Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2001 5:10:56 PM EDT
This is what I posted to their board after voting YES that CC should be legal.  Didn't want to sound too extremist and be dismissed but still wanted to make a point.  I'd love to see some other postings...

[i]It is, without a doubt, a horrible tragedy when someone is killed.  REGARDLESS of how they were killed.  But, I must ask this:  Do we outlaw motor vehicles when someone dies in a car accident?  Do we ban life saving or life improving medications when someone overdoses on them?  

No, we don't.  

There are enough of these "poster slogans" to more than fill up your website so I'll leave it at that.

The fact of the matter is that, like it or not, we live in a society that is violent.  There are people in this world that prey on the weak and innocent.  As a husband and father I feel it is my most solemn responsibly to protect my family from this element in any way I can.  

I live in a state that does not issue concealed carry permits.  This is very unfortunate and very wrong.  Not just wrong for any constitutional reason, wrong because these degenerate outcasts from society lurk the streets of our neighborhoods, school grounds, and public places.  Like it or not...

Furthermore, because of horrible personal tragedies that have been exploited by the ratings seeking media and politicians seeking election, the gun laws of this state are a horrible mess in general.  And, one fact that never seems to be disputed by these two groups is that these incidents are the EXCEPTION to the rule.

At what point do we, this collective group of irrational and emotional creatures called society, stop reacting to distorted rantings and start addressing this issue intelligently?

In short:
Enact federal concealed carry licensing with mandatory reciprocity between all states.[/i]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#1]
splendid!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top