Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2005 12:51:59 PM EDT
I found this on Lightfighter.net originally, the read the complete blog it was posted on.  Great stuff, from someone who is in the thick of it.

......The Yarmuk traffic circle is fantastically dangerous. On the first mission I ran in Mosul, we lost two soldiers and an interpreter, all killed by a car bomb. Others were horribly burned, scarred for life. Many of our wounded and killed soldiers got it right here, or in the immediate vicinity. The ISF takes serious losses in this part of town. But it's not entirely one-sided-- the Deuce Four has killed well over 150 terrorists in this neighborhood in the past 10 months. But almost none of those made the news, and those that did had a few key details missing.

Like the time when some ISF were driving and got blasted by an IED, causing numerous casualties and preventing them from recovering the vehicle. The terrorists came out and did their rifle-pumping-in-the-air thing, shooting AKs, dancing around like monkeys. Videos went ‘round the world, making it appear the terrorists were running Mosul, which was pretty much what was being reported at the time.

But that wasn't the whole story. In the Yarmuk neighborhood, only terrorists openly carry AK-47s. The lawyers call this Hostile Intent. The soldiers call this Dead Man Walking.

Deuce Four is an overwhelmingly aggressive and effective unit, and they believe the best defense is a dead enemy. They are constantly thinking up innovative, unique, and effective ways to kill or capture the enemy; proactive not reactive. They planned an operation with snipers, making it appear that an ISF vehicle had been attacked, complete with explosives and flash-bang grenades to simulate the IED. The simulated casualty evacuation of sand dummies completed the ruse.

The Deuce Four soldiers left quickly with the "casualties," "abandoning" the burning truck in the traffic circle. The enemy took the bait. Terrorists came out and started with the AK-rifle-monkey-pump, shooting into the truck, their own video crews capturing the moment of glory. That's when the American snipers opened fire and killed everybody with a weapon. Until now, only insiders knew about the AK-monkey-pumpers smack-down......

Link to original blog.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Good stuff.    
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I found this on Lightfighter.net originally, the read the complete blog it was posted on.  Great stuff, from someone who is in the thick of it.

The Deuce Four soldiers left quickly with the "casualties," "abandoning" the burning truck in the traffic circle. The enemy took the bait. Terrorists came out and started with the AK-rifle-monkey-pump, shooting into the truck, their own video crews capturing the moment of glory. That's when the American snipers opened fire and killed everybody with a weapon. Until now, only insiders knew about the AK-monkey-pumpers smack-down......

Link to original blog.

Lifes hard, its harder if your stupid.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#3]
This post just brightened up my day!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:03:13 PM EDT
[#4]

ATTN Hollywood:
the AK-monkey-pumpers smack-down

don't f*$k it up!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#5]

they believe the best defense is a dead enemy. They are constantly thinking up innovative, unique, and effective ways to kill or capture the enemy; proactive not reactive.

Edited for punctuation
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn.
Just, DAMN.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:23:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Only thing that would make that any better is a direct download link for that video.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:34:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Get some....
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:40:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Brilliant!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:45:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Only thing that would make that any better is a direct download link for that video.

x 1,000,000
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#11]
hell yeah.  those terrorists, insurgents, etc... are fucking retards.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Wolverines!

Good.  I love this kind of stuff.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:52:35 PM EDT
[#13]
AK Monkey Humpers would be more appropriate.

Git some!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Good news...indeed

Taffy
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:57:35 PM EDT
[#15]

That made my day.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Not much i can add ..other than   HELL YEA!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:01:23 PM EDT
[#17]
F'in ehhhh!

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Gotta love it.....
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

That made my day.

Me too.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:07:44 PM EDT
[#20]
So, to the point - how can we help them?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:15:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Good post. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#22]
It aint sportin to bait 'em.  

Naaah! Nevermind...GET SOME MORE!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top