Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2005 3:18:32 PM EDT
So I had a bottle of "Possible Side Affects", but it fell out of the fridge and smashed a week or so ago......last weekend I picked up a replacement...this time something called "Nothing Beyond".

It's pretty damn hot.
Doubt its the hottest thing in the world, but it is pretty crazy.

Label rates it at 4,000,000 SHU (scoville heat units)
Its red savina habanero...has a pretty good flavor, and a few drops in a big bowl of chili was just intense. I used maybe 1/10 of a tea spoon in a large bowl of beef chili and my insides were all messed up for like 12 hours.

What kind of crazy hot sauces are you into?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:21:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I have some Dave's special reserve. Whoa mamma.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:21:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I like almost every kind of hot sauce.  Where did u get "Nothing Beyond" and who makes it?  I have never heard of it.  Here is a pic of my collection.  It has grown since i took this pic.  I am in the process of building a 2nd shelf.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:30:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I've only tried the Dave's Insanity Sauce.  It's handy for adding spiciness to dishes but I dont particularly like the flavor.

There's a Mexican hot sauce called something like Yucatan Sunshine that's made from habaneros that is really good.  It's milder, meant to be splashed on individual portions like Tobasco.  But it tastes way better than Tabasco.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I like almost every kind of hot sauce.  Where did u get "Nothing Beyond" and who makes it?  I have never heard of it.  Here is a pic of my collection.  It has grown since i took this pic.  I am in the process of building a 2nd shelf.

i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/Anteverius/hotshelf2.jpg

Nice collection.....

Here is the website for the place I go..... www.suziehotsauce.com/

Looks like you can buy online from them.
If you have any issues finding the stuff IM me and I could scoop it up and ship it to you (the place is about 20 minutes from me)

Here is the exact stuff...

Z--nothing beyond... $9.95

WARNING-4 MILLION SHU--AWARD WINNING HOT SAUCE--Vinegar, Habanero Peppers, Pepper Extract, tomatoes, mustard, papaya, guava, pineapple, banana, water, sugar, passion fruit juice, guava juice. "It won't kill you but you'll wish it did! One of the best tasting extreme hot sauces we've ever tasted!

And some other things they sell.....

BBQ Sauce
Beverages
Cajun
Chili Fixins
Condiments
Dips & Sauces
Dried Crushed Powdered Chile
EXTRACT
Horseradish
Hot Sauces
Jerk & Marinade
MEXICO
Oriental
Pickles and Pickled Products
Rubs & Seasonings
Salad Dressing
Salsa Snacks
Sweets
Wing Sauces

We tried one of the jerk seasonings last week.....it was awesome.
Great dry rubs as well.

Enjoy
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the info.  i am going to order some tonight.  one more for the stash.  it is fun when people come over and see the collection and immediately say" i want the hottest shit u got".  they usually regret that about 10 minutes later
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:38:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Antevirus - Nice start.    I have a couple dozen in my primary wall rack, another 2 dozen in the wife's china cabinet, a half-dozen in my lazy susan, and another 2 dozen or so in the fridge.

I prefer the garlic-heavy sauces.  Jose Goldstein's Roasted Chipotle Garlic is pretty good, so is Bayou Love Potion.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Antevirus - Nice start.    I have a couple dozen in my primary wall rack, another 2 dozen in the wife's china cabinet, a half-dozen in my lazy susan, and another 2 dozen or so in the fridge.

www.kdraut.com/photo/photo.php?file=/hot_stuff/_res/res_lazy.jpg

I prefer the garlic-heavy sauces.  Jose Goldstein's Roasted Chipotle Garlic is pretty good, so is Bayou Love Potion.

i will have to take a new pic of the current collection.  it is growing.  i like that shelf.  did u build it?  
i built mine, but it is kinda ghetto.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.kdraut.com/photo/photo.php?file=/hot_stuff/_res/res_lazy.jpg

i will have to take a new pic of the current collection.  it is growing.  i like that shelf.  did u build it?  
i built mine, but it is kinda ghetto.  

I built it, I also sell them at Dave's Pepper Palace.  That one is 37"x32" and holds 48 bottles, plus whatever you put on top.  I also build smaller tabletop racks that hold b otlles.  I'll dig up a pic later.  I built a shot glass rack for Grywlf52 that was the same size as my hot sauce rack, but had more shelves.   Shoot me an IM if you are interested in one.

Also, if you like hot stuff, Texas Pepper Jelly has a discount for ARFCOM'ers right now.  Just enter ARFCOM in the discount code box on the order form for 10% off.

Kirk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top