Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 5:20:21 AM EDT
Mine was Lajus Field in the Azores.  Locals hated us, total isolation, woman were all strict Catholics.  All there was to do was drink.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:26:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Holloman AFB, New Mexico.

Spent 5 years there. Not a bad place, had a lot of fun. Went TDY to Vegas at least once a year. No matter how hot the place got you could always head up into the mountains to get away from it all.

So I guess I never really been stationed (PCS) anywhere too bad.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:28:45 AM EDT
[#2]
The Azores was pretty bad,needed some super glue to fix a torn prop de-ice boot and had to have it flown in from Rota.The AF guys didn't have any so I ask them if there is a hardware store or something like it that might have glue.They told us super glue technology had not reached these people yet.On a side note they had they best wine I have ever tasted.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:32:10 AM EDT
[#3]
"Planet" Ord - what a dump of a post.  That and 29 stumps.

But, San Clemente Island was very nice. Callin in 8 inch navy guns at the goats. Watching parachute rip off the flares and the flares bounce down range. Got a good tan too......

Sua Sponte,
Prib
13F (Fwd Obsvr)
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:33:08 AM EDT
[#4]
The Azores was pretty bad,needed some super glue to fix a torn prop de-ice boot and had to have it flown in from Rota.The AF guys didn't have any so I ask them if there is a hardware store or something like it that might have glue.They told us super glue technology had not reached these people yet.On a side note they had they best wine I have ever tasted.

Cheap wine and booze was the only thing that place had going for it.  I was with the USAF Security Police, and our jail was always full.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:34:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Fort Polk, Louisiana.  I did FOUR F***ing years there. There is nothing redeeming about Leesville or Fort Polk. The nearest mall is an hour away. Every carnal knowledge case I prosecuted happened at the Super WalMart because, in the immortal words of the 14yo sluts, "it's open 24/7, there's no cover charge, and there's no minimum age to enter." The nicest restaurant in town is "Catfish Junction" where you throw your peanut shells on the ground. The largest chain restaurant is Pizza Slut. They have the insects that God forgot. My landlord wouldn't let me buy and install AT MY OWN EXPENSE a dishwasher in our house because dishwashers are too, and I quote, NEWFANGLED. To take care of the grass, he suggested I get a goat instead of a lawnmower. I hated it I hated it I hated it I hated it I hated it I hated it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:36:39 AM EDT
[#6]
It is a tie -

29 palms CA

and

Okinawa, Japan
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:38:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Ft. Bliss, TX, 03 JUN 84 - 28 AUG 84 for Basic Training and AIT (One Station Unit Training, a.k.a. OSUT).  If I never go back to El Paso in my life that'll be fine with me.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:39:52 AM EDT
[#8]
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times" - Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities

Diego Garcia - Thank God I was Aircrew on a P3 and could get off the rock after a week or so.  Beautiful beaches, cheap hot beer, Coconut crabs, It was so boring that we went back to work just to have something to do in our off time.

TDY's that sucked - Djibouti & Muscat, Oman.  An interesting experience that I'd rather not repeat.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:39:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I was only ever really 'stationed' at one place (Ft Campbell) and it wasn't all that bad.

However, the annual rotation through JRTC (Ft Polk) sucked, because Fort Polk sucks.

I was also deployed to KSA at Eskan Village for 5-6 months. That sucked, because there just wasn't a whole lot to do there. Chow hall was good though. It could've been worse; I could've been at PSAB.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:51:34 AM EDT
[#10]
One more vote for 29 Palms, CA.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:15:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Rota, Spain kinda sucked.  Not near as bad as some of the other places I hear about.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:31:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
However, the annual rotation through JRTC (Ft Polk) sucked, because Fort Polk sucks.

Thank god I never had to go to JRTC.  I can only imagine the extent to which Ft. Polk would suck.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:38:48 AM EDT
[#13]
127 days down, appox 238 more until I leave Kunsan AB, ROK for Tyndall AFB, FL.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:59:29 AM EDT
[#14]
BTT for a pretty good thread
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:02:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:09:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Minot A.F.B.,North Dakota
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Every place I was stationed at was excellent.
I never had a bad duty station.

Point Mugu, CA
Whidbey Island, WA
Point Mugu, CA
Christchurch, New Zealand
Antarctica
San Diego
Oklahoma City
Whidbey Island

The worst places I went TAD to:

NAS Oceana.
FUCK THE EAST COAST, HEAT AND HUMIDITY SUCK

NAS KEY WEST.
FUCK THE EAST COAST, HEAT, HUMIDITY, THE QUEERS AND THE BUGS ARE SHITTY

NAS ROSEVELT ROADS
FUCK PURTO RICO, FUCK HEAT AND HUMIDITY, FUCK THE MI-MI BUGS

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:14:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Saginaw, Michigan

recruiting duty

i felt like everyday was the equivalent of fighting a revolver out of my own mouth, I hated that job so much

I can deal with bugs, sun, cold, mud, snow, bullets, bombs, idiots... just don't give me any fuggin paperwork.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
It is a tie -

29 palms CA

and

Okinawa, Japan

Fuji is worse than both.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:16:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Eastern Europe.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:22:34 PM EDT
[#21]
NAS Meridian Mississippi
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:25:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Ft. Polk would have to be the worst, I guess.  But in a twisted kind of way, Polk was sometimes kind of fun.

Like feeding the alligators those breakfast sausages that nobody ever ate.  We used to always have mermites full of those.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:30:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Fort Polk, Louisiana.  I did FOUR F***ing years there. There is nothing redeeming about Leesville or Fort Polk. The nearest mall is an hour away. Every carnal knowledge case I prosecuted happened at the Super WalMart because, in the immortal words of the 14yo sluts, "it's open 24/7, there's no cover charge, and there's no minimum age to enter." The nicest restaurant in town is "Catfish Junction" where you throw your peanut shells on the ground. The largest chain restaurant is Pizza Slut. They have the insects that God forgot. My landlord wouldn't let me buy and install AT MY OWN EXPENSE a dishwasher in our house because dishwashers are too, and I quote, NEWFANGLED. To take care of the grass, he suggested I get a goat instead of a lawnmower. I hated it I hated it I hated it I hated it I hated it I hated it.

+1

One of my best friends was stationed at Fort Polk and this sounds just like him--even the quotes about Walmart. Everyone who served at Fort Polk deserves compensation from God. Right now.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:19:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Sheppard AFB, TX.  Texas sucks.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:32:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I was never staioned there but an E-6 Corpsman on my ship was stationed on Iwo Jima..............................He said it was almost as bad as Tok Alaska!!!!..................man I was glad I was a muzzle fucker!!.............Fricken Loran C staion were the pits!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Sheppard AFB, TX.  Texas sucks.

Stationed twice at Ft Benning and three years in Germany.  The only place that was bad news was Phenix City, Alabama.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#27]
tag
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:19:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Tiger Island, Honduras. 38 days on that shit-stain.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:39:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Baumholder, GE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top