Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2001 5:34:37 PM EDT
OK, I love my contender in .218bee, but I need some help with shooting it.  Off hand I can do just fine on rock chucks out to about 60yds, past that???  I tried resting it on my knees, works for close range, not for 100yds.  I tried, and I forget the name, prone, on my back resting on my leg.  But, I had a hard time finding a flat spot on a hill side to make it work.  I was shooting down hill and to the right.  What do you T/C shooters do?rest?  I would rather not put a bipod on it.  I like its compactness with the 10".  And I know, practice!Thanks,
   guns762
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#1]
The position is called Creedmore. Has always seemed to spastic and/or unsafe to me. (HOT BBL HOT BBL HOT BBL---MUZZLE OUCH BLAST)
If you don't want to use a bipod take a look at the walking stick/shooting rest combos. A sling will help also. (pulls up tight on extension)
Go to Fox Ridge Outfitters to see the above acc's.
I shoot 223,30-30, and 308 TC's but just off the bench with bipod or bags.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 7:15:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I go with shooting sticks! They are infinetly adjustable... I do a lot of practicing from realistic positions....aint no cement beches in the woods... stick will work prone, sitting, and standing if there big enough....

I have a pair that break down like a tent pole with elastic inside. I think I got the from eith fox ridge or cabellas. There slick. Check them out.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 8:34:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, I'll look into the shooting sticks idea.  
guns762
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top