five years periodically.  He has (in my estimation) about a 75-80 percent track record.  He broke a number of stories that turned out to be true (Monical Lewinsky, etc).  He missed a few (Clinton's supposed love child with a black teenager).  He has a lot of sources of varying degrees of reliability.  The sources he has in .gov, such as the one that gave him this story, often turn out to be very accurate.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Ok, there are two non-members posting on this thread that use Cyanide's writing style -- I find this interesting.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:50:19 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I've been reading Drudge for five years periodically.  He has (in my estimation) about a 75-80 percent track record.  He broke a number of stories that turned out to be true (Monical Lewinsky, etc).  He missed a few (Clinton's supposed love child with a black teenager).  He has a lot of sources of varying degrees of reliability.  The sources he has in .gov, such as the one that gave him this story, often turn out to be very accurate.

While your point about Lewinsky, et al is quite true, I'd be willing to bet his track record is much worse if you count all the stories that appear for just a short time, then vanish without a trace. You have to check the site 2-3 times every day, or else you'll miss the wierd BS stories that get yanked right away.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:58:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
well damn, I'm scared now

No kidding. I would've been soooo surprised had I not clicked on this thread....
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:14:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Ok, there are two non-members posting on this thread that use Cyanide's writing style -- I find this interesting.

then you must lead a very dull life
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:22:08 PM EDT
[#25]
How many times have we heard another attack is just around the corner... It can happen any day, damn.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:22:25 PM EDT
[#26]
You know what, saying we are have a threat once a week, is a bad idea, people are simply going to stop listening and than bam wam right to the moon.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:32:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
You know what, saying we are have a threat once a week, is a bad idea, people are simply going to stop listening and than bam wam right to the moon.

Unfortunately, the first time they don't give a warning, something will go boom....and everyone will be saying "why wasn't there a warning?" Its Bush's fault....Congress must investigate this new intel failure......ect, ect......
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:43:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:22:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its not Fuschia! Its magenta damnit!

I forgot about that!  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:50:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it is patently obivious.  You begging for another spanking?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:12:56 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it is patently obivious.  You begging for another spanking?

your fantasy is getting the better of you.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:20:46 AM EDT
[#32]
As much as I hate to say it, it almost seems like we need another attack to get the unity of the country back behind our cause of fighting terrorism. We as a country have forgotten too easily the damages and devestation of 9/11/01 and the Democrats have gone back to their whining.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:39:04 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
As much as I hate to say it, it almost seems like we need another attack to get the unity of the country back behind our cause of fighting terrorism. We as a country have forgotten too easily the damages and devestation of 9/11/01 and the Democrats have gone back to their whining.

You are so right. It can be timed to just about 2 years..... Then their harddrive gets purged and its a brand new day!

ETA: something about History and Doomed to repeat it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:11:52 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Soooo....I guess this means that NYPD, LAPD and CPD will be checking out every fuel tanker's driver in about 3 weeks for a week or so....

HH

Correct... but only drivers that are white males will be checked.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:12:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:18:27 AM EDT
[#36]
It will be just another day in NYC. Sad because of the specific date. But it won't prevent anyone from doing what they have to. We keep hearing about this stuff. If we really payed too close attention to all the "chatter" we would never get anything done. I hope this is just false info.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:19:27 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HH

If being famous made you correct, we'd all be Michael Moore fans.

I'm curious what the "more mags! more ammo!" crowd is planning to do against attacks like 9/11/01

The concept of more mags more ammo refers to the being prepared should an event/crisis occur where our traditional systme law and order falls apart... if an attack is severe enough to cause riots, looting etc... or if an attack includes the "waking-up" of the many ROPer terror and other criminal sleeper cells throughout this country.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:19:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quick, someone fold a twenty dollar bill so we'll know where those sheet heads are going to strike next!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:22:04 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HH

Correct... but only drivers that are white males will be checked.

right, dont wanna hurt anyones feelings
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:25:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:29:01 AM EDT
[#41]
I will add it to the list of threats.

Everybody just live your life.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:32:18 AM EDT
[#42]
DRUDGE REPORT: OFFICIALS WARN: POSSIBILITY OF ATTACKS AROUND SEPT. 11  

Day late and a dollar short.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:12:33 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
thats been floating around since 2002

They sent out the alert to LEO organizations in those three cities three days ago.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You've only been here since April of this year.....

How would you even know who or what jkstexas was referring to?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OUCH!  Touche'.....busted.  He's been outed again.

HH
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:42:51 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

are you serious? shit, you really must not a have a clue going through life, it's obvious to anyone that they are refering to someone that use to post here........but I guess for you it would be a mystery
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#47]
tag
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

are you serious? shit, you really must not a have a clue going through life, it's obvious to anyone that they are refering to someone that use to post here........but I guess for you it would be a mystery

Hit a nerve didn't I...
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:57:06 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

While your point about Lewinsky, et al is quite true, I'd be willing to bet his track record is much worse if you count all the stories that appear for just a short time, then vanish without a trace. You have to check the site 2-3 times every day, or else you'll miss the wierd BS stories that get yanked right away.

If one was to pay a little attention to the drudge site, you'ld find that almost all the stories are links to reports or stories on other sites.  

BTW in the emergency medical field a mass casualty incident can be anything that causes the first responder on scene to say "Oh shit" and call for more response.  Probably at least 10 would do it, do be an MCI now  Remember you often don't know how many casualties are in the works.

How about a tanker pulling front of a commuter train?  If it's going fast enough, mahbe just the driver, or if it derails the train maybe hundreds.  Or what if the tanker wasn't carrying flammable liquids but some bio or chemical agent that gets splashed all over the place and the passengers.  Some bio agents don't have a reaction for several hours or days.

9/11 would have some significance, remember these guys are big on symbology.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:05:30 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Bring it, don't sing it!
~Dg84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top