Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2001 5:33:27 PM EDT
I was 12 when my mom borrowed a supposedly "possesed" coffee table from my great aunt.Well,IT WAS!!!Three people can lay hands flat on table touching thumbs and pinky fingers together,and the damn thing would start moving on its own!No SHT!It would spell out answers to questions by rocking up and down on 2 legs.Several times I pushed down on this table until my feet left the grond,everyones hands still on top,and the damn thing held me up!Iam 34 now,and to see this table again would scare the SHT out of me.would like to read your experience.I know most do have real encounters at some time.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 5:35:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Everytime I open a bottle
my body is taken over by spirits.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#3]
[:D]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#4]
My sister lived in what used to be a gas staion when she was at college one year. Someone turned it into a house and well it was haunted. I will tell you a couple experiences while I was staying there one weekend.

We were watching TV one night and all of the sudden the front door slammed which made us both jump and look back. well since It was a small house the kitchen was right next to the front door and part of the living room. When we turned around the microwave started up and then we heard the stairs start. The next morning she took a shower and came running upstairs crying becuase when she went back into her room after she got done showering a shirt, pair of pants, underwear, and a bra were laying on her bed in the way they would look on a person.

She had many other stories, but that's all I was there for.

The next year she moved out and a group of guys she knew moved in (it is a small college town). well one day the ambulence had to come to the house because when one of the boys came home from class he cause a family in the house. they told him to follow him and he did. Into the back yard and into the tin shed. I guess he doesn't remember much of what went on after that, but there were finger nail and teeth marks all over from him trying to get out of the shed. I guess something got him so worked up that he passed out from fatigue. They moved out the next day.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 5:51:13 PM EDT
[#5]
My sister lived in what used to be a gas staion when she was at college one year. Someone turned it into a house and well it was haunted. I will tell you a couple experiences while I was staying there one weekend.

We were watching TV one night and all of the sudden the front door slammed which made us both jump and look back. well since It was a small house the kitchen was right next to the front door and part of the living room. When we turned around the microwave started up and then we heard the stairs start. The next morning she took a shower and came running upstairs crying becuase when she went back into her room after she got done showering a shirt, pair of pants, underwear, and a bra were laying on her bed in the way they would look on a person.

She had many other stories, but that's all I was there for.

The next year she moved out and a group of guys she knew moved in (it is a small college town). well one day the ambulence had to come to the house because when one of the boys came home from class he cause a family in the house. they told him to follow him and he did. Into the back yard and into the tin shed. I guess he doesn't remember much of what went on after that, but there were finger nail and teeth marks all over from him trying to get out of the shed. I guess something got him so worked up that he passed out from fatigue. They moved out the next day.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 6:11:11 PM EDT
[#7]
None personally, but I'm at home by myself reading this crap, and quite frankly you guys are freaking me out.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I pulled guard duty at Dachau [Jewish WW2 prison camp] while stationed in Germany in early 70's
You would run into spots on the grounds that felt like the air was 30 deg. and could see your breath,even though the real temp. would be 80 deg. and sunny out.
You allways had the feeling that someone was watching you,and when you would turn around there wouldnt be any one there.
You could catch a glimpse of someone going around the corner of a building,out of the corner of your eye,and you could run to look around the corner,and there wasn't any one there!
At night in the fog you could see movement of people moving,in lines,till you walked through it ,and again no body home!
They took away live ammo from guards,cause they would start shooting at non existant targets,and were afraid that some unlucky Jew would show up at night,and get shot.
We had black soldiers in our unit that refused to go on guard duty there any more,and would rather get an article 15 than go back there.
Several were awol from guard duty,and had run off part way into their watch rather than stay there.
This was my first experiance with the spirit world,and i am now a firm believer in them.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#9]
my granpa told me about the barking spiders he had in his basement. spooky.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#10]
BOO !!!!
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By The Beer Slayer:
no spooks, but my ex wife was a witch if that counts.
View Quote

AMEN
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I pulled guard duty at Dachau [Jewish WW2 prison camp] while stationed in Germany in early 70's
You would run into spots on the grounds that felt like the air was 30 deg. and could see your breath,even though the real temp. would be 80 deg. and sunny out.
You allways had the feeling that someone was watching you,and when you would turn around there wouldnt be any one there.
You could catch a glimpse of someone going around the corner of a building,out of the corner of your eye,and you could run to look around the corner,and there wasn't any one there!
At night in the fog you could see movement of people moving,in lines,till you walked through it ,and again no body home!
They took away live ammo from guards,cause they would start shooting at non existant targets,and were afraid that some unlucky Jew would show up at night,and get shot.
We had black soldiers in our unit that refused to go on guard duty there any more,and would rather get an article 15 than go back there.
Several were awol from guard duty,and had run off part way into their watch rather than stay there.
This was my first experiance with the spirit world,and i am now a firm believer in them.
View Quote

I was there in the daytime in 1956 and it was
chilling.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I was renovating a huge factory that made tanks and stuff during WW2.  One day I was walking through a dimly lit tunnel.  I saw a figure of a woman with a Aunt Jemima hankerchief thing happenin'.  We passed eachother and I said Hi.  I turned around and she disappeared in a concrete walled tunnel!!  There was a weird smell of perfume your Grandma might wear.  

I asked about the woman on the job site and got blank stares in response.  Eventually I find out the history of this place.  We concluded I must have seen the ghost of a woman who worked there during the war.

We had been in that tunnel countless times.  The only difference was that we had turned on the power the previous day.  We're talking serious juice around this tunnel 4160 volts to be exact.  Maybe ghosts feed of the power? I dunno I never went back in that tunnel without a flashlight.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 7:36:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Ha!

You guys think this is freaky, just listen to all of the "true" stories Art Bell gets from his callers on a "Ghost to Ghost" show. Midnight to 5am, you will get no sleep.

Once was enough for me.

My only dealings in the spirit world are with the Holy one-though when I was a little kid(age 6 or so), I seem to remember being followed by a blank grey mask for a couple months, if that counts. OK, still a little scary to remember, if it ever happened.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#15]
weird stuff.

I have gone to the spook light thing on the ok-mo border a few times with my parents when I was younger. saw it twice. strange stuff it was just this orange glowing thing maybe the size of a basketball that always appeared on this one road, it seemed to hover a foot or so off the ground. everytime one of us would walk towards it, it retreated back up the road. but if you sat for a while it would come toward you for a little bit then fade out. strange strange shit. I can't even put it into words, and this topic honestly brought about the first time I've even thought about it for a long time. maybe I'm repressing my thoughts about it, or it's a mass hallucination at one specific spot, who knows, well maybe some faggy-pants-donates-to-the-dnc type shrink would know but wow it's strange. anyone else seen this one it's kinda famous.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 8:11:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Late 70's, March AFB....A B-52 lost power while in rotation and crashed off the end of the runway, all crew lost except for the tail gunner. The AC purposely steered his acft away from a school not far from the approach end of the runway. I worked in the Alert Facility, people would say that they saw what appeared to be the aircraft commander of the doomed buff wandering around the visitors center, right outside the main entry control point. One evening, while checking doors and making a security check of the VC, I looked through a window into the main lobby and saw a flight suited major sitting at one of the tables with his head bowed. It was late, maybe around 1 or 2am and all crewmembers were supposed to be inside the alert facility. It was a very hot summer night in Riverside, typical for that part of California, maybe in the high 70's low 80's. I walked around to the front and called one of the SP's at the ECP to come over....as he made his way over, a cold breeze went past me, brushing my right shoulder. No more than 5 seconds had passed and the Klaxon went off, waking the entire facility.

This wasn't the last time the AC was seen, maybe it was in our imagination, who knows, but reports of strange occurrences continued until the facility closed and was transferred over to the reserves.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 8:17:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#18]
my guns are possed teach night they beg me to take them to the range and run some ammo thru em
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#19]
To be quite honest, I figured this thread would start with a serious encounter and then denigrate into jokes and wisecracks. Instead you guys are giving me the willies.

When my sister was first born, my grandmother (mother's side) came to live with us for a while. Before she left, she expressed strongly to my mother that my sister ought to go home and be raised by my grandmother. This is a family of strong women but in the end, my mother prevailed. Not long after that, my grandmother passed away suddenly. Shortly after that, my sister who was about 2 years old would ask my mother who the woman was at the edge of the bed. My mother would look and see no one. This sort of thing happened a few times. My sister also slept with my mother and started leaving a space on the edge of the bed. You could try and roll her over onto that spot but she'd avoid it as if someone was there.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 9:57:25 PM EDT
[#20]
We used to have a little dog.Smart as a whip.We had a family room that was lined with 7 foot windows.There was two on a wrap around corner.He liked to sit in that corner and look out the back hard.After he died we noticed that the drapes were always pushed back.we took them down and washed and ironed them.They would eventually spread back apart.We took all of them down and washed and ironed them.Yep same ones on the corner spread back apart.Even though they were diffrent drapes.The room fell into disuse as a family room so I put my weight set in there.One day I was there lifting and took the drape down and stacked 3 44lbs plates on it.I started lifting at the gym and forgot about it.A couple months latter my mom asked me to check trhe furnace in that part of the house.
I saw the drape and hung it back up.Immeadiately it spread back apart!All of this had been over a period of years.In 1993 before I was married I made the faimly room and kitchen into an apartment.The wife and I were going to live there until we found a house we wanted.Well drapes were going to be more than the new drywall at the time so we bought some vertical blinds on clearance.Guess what?The ones in the corner wouldnt stay together right!My wife said can you fix that?I said no.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:04:14 PM EDT
[#21]
I already told this one before but it is my only encounter with the unexplained.

YEARS AGO I worked in a house that was converted into an office. Of course the house had a history, it being that the previous owner was murdered in the master bedroom by some gang members. I got an upstairs room as an office down the hall from the master bedroom.

On a few occasions when I would have to stay late (11+ pm) by myself and would hear whispering coming from the direction of the MB. The wierdest happened during broad daylight while everyone was there.  I was in my office and out of the corner of my eye I saw someone walk by my door and into the office next to mine. Being about 12pm I figured it was the guy I alternated picking up lunch with so I went to go ask where he was going. There was no one in the room. I figured it was nothing AND IT HAPPENED AGAIN 10 minutes later and the lunch guy was downstairs the whole time. After I told him about what happened and the other strange things, he just laughed at me.

Then one day he wasn't laughing anymore and told me what occured. The night before, he forgot something at the office and had to go back to get it.  While he was downstairs, he heard someone run across the room above, WHICH WAS THE MASTER BEDROOM!
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:18:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow, I'm going to have nightmares.  

I had a friend in college, who swore that her house was haunted. It was built next to and over a grave yard.  I thought she was a dubm blonde,, but naturally had to see for myself.  Well I went into the basement, and I had the strangest feeling of something threatening down there.  I walked back up the stairs backwards, because I just could not turn my back on "it".
Later we were watching TV, when a sound started coming out of the heating grates.  It sounded like several babies crying faintly. I Left soon after.   She might have had romance on her mind, but I was thinking escape and evade.  Cowardly, yes, but somehow it scared me more than any armed, live intruder would have.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:34:10 PM EDT
[#23]
When I was 10 my grandfather was in the VA hospital with lung cancer, and it was the night before he died. I was in the living room at their house, waiting for my grandmother to get ready -- we were going to the hospital to visit him. She was upstairs, and I was in the living room. I looked up and my dead great grandmother (my GM's mother) was standing there smiling at me. I saw her plain as day for about a second or two. She had been dead for two years. I freaked and ran upstairs, and told my grandmother about it, she smiled and seemed to cheer up some.

Then when I was 22 I was living in this apartment with my first wife, two years before we had our son. I was asleep, and I felt someone grasp my ankle and shake it, while a little voice said "Daddy, wake up, Daddy..." Scared the piss out of me. A neighbor told me that there was a rumor that one of the previous tenants used to beat and starve her small son, and would lock him in the closet under the stairs to punish him.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 11:45:12 PM EDT
[#24]
When I was 4 to about 8 we lived on New cumberland army depot in harrisburg pa.  We used to always hear someone going up and down the stairs.

One nite, I woke in the middle of the nite and saw someone walk out of my room, past my parents room and into the bathroom.  The next morning my mother was asking who got up and used the bathroom last nite.  I said. Did you see that too?   It wasn't my brother, or my father.  The next nite, same thing. Except this time it went from the top of the stairs, towards my room, then turned into the bathroom again.  No noise, no nuthin of sound from the bathroom.   Again, my mother in the morning asking the same questions and it was no one from our family.   We just looked at each other in awe.

It was rumored that lots of houses on that post were haunted.

Then when I was about 17 I was workin at the officers club on  naval station mayport in florida.  Well me and my buddy would have to work after hours lots of time cleaning up after parties and stuff.  The club would be all locked up and secured and we'd just do our thing.  One nite we were setting up for a party in the dinning room and in the next room over, only seperated by a divider that could open up and make the dinning room larger and include the bar.  We heard the last call bell ring.  Ding ding!!  We looked at each other, ran to the doorway and only found the rope swinging on the bell.  We hurried and finished our work and hauled butt outa there.

The head chef used to stay there late at nite and do paperwork and stuff and she used to always say she had experiences there.  She called it george.

Even when I'd be done work, and walking away from the club, I'd feel like something was watching me.

Another time, we had our friends come up there and play hide and seek.  Yeh we were young and havin fun.  No one else in the club but a few of us goofin off.  Well my buddy was hiding in the kitchen, standing up on a stainless steel table next to a wall of magnets holding all the butcher knives.  He came running out of the kitchen screaming that the knives all the sudden started shaking like crazy and falling off the magnets.  Then another time we were all back at base, remember we're playin hide and seek yeh, and me and the same guy who had the kitchen experience ran from base and hid in one of the smaller party rooms that had a wine seller.  We were hiding under the tables, no one else in the room.  All of the sudden the light in the wine cellar cuts on and we hear someone walkin the steps but nobody is there.  We ran like crazy out of there and that was the last of the hide and seek games.

One other time, me and my friend who worked there with me were taking a break, workin on Sunday by ourselves again and sittin at a table in the main dining room eatin a lil snack.  Well I had a steak knife and was cuttin a slice in the table I was sittin at.  Cuttin and cuttin and cuttin and being the dumb adolesent I was, I went in the kitchen at got a cleaver.  I took maybe two whacks at the table and boom!  The lights and all the power went out and flashed back on.  Scared the crap outa us.  We think it mighta been george saying don't do that to my club.  That place always gave me the willies.  The cleaning guy who used to work graveyard shift even ran outa the club a couple times in the middle of the nite from ghostly experiences.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 1:05:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Oh, and now I gotta get some sleep.  Right.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top