Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2005 9:18:52 AM EDT
My GFs kid got into med school and she wants a Yorkie pup.  I have known her for several years now and is a real good kid.  When I was going under in the kayak, she came over to help when others were laughing their asses off.  She also calls me her stepdad even though her mom and I are not married.   So she has a soft spot in my heart.  I also want to reward her for working so hard.  This little girl will not stop once she into something.  She was beaned with a softball that broke 2 fingers and she still played.  She studys until she gets nose bleeds.

Anyway, where can I get a decent Yorkie pup without selling one of my testicles?  The ones online are like $1000-3500.  I just need a pet for less the $500.  

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Got an atf badge and a list of yorkie owners?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:22:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I am sure that she is a great kid, but these days if someone is gettign nosebleeds from studying there is a decent chance it is from snorting some type of speed (most commonly Ritalin, Adderal, Dexadrine etc) or coke. VERY common, especially among the type A overacheivers.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:29:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Riddle me this....

How is one who just got into med school have time to properly raise and care for a puppy ?

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:29:50 AM EDT
[#4]
You might consider Yorkie Rescue.

- CD
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:34:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Lets apply a little ARf translation:

My GFs kid got into med school and sheI wants a Yorkie pup because I'm afraid of a real dog.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#6]
speaking as a medical student, she has NO time in hell for a puppy... Tell her to wait until she gets through her first year before she decides to raise another living thing...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:51:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Try petfinder.com.   They have LOTS of animals (pure breds too!) up for adoption.  You can narrow the search by breed/ age/ gender/ your zip code...

My mom got 2 beautiful pure breds there last year... a pomeranian and a Japenese Spitz.  

They need a hooooome.  

Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:55:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Where are ya, I just got a wondeful male for 500. But, truly if she is starting MED school how will she have time to care for a dog.  Especially a toy breed like the Yorkie.  Just my 2 cents, your YMMV.  Regards, Jeff
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#9]
You might want to check out a local animal shelter, or rescue group.

The dogs are incredibly inexpensive, and have all their shots, papers, "fixing", etc.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Yorkies are great little dogs. I have 2 of them.

No, they aren't going to guard anything, but they are easy to control and about perfect for a suburban environment.

They are kind of expensive, however, as lots of folks like small Yorkies. Good AKC breeders don't come cheap, but their dogs are high quality.

Yorkies can be stubborn, however, so be prepared. Maltese are also good dogs....
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:34:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Riddle me this....

How is one who just got into med school have time to properly raise and care for a puppy ?

I agree. I just got my first pup a month ago. An 8 week old Black Lab. It is a major responsibility and alot of time and patience. No shit. I am glad that I work out of the house, or else I probably would'nt have gotten a dog.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

He's not looking to SHOOT yorkies!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#13]
My wife just got one and he is a holy terror! Cute as hell, but a 6# terrorist I tell you!

She got him from a breeder in Texas. His tail wasn't docked so he sent her the dog for just under $500. He's not the 3 pound toy type pup either. He's a little bigger, but the breeder has the toy ones as well. I believe she got it off of puppyfind.com from Big Oaks Ranch 903 517-9576. We had nothing but good dealings with this breeder. Very professional.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:17:50 AM EDT
[#14]
I hate those dogs with a passion.

They think they're so hard when it's just a small pile of bones.

Humans that act that way are annoying so why would a dog be any different.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, he can just taze it and run away with it.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:53:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, he can just taze it and run away with it.  

Or cut the top of its jeep off...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Where are ya, I just got a wondeful male for 500. But, truly if she is starting MED school how will she have time to care for a dog.  Especially a toy breed like the Yorkie.  Just my 2 cents, your YMMV.  Regards, Jeff

Thats what her mom said.  So she will just have to deal with the hamster habitat thing that I going to get her.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:55:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Seriously she is good kid.  No evidence of drug use or anything like that.  She is very conservative.  Hunted deer with her grandfather until he passed.  The only bad thing so far is she chews up boys like no tomorrow.  A real heartbreaker.  She wouldnt give LT the time of day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top