Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2005 7:11:30 PM EDT
Went to the gas station today. One I've never been to before, and there is this guy behind the counter with a black patch on his arm, held on by a piece of elastic band. It was a black square about 1 1/2 inches by 1 1/2 inches. It had a sword on it and some arabic writting above it and below it.

The sword looked like this:

Anyone know what it means or have seen it before?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#1]
It's their idiot-proof instruction manual.

"Grasp here"

"Cut with this part"
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#2]
It means your money went toward terrorism.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:18:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Did it look like any of these?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I think its the arabic symbol for "Don't buy a Slurpee from this man."
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#5]
It translates roughly to "Durka Durka Bakalaka Jihad".
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It means your money went toward terrorism.

+1 Congratulations you just help fund an IED with that beef jerky slurpee you bought.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:22:53 PM EDT
[#7]
From the site you posted that picture from:

THE SWORD OF ISLAM

The first few who embraced the "new" religion in Makkah in the Arabian Peninsula at the hands of the Prophet ( - peace and blessings of Allâh be upon him), were his wife Khadîjah, his servant Zaid, and his eleven year old cousin 'Ali. Among the ones who later joined this faith were the honest merchant, Abu Bakr; the iron man of Arabia, 'Umar the Great; the shy businessman, Uthmân; the Prophet's () brave uncle Hamzah; and a slave of a pagan, Bilâl (may Allâh be pleased with them). They simply couldn't resist the MAGIC SWORD of a humble and lonely Prophet?

The negligible minority of believers in this new Faith was soon exiled from Makkah and they arrived in the city called Yathrib which later became known as MADÎNAH. The Muslim emigrants to Madînah brought their SWORD with them. The SWORD continued to work and its magnetic force continued to "pull" people towards it until the whole of Arabia joined the Faith. Compared to the population of the rest of the world at that time, the Arabs constituted a tiny minority. A fraction of this minority decided to take the SWORD beyond the boundaries of the Arabian desert to the mighty Mediterranean, the coast of Malabar and the far away East Indies Islands. People after people continued surrendering to this SWORD and joining the Faith.

So sharp was the edge of the SWORD! It simply conquered the hearts; bodies yielded automatically. It is the SWORD OF TRUTH, whose mere shine eliminates falsehood just like light wipes away darkness.

In other words, it represents the Arab Muslim conquest of all of Arabia, the Middle East, North Africa, Spain, Turkey and the desire to conquer the rest of the world.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:24:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

THE SWORD OF ISLAM

The first few who embraced the "new" religion in Makkah in the Arabian Peninsula at the hands of the Prophet ( - peace and blessings of Allâh be upon him), were his wife Khadîjah, his servant Zaid, and his eleven year old cousin 'Ali. Among the ones who later joined this faith were the honest merchant, Abu Bakr; the iron man of Arabia, 'Umar the Great; the shy businessman, Uthmân; the Prophet's () brave uncle Hamzah; and a slave of a pagan, Bilâl (may Allâh be pleased with them). They simply couldn't resist the MAGIC SWORD of a humble and lonely Prophet?

The negligible minority of believers in this new Faith was soon exiled from Makkah and they arrived in the city called Yathrib which later became known as MADÎNAH. The Muslim emigrants to Madînah brought their SWORD with them. The SWORD continued to work and its magnetic force continued to "pull" people towards it until the whole of Arabia joined the Faith. Compared to the population of the rest of the world at that time, the Arabs constituted a tiny minority. A fraction of this minority decided to take the SWORD beyond the boundaries of the Arabian desert to the mighty Mediterranean, the coast of Malabar and the far away East Indies Islands. People after people continued surrendering to this SWORD and joining the Faith.

So sharp was the edge of the SWORD! It simply conquered the hearts; bodies yielded automatically. It is the SWORD OF TRUTH, whose mere shine eliminates falsehood just like light wipes away darkness.

In other words, it represents the Arab Muslim conquest of all of Arabia, the Middle East, North Africa, Spain, Turkey and the desire to conquer the rest of the world.

Sounds like your gas jockey needs deporting.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Did it look like any of these?

No, I don't see it on there. I tried googling it, and came up with nothing. It's probably some ROP gang patch. The kid was about 20 years old, had his black baseball style hat on like a "rapper" and looked like he wanted to be from the "hood". The patch was almost square and black, it had that sword I posted in the middle of it and there was arabic writting above it and below it.

Needless to say, I don't think I'll be stopping there again. First time there and it will be the last. Just in case any of my dollars supporting something bad, I won't be stopping there again.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

THE SWORD OF ISLAM

Sounds like your gas jockey needs deporting.

I googled that picture. I didn't read the site, I just saw what looked like the sword and posted it here.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#11]
It means that you need to wear your "infidel" T-shirt the next time you go in there.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:28:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
maybe it was the arabic assassin?

www.soundclick.com/pro/default.cfm?BandID=351031&content=bandInfo

give our good buddy  Bassam Khalaf a call perhaps?

Phone: edited but its on his website.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Probably something to do with beheadings.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
maybe it was the arabic assassin?

www.soundclick.com/pro/default.cfm?BandID=351031&content=bandInfo

give our good buddy  Bassam Khalaf a call perhaps?

Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX

No posting of phone numbers!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:32:31 PM EDT
[#16]

It means, "Pulled pork not served here."
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#17]
The sword is a scimitar... the weapon associated with Arabs for centuries.

Modern usage of the symbol in the context you mentioned is most likely not a friendly thing.

Then again, I'm biased.  

Dont give them any more money.

- BG
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:44:26 PM EDT
[#18]
It looked like this flag in the background, but it had a sword in the middle of it...

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Saudi flag

...but thing you described had cicken-scratch above and below the sword.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:22:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Saudi flag
www.fpa2.org/quizmac/GD/2003/Saudi_flag.gif

Correct. It wasn't the saudi flag. And the sword looked different.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:33:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I think its the arabic symbol for "Don't buy a Slurpee from this man."

Kick me?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:58:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Saudi flag
www.fpa2.org/quizmac/GD/2003/Saudi_flag.gif

Just fyi, the Arabic translates to "There is no God but Allah and Mohammed is his prophet."  This is the Shahadah, the Islamic creed and one of the five pillars of Islam.  In order to convert to Islam, all you have to do is say the Shahadah in Arabic in front of two other Muslims.  

If you're ever captured by Islamofacists and are about to be beheaded, try saying the Shahada.  Mohammed once chastised one of his followers for killing a man who was saying the Shahada, and doing so is contrary to the Hadith, Islamic customary law.  Probably won't get you off the hook, but at least when the video shows up on the Internet it can be used as good propaganda for our side.

Sounds like this:  Laa'ilaaha'illaa llaaha wa Muhammadun rasoolu llaahi.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Was he a shriner?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:49:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Lemme guess - you're near Dearborn?

Sounds like a variant of a Hamas banner, to me. Officially a terrorist org. Either he means it, or he's trying to draw some harassment. Either way contact the FBI or Homelad Security and tell'em you've got a live one for them. Get that motherfucker out of the country.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:59:10 PM EDT
[#25]
All the Islamic symbols have basically meant the same thing since 9-11-01................................................

"WE'RE ALL MENTALLY UNSTABLE, NOW KILL ME BEFORE I EXPLODE OR DO SOMETHING STUPID TO BECOME A MARTYR!"
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:59:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Too bad their stupid book didnt tell them they have to only use swords to kill us!

I dont understand these people. What benifit do they get out of blowing themselves up? It just shows how insane they are. Atleast have a fucking goal or purpose. Killing innocent people will get them no where. Rob a bank, steal cars, sell drugs or something that atleast has a motivation to make your situation better. Why not just chill out and enjoy life? I am completely clueless about these bastards
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:11:19 PM EDT
[#27]
It means poison the Infidels with liquor, and then chop of their heads once they are drunk.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:26:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Sooo, I'm guess its not a sign that means "Ask me about our back bacon sandwiches!"

Or, it means he slices ham at his other job....
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:30:59 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Was he a shriner? www.bucklesofestes.com/images/Mason-Shrine/CJ1005.jpg

Damn terrorist
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:44:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#31]
lippo, how about going to this site and sending it in...

tips.fbi.gov/

it's just a notification to the fbi so they can look into this guy and see what's up. you're not accusing him of being a terr or anything like that. but who the hell knows nowadays, this guy could be a not too smart member of a cell being built up here or might now of such activity. or he could be a working stiff and the patch says "death to jihadis who pervert the word of god". fact is no one knows til the feebs can check it out.

would i be unfair to say it's your duty to report this?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#32]
This is clearly a religious topic.

But it ins't Christian...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................................

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#33]
In all fairness, this thread should be moved to the religion forum.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:52:53 AM EDT
[#34]
religion bashing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top