Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 5:21:40 PM EDT
I finally get to post one of these type threads!

I got a Marlin Camp 9 Carbine, with 30 round mag, for $85 out the door today.

WOOT!

Balming
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Balming, may I ask how you came by this deal?  And, more importantly, can you tell me?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#2]
You dog!!

Congrats!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:29:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is the story:  A man couldn't pay his legal fees to his lawyer, so he gave the lawyer 47 guns.  The lawyer took them to a friends gunshop to dispose of quickly.  I was in the right place at the right time!

The Marlin has no front sight, and someone tried to thread the bbl but didn't finish the job.  No big deal though, I'll probably put a red dot scope I have laying around on it and put some type of flash hider on the bbl.

I also bought 3 dbl bbl 12 guage Savage/Stevens shotguns at a steal!

Balming
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:30:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Here is the story:  A man couldn't pay his legal fees to his lawyer, so he gave the lawyer 47 guns.  The lawyer took them to a friends gunshop to dispose of quickly.  I was in the right place at the right time!

The Marlin has no front sight, and someone tried to thread the bbl but didn't finish the job.  No big deal though, I'll probably put a red dot scope I have laying around on it and put some type of flash hider on the bbl.

I also bought 3 dbl bbl 12 guage Savage/Stevens shotguns at a steal!

Balming

Sounds convincing enough.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:32:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Good DEAL!

Look in the middle of my safe.
(3 camp nines and one in "camp .45"

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a Camp .45.  In fact, I killed my first buck with it.  I have since sold it, though.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey jrzy,

Is there anything I should know about these things besides go out and have fun with it?

The buffer is pretty much gone, so I plan on fabricating one.

Balming
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I got a good deal on a rifle today too, not to threadjack or anything.

My grandmother was going through the family's collection, and found a marlin 1895 in 45-70, new in the box, that my grandfather bought before he passed away.  She sold it to me for $250 today
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:41:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice score adair_usmc!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hey jrzy,

Is there anything I should know about these things besides go out and have fun with it?

Balming

The buffer is pretty much the worst problem on the rifle. You can't order them from Ruger anymore so as you've already discovered they have to be fabricated. They do get really filthy and are kind of a hassle to disassemble compared to other rifles, but I found cleaning them to be kind of fun.

Other than that, my experience with them is that they are super accurate little rifles. I just gave my only one to my brother in law for a first rifle and already miss it. It would chew a single ragged hole (probably an inch or so) through the x ring at 50 yards. With 9mm being the cheapest ammo out there besides .22 I think they make really cool plinkers. I probably had more fun with my camp nine than most of the guns I've owned....in the bulk ammo price range anyway.

Good buy, you'll have lots of fun!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hey jrzy,

Balming

Great guns to shoot and have fun with and cheap to shoot too.
They cycle almost any ammo you want to use , I have never had a failure to feed or eject yet.

Marlin still has almost every part you would need.
They have brand new checkered stocks for 50 bucks I believe.
I ordered one for each and put them away.

1. Q) What is Marlin's address and telephone number?

A) For Mail:
Marlin Service
P.O. Box 248
North Haven, CT 06473
For Product Returns:
MFC
100 Kenna Drive
North Haven, CT 06473
Telephone Number for Service: 800-544-8892

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Steve's Pages .com is a great site for finding .pdf gun manuals.

Here's the Camp 9
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Only thing i ever shot that was not supposed to be shot was with a camp 9 when I was 18
It was that whole know what is behind your target thing

that siad my buddys dad is a Attorney he doesn't shoot but his son and i do
he has a whole basement full of pretty nice stuff gotten as payments and will not sell any of it  but says he does need or want it either
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Marlin still has most ever part you would need.

Every part but those nylon buffers for the camp carbines.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:59:47 PM EDT
[#15]
WOW!

What a steal!

<--- Proud owner of a Marlin CC 45.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:24:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
WOW!

What a steal!

<--- Proud owner of a Marlin CC 45.

Ah the . goes before the 45 -----> like this .45
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top