Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 11:25:03 PM EDT
And worse yet, some members defending having them there.

Am I the only one that finds this irritating?
I don't post threads about firearms in the airsoft threads, why do people insist on shitting airsoft threads or threads about airsoft equipment into the AR tech Discussions?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=246169

Edited to clarify
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:28:23 PM EDT
[#1]
*runs over to the AR side to take a look*
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:34:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Meh, I play and could really care less what people think.....
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:36:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:37:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You miss my point. It's just not the place for it.
I could give a damn what people do in their spare time.

I guess I am the only one that finds this irritating.
Maybe it's time to move on and leave the AR15.COM AR discussions forum to the airsofters.

Edited to clarify.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah just saw that... Sorry half asleep.....  But it so so was.....In a way.... For the rails on his AR....
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:40:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:42:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Airsoft sucks! U R teh ghey for playing!! j/k.

Hopefully all these Airsoft people become more interested in real guns such as yourself. Then we can get some of these liberal gun laws repealed. OK. I gotta drive home now.

Kris
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:24:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I don't post threads about firearms in the airsoft threads, why do people insist on shitting airsoft threads into the AR tech Discussions?

The thread in question starts with someone saying that a Non-critical part used in AIRSOFT might actually be workable on the real thing, or maybe that it's just a novel idea.

That's a far stretch from talking airsoft tactics, or supporting the activity.

You're being a god damned 12 year old about it, and so is this board when it comes to airsoft. I don't play, I never have, but I keep defending it because 99 times out of 100 the offending mention of airsoft is not a conflict with our hobby, and usually has to do with the gear that they use, or the accessories.

I've seen people mention movies in the AR section, when referencing a particular gun. Is that offending to you? Why not bellyache like a girl because people are talking movies in the tech section??

Grow a set, ignore the threads that offend you. Jesus H. Christ.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:39:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That a fuckin FAMAS?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:47:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:49:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't post threads about firearms in the airsoft threads, why do people insist on shitting airsoft threads into the AR tech Discussions?

The thread in question starts with someone saying that a Non-critical part used in AIRSOFT might actually be workable on the real thing, or maybe that it's just a novel idea.

That's a far stretch from talking airsoft tactics, or supporting the activity.

You're being a god damned 12 year old about it, and so is this board when it comes to airsoft. I don't play, I never have, but I keep defending it because 99 times out of 100 the offending mention of airsoft is not a conflict with our hobby, and usually has to do with the gear that they use, or the accessories.

I've seen people mention movies in the AR section, when referencing a particular gun. Is that offending to you? Why not bellyache like a girl because people are talking movies in the tech section??

Grow a set, ignore the threads that offend you. Jesus H. Christ.

Swing, I understand what you are saying. But the fact is there are threads like this becoming all to common here. There are very knowledgeable people here (easy, not talking about myself) who put out very good information, then the trolls and brand bashers, and airsofters all jump in and it just becomes a big joke. Yeah movies in the tech forum are not kosher either, but I never said I thought that was a great idea either. You can call me a 12 year old because I say I am irritated that a great firearms forum is turning into a pellet gun and troll infested forum, but by supporting this behaviour it makes you part of the problem.  I think the problem is this site has gotten so big and popular it's out of control. These threads don't offend me, they just decrease the value of this forum as a credible source of information. When airsoft accessories are touted as valid alternatives for use on actual firearms, and it's supported by long-time members such as yourself, then you know it's all going to hell in a handbasket. I'm not saying I am planning on boycotting the forum, that would be childish. The EE is great, the M16 forum stays pretty much on track, and the industry forums and others are still decent.

Just saying that I won't be spending as much time in the AR technical discussions forum. It's just not what it used to be.

If this is what you are looking for, then that's great.
Not my cup of tea.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:56:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:58:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
 See, I don't see anything wrong with airsoft.

How many freaking times do I have to say this?
Airsoft? Fine, if you like it, but not in a firearms technical discussion forum!

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:01:20 AM EDT
[#14]
"Nothing good will come of this"
*points at airsoft banner*
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:02:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Just say God invented airsoft and it will get moved to the religious forum.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:03:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Airsoft? Fine, if you like it, but not in a firearms technical discussion forum!

Next you will tell me that the scope section is where you ask about scopes, instead of GD that is.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:03:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:06:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

I guess I'm just being unreasonable and cantankerous.
I have been accused of that before.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:06:59 AM EDT
[#19]

I don't care for the airsoft threads, but I don't see a problem with the original post.  The handguard rails are plastic and really aren't that critical.  I just don't like seeing the justifying of airsoft in the AR tech forums.  If that is your thing, fine, but take it the war gaming forum.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:18:37 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I posted in that other thread-it's a freaking rail cover, not an optic or sling mount, what difference does it make whether it's made by some chinese airsoft factory?

I think it makes a huge difference.

The thing is this, it is basically saying it's OK to put parts specifically manufactured for an airsoft airgun on an AR. This opens the door for airsoft rails, mounts and other substandard items that basically look the same but are of far less quality. It's bad enough many of the parts look identical you can't tell them apart unless have a brand name on them, or fail under serious use.
It is highly unlikely those rail covers are the same quality as magpul rail covers, for instance.
The worst that will happen is they will fall off, but that's not the point.

The problem with this is a lot of first time AR owners look to the AR discussions for guidance with their new purchases. When purpose made airsoft items are recommended alongside Magpul and other serious equipment, credibility goes down the tubes. Is that what we want?

Aimless, If you really believe that any one piece of airsoft equipment is made to the same standard as quality AR15 components, even if it is just rail covers, and as site staff you do not see a problem with threads about airsoft equipment in the AR tech discussions forum, then I really am at odds with the consensus here.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:19:27 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

I guess I'm just being unreasonable and cantankerous.
I have been accused of that before.

Me too, usually when I am right.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:20:47 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Next you will tell me that the scope section is where you ask about scopes, instead of GD that is.

Sgat1r5

The thing is, if I inadvertently post a thread in an inappropritate place, I don't have a problem with having it moved or members telling me it's in the wrong place. I think they should.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:21:53 AM EDT
[#23]
I agree 100%!!!!!!!

But right now the Christians are invading and they MUST BE STOPPED!!!!!

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#24]
I have authored a pointless thread, plase delete.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:29:21 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Oh the memory of "Operation Lion Clams"

"Dignity was not an option..."
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I have authored a pointless thread, plase delete.

If every pointless thread were deleted from ARFCOM, it would be a very slow place.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#27]
IBTD
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:30:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top