Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/11/2005 12:28:00 PM EDT
Back in June, I got married to a wonderful woman and found out just how good marriage can be.  However, there are still some unresolved issues with her father.  Nothing too earth shattering, but he's got a bad case of "Nobody is good enough for my little girl."  I've tried to have civilized disscussions with him, but it invaribly turns toward personal attacks on me.  One time he told me that if I didn't get a better job, I should invest in a shopping cart to push my possessions around in.  Suffice to say I'm a long way from the poor house and my wife and I live very comfortably for newlyweds.  What can I do to get his head out of his ass and still get sex from the wife?

"Life is a laugh and death is a joke."
            -Monty Python
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Best thing you can do is live good. Pisses them off to no end.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#2]
ignore him.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:29:44 PM EDT
[#3]
STFU and take it!

It's his damn daughter and he has the right to chew your ass

At least for the first year or two

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Get her pregnant.  Once there's a grandkid on the way, they get much nicer.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:30:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I have talked to my Father-in-Law twice since 1989
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:31:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

and when she is pregnant you can tell him, "You do know how she got that way dont you"
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:31:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Mine has never spoken to me once even. Not once.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:32:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I had minor problems with my MIL. (I was not the only one). I finally decided to be as syrupy sweet to her as I could, if only as an exercise in will. It worked- drove her to distraction. Scary thing is I see elements of her in #1 Daughter's personality. Too a very minor degree, thank God.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#9]
That's too bad.

I have a great relationship with my in-laws.

Maybe it's cause they're Liberals?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:34:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Show him your "O" face.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and when she is pregnant you can tell him, "You do know how she got that way dont youI don't know how she got pregnant, I only do her in the pooper"

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I had minor problems with my MIL. (I was not the only one). I finally decided to be as syrupy sweet to her as I could, if only as an exercise in will. It worked- drove her to distraction. Scary thing is I see elements of her in #1 Daughter's personality. Too a very minor degree, thank God.

This works very well on women. It only works on some men though. Be careful as you may be thought of as a bit of a fruit.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#13]
This is your first post here...  yep, you don't have enough gun experience...  Buy a couple ARs, a few AKs, a FAL or three, perhaps some handguns, MGs, and tons of ammo...

Your inlaws will love you  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:37:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Get caught balls-deep in his daughter.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
STFU and take it!

Sgatr15

I wouldn't. When I got married I became completely responsible for my wife. If he isn't paying my bills he can shut the fuck up. If he doesn't like it he can leave.

No discussion.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn How do you rate

Just remember the only difference between "Inlaws" and "Outlaws", is that Outlaws are wanted
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm lucky.
I met my wife's coke-addicted, alcoholic,  womanizing father on our wedding day.

He went back to Kalifornistan the next day. 2 years later, they found him dead in his appartment.

We said maybe 5 words to each other that day.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Show him your "O" face.

Better yet, show him what her "O" face looks like.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I agree with knocking her up.  Mine has been great since the rugrat came around.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:43:26 PM EDT
[#20]
1 post and this?

Could it be the return or rerun of a banned perso?

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:43:50 PM EDT
[#21]
wow, mellow first post.    My new inlaws are piss-poor too.  Welcome to the club!  (you'll learn to just ignore it)
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn How do you rate

Just remember the only difference between "Inlaws" and "Outlaws", is that Outlaws are wanted

He thinks I'm just Italian trash and involved in organized crime.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm so glad I get along great with my in-laws.

Your question doesn't seem to match your topic.  Do you want to piss him off or bring him around?

If I wanted to piss off my FIL, I could tell him that I had sex with his daughter on the second date, and less than a half-hour before I met him for the first time.  

But I like him, so I think I'll refrain from mentioning that little detail.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Next time he comes over, "accidentally" leave a half empty jar of "anal lube" in plain sight.

That should shut him up about his "little girl"  

(disclaimer - I mean absolutely no offense to your lovely wife. I am not insinuating anything!)
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:50:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Are we related? (from the Italian remark not the trash one)
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:50:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:51:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are we related? (from the Italian remark not the trash one)

You got a famous uncle named Joey?  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#28]
All great ideas guys...and no I'm not a returning banned person.  I like the one about showing him her "oh" face.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:56:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Repeat after me..."Oh Mr (Fill-in-the-blank), if you only knew what I'm gonna do to your daughter tonight!"
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:58:25 PM EDT
[#30]
YES!!! Damn right!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Best thing you can do is live good. Pisses them off to no end.

Yep. And play him a recording of her achieving multiple orgasims.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#32]
This is pretty common actually.  He is jealous and in one way correct:  No man is good enough for his little girl.  

Lots of good advice here already.  I recommend avoiding him as much as possible; strive for success and wealth 'cause that will make your bride and her momma happy and The Old Guy envious, and although I don't recommend a kid right away, he will change once the baby arrives.

On a cautionary note:  It is usually bad form to get too rowdy with her dad.  You might want to talk it over gently with your bride and let HER brace him on this.   He is still her dad and she is still his loyal daughter.  It will take some time for you to completely replace him as her primary male support figure.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:13:04 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
STFU and take it!

Sgatr15

I wouldn't. When I got married I became completely responsible for my wife. If he isn't paying my bills he can shut the fuck up. If he doesn't like it he can leave.

No discussion.

she is only your wife till you get divorced, then she is your ex wife the rest of your life, she will always be his daughter
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#34]
So you are suggesting that he ignore and disrepect the one man that love the woman as much as him?

the one man that can probably help him out more over the next 55-60 years than anyone else?

Ooooooooooooooooooookay...............

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:17:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Stick it in her pooper, take video, show it on Thanksgiving day.

While he's perusing vids of his daughter being entered from the rear, you can slap him on the back and say, " Aww man, check that shit out! You taught her well! Thanks dad!".

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:24:19 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This works very well on women. It only works on some men though. Be careful as you may be thought of as a bit of a fruit.

Yeah, change syrupy sweet to impeccably polite. Or not, maybe. Start to simper around the place when he's there. Yeah, then he'll REALLY have something to worry about.

I like it. I like it. Google "Metrosexual." Actually, there's something else out there now beyond metrosexual. Can't remember the term, but you get my drift.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:24:26 PM EDT
[#37]
My father told me about this time my maternal gradfather was giving my dad hell.   My father calmly told him "Well you know what?  We are leaving, we are going to drive home and when we get there I'm going to FUCK YOUR DAUGHTER"  

He said that got the point across and damn near gave the old man a heartastroke.

The last words I said to my prospective FIL were "I will celebrate the day I get to piss on your grave"  and I fucking mean it.  I don't intend to have a FIL, I'll make sure he dies of natural causes before I marry his daughter (he's 73, not too long to go).
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#38]
My father in law is fine......its my mother in law
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:29:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Just dont make a situation where she has to chose...that never is a good idea
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:30:13 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
STFU and take it!

Sgatr15

No discussion.

she is only your wife till you get divorced, then she is your ex wife the rest of your life, she will always be his daughter

I will refer you to the "unless he is paying my bills" line.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Back in June, I got married to a wonderful woman and found out just how good marriage can be.  However, there are still some unresolved issues with her father.  Nothing too earth shattering, but he's got a bad case of "Nobody is good enough for my little girl."  I've tried to have civilized disscussions with him, but it invaribly turns toward personal attacks on me.  One time he told me that if I didn't get a better job, I should invest in a shopping cart to push my possessions around in.  Suffice to say I'm a long way from the poor house and my wife and I live very comfortably for newlyweds.  What can I do to get his head out of his ass and still get sex from the wife?

"Life is a laugh and death is a joke."
            -Monty Python

He'll gradually come to accept you and the fact that his "little girl" is no longer little, over a period of time. I suggest you hang out with him and do a lot of activities with him. After a while he'll bond to you and think of you as a son.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#42]
ITS NOT HIS BUSINESS...WHAT HIS DAUGHTER DOES AS LONG AS SHE IS OF SOUND MIND.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Avoid him, provide for your family.  Pissing him off may sound like fun in theory (and may well be fun in practice), but nothing good can come of it.  Don't burn any bridges unless you absolutely have to.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:28:40 PM EDT
[#44]
All right here is a no shitter for you.  I wasn't married to her yet, but when my wife and I first hooked up, her dad treied to have me thrown in the BRIG!!!  OK, OK, I'll let on more than that.  I was seperated from the X-wife, and hooked up with my wife now, and he was SO pissed that I was still "legally"  married he called my chain of command.  Almost worked too.  I had to stash my wife in OR, so noone knew where she was.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#45]
1. go get shopping cart
2. place your guns and other belongings in it
3. get some camping gear
4. push cart over to his house and "camp"
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#46]
It's simple.  Next time he starts his shit draw down on him.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#47]
How about this.  Invite him out fishing or something father/son'ish and then say something along the lines 'I cant wait to do this with my own son one day, care to join us when we do?'  He just dislikes you because you took his daughter away from him, but if you make room in your lives for him I sure that you can win him over and make a friend.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
STFU and take it!

Sgatr15

Listen to the Sarge on this one.  He has it cyphered 110%.
But you don't have to pay attention to her father.  He will
come to accept you, or not.  But you still don't have to
pay attention.

DanM (BTDT)
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#49]
It doesn't pay to piss 'em off. Your wife is probably on good terms with him, and it's not like she's avoiding him. If you make it a pissing match between you and him for her affection it will just create all sorts of unneccesary drama.

Be polite in the interests of domestic tranqulity. We all have to do unpleasant jobs once in a while.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#50]

You mean you're not?  Ahh, fahgetaboutit.

I'm lucky in that my in-laws and I get along famously.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top